Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
richwmn

The Daily for Thursday Mar 26, 2020

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

today is Solitude Day

Grand Bahama Anchorage
Nieuw Amsterdam
Nieuw Statendam
Veendam
Volendam
Zuiderdam

At Sea Atlantic
Koningsdam east of northern Brazil destination Suape Brazil eta 3/31

Puerto Vallarta MX
Westerdam
Eurodam

Long Beach CA
Oosterdam

At Sea Pacific
Amsterdam destination Durban South Africa eta 4/5
Maasdam (with Passengers) Destination San Diego eta 3/27
Noordam destination San Diego CA eta 4/24
Rotterdam west of Panama sailing to meet up with Zaandam
Zaandam (with Passengers) Destination Fort Lauderdale west of Peru eta Balboa PA 3/27

R-Z26A.png

Edited by richwmn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the Daily Report.

Solitude day - how appropriate.  Stay home and stay healthy.

Sending prayers to everyone still at sea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning 

Thank you for The Daily 👍 aka fleet report!

Solitude Day I hope all is practicing it!

Stay healthy and safe

Denise😊

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once all the ships get to their anchorage, there will be nothing to report, how are we going to get our fix? Stay safe & healthy every one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for today’s report, Rich!

You really went a bit overboard to make sure we would celebrate Solitude Day! 
 

Stay well everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the Oosterdam is now on the way to Puerto Vallarta.  I suspect this circled "Passenger vessel-Position received by satellite" is the Amsterdam.

 

Capture.thumb.JPG.9cc9b42739d73353d66aeb6e91482284.JPG

Rich it looks like the fleet may be repositioning pretty regularly.  In any case we need our daily fix of what day it is.

 

Roy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the report,  Rich 🙂 

 

Every day is solitude day here right now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the report, but how on earth am I supposed to incorporate Solitude into our evening menu?  Perhaps DH can eat in the kitchen while I'm in the dining room ? ? ?  BTW, the waffles we had for dinner last night were delicious.

 

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Morning Rich and Daily-ites!

Our front page this morning in caps.. "STAY HOME" 

Saturday will be our 14 day self quarantine after leaving Oosterdam on the 14th. 

I hope everyone will find one project today to work on. I am going thru our laundry room cabinets.

Be safe! ❤️ Joy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, kazu said:

Every day is solitude day here right now.  

 

Exactly what I was going to say! 

 

16 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good Morning Rich and Daily-ites!

Our front page this morning in caps.. "STAY HOME" 

Saturday will be our 14 day self quarantine after leaving Oosterdam on the 14th. 

I hope everyone will find one project today to work on. I am going thru our laundry room cabinets.

Be safe! ❤️ Joy

 

You're almost there! I hope Saturday you'll continue to be OK. 

 

I thought I would use this time to clean closets, finish projects, but I haven't done nearly as much as I thought I would. Too much time watching the news...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good Morning Rich and Daily-ites!

Our front page this morning in caps.. "STAY HOME" 

Saturday will be our 14 day self quarantine after leaving Oosterdam on the 14th. 

I hope everyone will find one project today to work on. I am going thru our laundry room cabinets.

Be safe! ❤️ Joy


 

My project is to make sure I still fit in my clothes at the end of this Solitude.  BTW - the CDC stated that this virus has lived as long as 17 days. They are not sure if certain conditions must exist in order for it to live that long - we still have a lot to learn about this virus. 
 

Stay well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cat shepard said:


 

My project is to make sure I still fit in my clothes at the end of this Solitude.  BTW - the CDC stated that this virus has lived as long as 17 days. They are not sure if certain conditions must exist in order for it to live that long - we still have a lot to learn about this virus. 
 

Stay well.

 

We are staying in place. I wish we could at least sit on our back porch and look at our mountains, but we've had snow-hail-rain and more to come. I try to chase our chairs around the windows to nab a few rays of sunshine. But we feel very blessed we are safe and pray for our country every day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good Morning Rich and Daily-ites!

Our front page this morning in caps.. "STAY HOME" 

Saturday will be our 14 day self quarantine after leaving Oosterdam on the 14th. 

I hope everyone will find one project today to work on. I am going thru our laundry room cabinets.

Be safe! ❤️ Joy

Good morning Joy!

Our 14 day quarantine is this Sunday after  leaving Rotterdam on the 15th in PV. Do you know I am looking at our suitcases still on our guest bed downstairs wishing we were going on a cruise instead of putting them away!😪

Have a great day!

To all we have our family and friends, and our wonderful friends here on CC!

Denise😊

PS The Carnival Imagination is looking very nice with the sun on her

as she is passing our place going south

Edited by DeeniEncinitas
Forgot to put in a date

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ski ww said:

Once all the ships get to their anchorage, there will be nothing to report, how are we going to get our fix? Stay safe & healthy every one.

 

I intend to watch the Juneau web cam ❤️ to get my Alaska fix for this cruise season.  And don't forget, we get the "whatever Day" information which changes daily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Rich for your report. I have been in self isolation since we left the Rotterdam 15 days ago. I do have 200 plus whiteface geese keeping me company as they parade past on the river or fly overhead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rich:  thank you for the fleet report.  If I wanted solitude, I would have joined a Trapest Monastery 60 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking out my window this morning:

Westerdam is docked in San Diego taking on supplies.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, richwmn said:

today is Solitude Day

Grand Bahama Anchorage
Nieuw Amsterdam
Nieuw Statendam
Veendam
Volendam
Zuiderdam

At Sea Atlantic
Koningsdam east of northern Brazil destination Suape Brazil eta 3/31

Puerto Vallarta MX
Westerdam
Eurodam

Long Beach CA
Oosterdam

At Sea Pacific
Amsterdam destination Durban South Africa eta 4/5
Maasdam (with Passengers) Destination San Diego eta 3/27
Noordam destination San Diego CA eta 4/24
Rotterdam west of Panama sailing to meet up with Zaandam
Zaandam (with Passengers) Destination Fort Lauderdale west of Peru eta Balboa PA 3/27

R-Z26A.png

Both

 

 

the Rotterdam and Zaandam have got a long way to go to meet up with each other.   Rotterdam is a lot closer to the Pamana Canal  than is the Zaandam.  Thank you for the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1600 update on Rotterdam and Zaandam

if I calculated right, they are 221 nm apart.

z-r26b.png

Edited by richwmn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...