Are all the ships offloaded?

1 hour ago, Judyrem said:

As much as I would love to be on that Oasis sailing out of Miami April 12, I am not going to chance it.

You don't need to chance it, RCI will make the choice for you by the end of next week.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

No all shops are not offloaded, there is MSC Magnifica on a world cruise currently off the coast of Australia not able to dock, and there is X Eclipse who was unable to offload pax in Chile ( and board the new guests) so the original pax are still on board sailing towards San Diego. I’m sure there are others. 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

Just now, karena1 said:

We have Freedom 4/12 and I will hold out hope until I get an official cancellation from Royal!  Don't care if they modify the itin or anything, just want to get out of this madness and go on a cruise ship.

So its just waiting for an order on the shore? How is that? I heard all the cruises were postponed. I would rather get a refund and find another way to spend my vacation. If you are such a sea lover try taking a boat and go fishing or something =D 
But if speaking seriously, I think they shouldn't be keeping for so long and cancel it for God sake. Or give some other order to calm down the passengers and the crew which is also must be going through some stress at the moment 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

So its just waiting for an order on the shore? How is that? I heard all the cruises were postponed. I would rather get a refund and find another way to spend my vacation. If you are such a sea lover try taking a boat and go fishing or something =D 
But if speaking seriously, I think they shouldn't be keeping for so long and cancel it for God sake. Or give some other order to calm down the passengers and the crew which is also must be going through some stress at the moment 

As of right now, no official cancellation of our cruise.  So until I get that, not cancelling parking, air or hotels.  I can pretty much wait until the last minute to cancel, so will just wait.  I want the 125% FCC that I will get if Royal cancels my cruise vs me canceling it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, karena1 said:

We have Freedom 4/12 and I will hold out hope until I get an official cancellation from Royal!  Don't care if they modify the itin or anything, just want to get out of this madness and go on a cruise ship.

Hope for an April 2020 cruise is Zero...…..

4 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Hope for an April 2020 cruise is Zero...…..

maybe, but I never say never and I am an optimist.  I am always a 1/2 full kind of person.  Do I think it will be canceled?  Yes, but not canceling anything until they tell me for sure it has been canceled.  I live my life happy and just refuse to buy into gloom and doom.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, little britain said:

No all shops are not offloaded, there is MSC Magnifica on a world cruise currently off the coast of Australia not able to dock, and there is X Eclipse who was unable to offload pax in Chile ( and board the new guests) so the original pax are still on board sailing towards San Diego. I’m sure there are others. 

Also Pursuit on its way to Miami (also barred in Chile).  

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

maybe, but I never say never and I am an optimist.  I am always a 1/2 full kind of person.  Do I think it will be canceled?  Yes, but not canceling anything until they tell me for sure it has been canceled.  I live my life happy and just refuse to buy into gloom and doom.

Do you really want to get on a ship right now where the chances are pretty damn good that more than a few of the 4500+ people aboard are going to, most likely unknowingly, bring the virus aboard with them? It starts presenting itself during the week and then what do you know, the ship is quarantined for 14 days. Maybe you can afford a 3 week vacation but I need to work.

My whole post is moot anyway because Freedom isn't going anywhere for awhile. Oasis is sending its crew home. I suspect RCI isn't just gutting that one crew. They are not sending them home just to bring them back in 2 weeks to have the ship ready to sail in 3 weeks.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Not surprised, Ports/Countries closed to them cant just have Cruise nowhere.....though I wouldn't mind. 

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

Don't you follow the daily briefings by the medical experts?  If people weren't so selfish and self-centered and would follow the guidelines that have been in effect for weeks maybe the virus wouldn't be spreading so rapidly.  I have remained in my home and avoided contact with others for about 2 weeks as have most of my friends and family throughout the United States.  I believe there are 2 threads now which show cruises not sailing from US ports through some date in May.  The official notice is posted on one.  Stay home and don't catch or spread the virus, please.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

Don't you follow the daily briefings by the medical experts?  If people weren't so selfish and self-centered and would follow the guidelines that have been in effect for weeks maybe the virus wouldn't be spreading so rapidly.  I have remained in my home and avoided contact with others for about 2 weeks as have most of my friends and family throughout the United States.  I believe there are 2 threads now which show cruises not sailing from US ports through some date in May.  The official notice is posted on one.  Stay home and don't catch or spread the virus, please.

Agree, almost 2 weeks myself. This while watching 7 Neighbors hanging out in a driveway yaking for hrs. Another had friends over Friday nite eating/drinking around their pool until after midnite