Annoucment delay until monday

shof515

9 minutes ago, pinto18 said:

So other "less liberal" city would welcome a ship that would contain the virus?

First, I said "may"... not "would".

That aside, yes-in-deed there are other US ports that would welcome this ship.  Specifically, we are talking about the Carnival Miracle.  San Francisco would not let them dock there.  Long Beach gave it a home right away when SF turned them away.  

• Like 2

Look, if you are a betting man then all the information out there points to Carnival extending their pause/suspension of operations.  That being said, if THEY cancel your booking you KNOW you are going to get a very generous offer for the inconvenience and for letting Carnival hold on to your money.  If YOU cancel your booking, well you won't come out as well.  I've got a 7 day booked for June that I'm really looking forward too.  But if they cancel on me, I'm also looking forward to knowing that the next time I get on one of their ships I'll be getting on for significantly less.  Those OBC's add up!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TAIC1234 said:

Look, if you are a betting man then all the information out there points to Carnival extending their pause/suspension of operations.  That being said, if THEY cancel your booking you KNOW you are going to get a very generous offer for the inconvenience and for letting Carnival hold on to your money.  If YOU cancel your booking, well you won't come out as well.  I've got a 7 day booked for June that I'm really looking forward too.  But if they cancel on me, I'm also looking forward to knowing that the next time I get on one of their ships I'll be getting on for significantly less.  Those OBC's add up!

I’m not so sure the really generous offers are where the bar will be set for the future, depending on how far they cancel.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DenaInWyo said:

I managed to cancel and restart my hold today, but that always feels kind of iffy and I'm fairly sure if I try to do it again I won't be able to find that last cabin I'm talking about.  Anyone know how long after someone has put a room on hold it takes for it to be released to be booked again? 

Holds last 48 hours. Do you have a PVP? If so, you could call them and ask if they can extend the hold. Ours did that for us last year. We didn't even know it was possible, but he offered, so we took him up on it. He extended it from 48 hours to 5 days. I guess you could call their 800 number, but considering how busy their regular customer service reps. are, I don't know how far you'd get. Even if you have a PVP, I don't know if they'd do it for you now, what with everything that's going on.

On 3/27/2020 at 11:04 AM, SemperFi_Cruiser said:

I'm booked on the Paradise out of Tampa on April 16th.  There are no cruises available on Carnival's website anymore for that date on the Paradise.  Pretty obvious this cruise is not going to go, so why wait until the last minute to inform us of that?  With only just over two weeks until my cruise, you would think they would know by now whether or not it was a go, and let booked cruisers know that so they can make their decisions.

It's what they do.wait to the last minute to make decisions.just one of many things that has me sailing other lines.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scpirate said:

It's what they do.wait to the last minute to make decisions.just one of many things that has me sailing other lines.

I don’t think you can fault Carnival for delaying a decision that depends on numerous factors beyond their control. For example, Carnival has a big presence in Florida, yet I don’t see any cruise ships departing from Florida any time soon. I live in the Tampa area and every day things get worse here with more and more restrictions being implemented  every day. I can’t see any cruise ships departing from Tampa or any other ports in a Florida within the next several months. 

• Like 1

My June 3rd booking is no longer in my cruise manager. I tried to add it back in case it was a website glitch, but I get a message that the booking number and name do not match any current bookings. 

The booking is for Sunrise June 3rd from NYC. I wasn’t expecting the cruise to take place due to the current situation in NYC, but I did expect to hear news of changes before the booking disappeared from my cruise manager. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Mrs CruisinCritter said:

My June 3rd booking is no longer in my cruise manager. I tried to add it back in case it was a website glitch, but I get a message that the booking number and name do not match any current bookings. 

The booking is for Sunrise June 3rd from NYC. I wasn’t expecting the cruise to take place due to the current situation in NYC, but I did expect to hear news of changes before the booking disappeared from my cruise manager. 

That’s just a website glitch. My cruise for next year has disappeared as well so they must be deploying some server side updates right now. Try again tomorrow.

Edited by cksv
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I’m not so sure the really generous offers are where the bar will be set for the future, depending on how far they cancel.  

I know you know a lot more about the cruise industry than I do. Do you think the “delay” could have anything to do with Carnival Corp ships (Princess and Holland America) having the biggest problems related to COVID-19? Just pure speculation on my part, but I would think the government at both the state(s) and federal levels would be taking a close look at cruise lines under the Carnival umbrella. 

On 3/27/2020 at 12:27 PM, Organized Chaos said:

I guess I'm about the only one who isn't picking up my torch & pitchfork, ready to jump on the Carnival-hate bandwagon and storm their HQ over this delayed announcement. I view this entire nationwide issue as being "fluid." Ever-moving and ever-changing, day by day. Surely that has an affect on certain decisions that have to be made. That could be why they want to give themselves a little more time. So many of these businesses have to make some very impactful decisions that can't be taken lightly. I believe that when Carnival does decide to resume operations, even if it's only partially, they'll do so after 1) taking government recommendations into account, and 2) looking at what the rest of the cruising industry is doing. I could be wrong, but I don't believe that Carnival would return to service if all the other lines decide to remain shut down. If they did that, they'd look heartless and careless.

Better than I would have said. People are being selfish at the moment demanding answers and actions being taken immediately for themselves. No matter how much you complain, there is no measurable difference for you whether you heard Friday or even next Friday. Sit back and relax. If you want even more assurance, you probably won't be cruising. Your cancellation policy will be the same. Those who legitimately needed to call companies like Carnival, can't even get through because everyone and their mother need an answer, and they need it now.

Carnival wants to take a measured approach on this. For anyone whose employment is affected by this, we know that the details on this pandemic and actions taken are changing often.

• Like 5

It's easy for people to say it's not a big deal if they don't have an April cruise booked.  We saw what happened to the last few cruises.  People got turned away at the port because they implemented new health requirements.  People arrived at ports after Carnival knew they had cancelled cruises.  Maybe the people with cruises booked in April think Carnival could have made decisions about the April cruises on the day they told people they would.

Nobody is holding up a pitchfork.  People are wondering why other cruise lines were able to make these decisions, yet Carnival continues to lag behind.  I love taking Carnival cruises, but that doesn't mean I think every decision they make is a good one. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

It's easy for people to say it's not a big deal if they don't have an April cruise booked.  We saw what happened to the last few cruises.  People got turned away at the port because they implemented new health requirements.  People arrived at ports after Carnival knew they had cancelled cruises.  Maybe the people with cruises booked in April think Carnival could have made decisions about the April cruises on the day they told people they would.

Nobody is holding up a pitchfork.  People are wondering why other cruise lines were able to make these decisions, yet Carnival continues to lag behind.  I love taking Carnival cruises, but that doesn't mean I think every decision they make is a good one. 

Agreed. No pitchfork here either. I love Carnival and completely understand the reason behind the decisions that need to be made. But the lag, as mentioned, is in where the problem lies. At the exact time that you pull a cruise, you should be notifying your customers. The emotional, physical, and financial stress that is inflicted upon their customers by not having that information sooner (especially in the case where those customers showed up thinking they were going on a canceled cruise), is simply not good business in my opinion even under these circumstances. We’ve beat this up enough. But I agree with you. 

Edited by lensonlife
  • Like 2

On 3/27/2020 at 10:39 AM, kicia said:

I'm sure there are a lot of logistics to deal with.  Legend cruises are not available until 11/15/20, so all Europe cruises will probably be cancelled.  Radiance sailings are gone until 11/8/2020.  Mardi Gras not available until 3/27/21.  I haven't checked everything so there are probably more.  Will Carnival ships be deployed as floating medical centers?  If so, for how long?  Still lots of unanswered questions that Carnival has to work on.  Wish Monday would get here soon.

Most of those are self explanatory though. Europe wont allow cruises until late fall or winter. 

The radiance hasn't been refurbished or named the radiance yet if the port doesnt allow the work to get done it's kinda hard to redo the ship.

The Mardi Gras has another setback in work due to the virus as well. You have to be able to work on the ship for it to get done.

Cancel the cruises for another 30 days already carnival.. I'm scheduled on may 9th the sunrise and dont really expect to go but I need some time in advance to reschedule... QUIT LEAVING US IN LIMBO. Take the time to find anyway possible to keep the ships clean and make sure the sick dont board.

34 minutes ago, Nachosdelux said:

There will be no cruises in April.

There will be no cruises in May.

There will be no cruises in June.

There will be no cruises in July.

Stay safe everyone!

Right.  But until Carnival cancels, there will be no full refunds.  I looked at my account and the penalty for cancelling is $1200.  I am going to rebook, so it's not a huge issue for me other than being annoyed that the company said they would do something and didn't do it when they knew good and well they will not cruise in April.  However, there are people who lost their jobs and could use a refund on a cruise they know will eventually be cancelled.  

"If you cancel your booking today, the penalty amount would be $1206.00"

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Right.  But until Carnival cancels, there will be no full refunds.  I looked at my account and the penalty for cancelling is $1200.  I am going to rebook, so it's not a huge issue for me other than being annoyed that the company said they would do something and didn't do it when they knew good and well they will not cruise in April.  However, there are people who lost their jobs and could use a refund on a cruise they know will eventually be cancelled.  

"If you cancel your booking today, the penalty amount would be $1206.00"

This.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

don’t think you can fault Carnival for delaying a decision that depends on numerous factors beyond their control. For example, Carnival has a big presence in Florida, yet I don’t see any cruise ships departing from Florida any time soon.

I think you just answered WHY it would make sense for Carnival to at least cancel April/May departures from most of not all North American ports.  Many coastal states are on essential restrictions.  Some are on out-of-state travel restrictions (at least without 14 day quarantine).    That’s not changing in the next 2 months.

It’s not Carnival’s fault this virus is spreading so they owe me nothing extra for canceling as a safety precaution.  But they do (in my opinion) owe us a way to cancel without financial loss.

what was paid to them.  Very simple goodwill gesture: allow me to cancel ANY future bookings w/o losing deposit and full refund cash refund.  That would ensure my return when I feel safe to travel again.  Don’t refund any part & I will never sail your line again. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

People are wondering why other cruise lines were able to make these decisions, yet Carnival continues to lag behind.  

When I see statements like this, I wonder what I've missed.  Obviously Royal & Celebrity made their decision several days ago, but I can't see where NCL has or Disney has.  Perhaps they'll make their announcements a minute after this post goes live.

I feel sorry for those who have cruises coming up in the next 30-60 days and need an official cancellation for whatever reason, but I've forgiven CCL for this.  I'm sure they'll make a solid, well-informed decision.  I look forward to tomorrow's announcement.

36 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

When I see statements like this, I wonder what I've missed.  Obviously Royal & Celebrity made their decision several days ago, but I can't see where NCL has or Disney has.  Perhaps they'll make their announcements a minute after this post goes live.

I feel sorry for those who have cruises coming up in the next 30-60 days and need an official cancellation for whatever reason, but I've forgiven CCL for this.  I'm sure they'll make a solid, well-informed decision.  I look forward to tomorrow's announcement.

Disney Cruise Line may have adopted a similar policy to Walt Disney World: closed until further notice. As of now, WDW is accepting reservation for dates of June 1 and later but they are tentative and not guaranteed to open on that date.

Not sure though... haven’t been following DCL.

Edited by xDisconnections

I read that Trump will announce the results of his 15-day plan on Monday or Tuesday.  I really hope Carnival’s announcement is not dependent on that and won’t be delayed yet again if Tuesday is the day.

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

On 3/27/2020 at 10:39 AM, kicia said:

I'm sure there are a lot of logistics to deal with.  Legend cruises are not available until 11/15/20, so all Europe cruises will probably be cancelled.  Radiance sailings are gone until 11/8/2020.  Mardi Gras not available until 3/27/21.  I haven't checked everything so there are probably more.  Will Carnival ships be deployed as floating medical centers?  If so, for how long?  Still lots of unanswered questions that Carnival has to work on.  Wish Monday would get here soon.

I just cancelled my Radiance cruise for June 29th before Carnival decided to cancel.  I just put down a deposit and they said I will get $50 on my next cruise.  However, since they cancelled anyway shouldnt I get the full refund back?  Thanks for the info.

2 minutes ago, Mary49 said:

However, since they cancelled anyway shouldnt I get the full refund back?  Thanks for the info.

it is BEST to wait for carnival to cancel your cruise to get the most benefits. if you cancel by yourself, sometimes you dont get anything or the benefits will be less