Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 3/20/2021 at 11:17 PM, firefly333 said:

Are you a body guard or something? Wow

12 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

I was going to guess PI

As a kid I loved Rockford files. That, Love boat and Dukes of Hazard were my favorite TV's shows as a kid.

12 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I was thinking sales. 

I'm the worst sales person in history

12 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I'm going with secret agent.  A lot of James Bond type weapons can be hidden in the rig of his.  That skiing / flowrider persona on CC is just part of his cover.

And as he works in both Canada & the US, he apparently is a double-agent.

Now this is something I would go for... I love spy books.  

12 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I was thinking he knew he would be away for 9 weeks, body guard more than PI. A PI might not have as regular hours.

I guess he isnt going to tell us.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to skip over your post @firefly333

12 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’m thinking he’s involved in public health or mental health. 

And if you cross him, it won’t be good for your mental health. 🙃😉

12 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I believe you are correct.  On both counts. 🙂

I work with non-profit NGO's developing substance abuse programs.  I train their staff to develop their local programs and will participate as a teacher in the early start up sessions, I'll train them to deal with various local governmental agencies, like probation, corrections, law enforcement and local social service departments and will do the initial contacts as well as train them to continue to do the same as those officials change. I'll do the initial training of their volunteers who will do street outreach as well go out myself to help get things up and running.

I'm not really involved in mental health or public health like a nurse or doctor.  Just a lot of what we do has contact with people in those fields.

I wish I was a secret agent.  That'd be way more glamorous and not near as heartbreaking as what I do. I'd get to drive a really cool car and talk into my shoe like Maxwell Smart. However, I suspect my wife would be pretty jealous of agent 99.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

As a kid I loved Rockford files. That, Love boat and Dukes of Hazard were my favorite TV's shows as a kid.

I work with non-profit NGO's developing substance abuse programs.  I train their staff to develop their local programs and will participate as a teacher in the early start up sessions, I'll train them to deal with various local governmental agencies, like probation, corrections, law enforcement and local social service departments and will do the initial contacts as well as train them to continue to do the same as those officials change. I'll do the initial training of their volunteers who will do street outreach as well go out myself to help get things up and running.

I'm not really involved in mental health or public health like a nurse or doctor.  Just a lot of what we do has contact with people in those fields.

I wish I was a secret agent.  That'd be way more glamorous and not near as heartbreaking as what I do. I'd get to drive a really cool car and talk into my shoe like Maxwell Smart. However, I suspect my wife would be pretty jealous of agent 99.

Well you have a very valuable position in this day and age. Explains why you were in Canada so long. They need assistance so badly in BC.   Great job!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

She was smoking hot back in the 60s

40 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Have you toured the green grotto caves in jamaica? There is a pool at the bottom where some shoots were done for a bond movie with a submarine. There is one place you have to climb thru and bats and a lot of steps to that lake at the bottom, but they give you a free alcoholic drink when you finish  😁

https://www.planetware.com/jamaica/must-see-bond-filming-locations-in-jamaica-jam-1-19.htm#:~:text=Green Grotto Caves&text=Some of the scenes of,Montego Bay and Ocho Rios.

Lol I just watched this utube and forgot about the ugly Hairnets they make you wear. 

Edited by firefly333
Hairnets, not Hornets, spellcheck again
  • Like 5

42 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

She was smoking hot back in the 60s

If you’re referring to agent 99 you couldn’t be more right. 

If you’re talking about Daisy Duke I’m thinking that is more 79-84

AE558F81-A5B9-4BB8-82C2-1B240AC3E4CA.jpeg

D5396B12-B411-4928-9A8F-C6687818DC36.jpeg

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 2

On 3/21/2021 at 9:06 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

I got Cuisinart one for Christmas.  I love it!  Takes up more space than toaster oven did but I'm using the air fryer a lot more than I thought I would.

Me too.  Really does crispy up those fries!  😉 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 9:23 AM, davekathy said:

Excuse me, I beg to differ based on just the few food photos you've shared and describing other dishes you've made. 😉 

And as far as Bucky, my man. High five.  🖐️

LOL....Yeah, he is a bit more selective in his food choices now....but you both know about those "gourmet meals"....in another land and in a other time.  😄  😉 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Me too.  Really does crispy up those fries!  😉 

We almost never ate frozen fries or tater tots before we got our Ninja.  Now DH wants them all the time.  It also does a good job on breaded shrimp.  I am learning to use the pressure cooker.  In 45 years I’ve never had one.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Broiling it is actually very easy and fast.  And it turns out very tasty as well.  I envy you and all those from the east coast where lobster is so fresh and plentiful.  

https://www.wholesomeyum.com/the-best-broiled-lobster-tail-recipe/

I could add some broiled cookies to that.  😄 😄 

• Haha 1

Enjoyed our little RV camping overnighter to Jetty Park.  Sighed as we observed the "mouse boats"...AKA Disney Cruise Lines ships hanging just off shore.  

Was good to get the "land yacht" out again to put her through the paces to check everything out.  Way too much wine at happy hour, though was paired with some excellent grilled shrimp and scallops from Bucky the grill chef.  😉  

Got another email from American Airlines once again changing one of my flights (this one is the one up to Maine), and decided not to sit on hold for 2 hours again.  Waiting on the "call back" which is another version of "ignore".   Sigh.   Why, ....when they mess up your flight ....do they dump you on the worst possible alternative?  Uggg...guess it's a way for them to try to save money.  Found another flight that is doable, and now waiting to change it.  

Have kayak rentals set up for delivery and pick up at our first rental house.  Just hope no "roll overs"...since the ocean water in early June will be just barely above freezing.  😮  

Dinner plans up there...fresh lobster...here we come!  😋

• Like 10

57 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

If you’re referring to agent 99 you couldn’t be more right. 

If you’re talking about Daisy Duke I’m thinking that is more 79-84

AE558F81-A5B9-4BB8-82C2-1B240AC3E4CA.jpeg

D5396B12-B411-4928-9A8F-C6687818DC36.jpeg

60s, 99 is hot.  I never watched the Dukes.  Although my nephew has restored a version the General Lee, and has taken it to a lot of car shows.  I think it made a greater impression on him than me.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

60s, 99 is hot.  I never watched the Dukes.  Although my nephew has restored a version the General Lee, and has taken it to a lot of car shows.  I think it made a greater impression on him than me.  

Awww...no one though Maxwell Smart was sexy?  😉 

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Florida just officially opened Covid vaccines to 50 years old+ today.  Checked a nearby Publix and was able to get two appointments for my wife on Wednesday.  I'm surprised that worked so easily.    

3 hours ago, George C said:

Texas opened up vaccines for 50 plus last Monday , better half has a appointment this Wednesday 😁😁

New York just announced that starting tomorrow will be 50+.  I have to wait until tomorrow before I can start the appointment process.

My DW is slightly older than myself and became eligible 2 weeks ago when the age limit was dropped to 60+. When she first called, she got an appointment 2 months out. May 23rd to be exact.  A few hours later, she found out that our local county was running a one-day only pop-up vaccination site for county residence only. Called again got an appointment for the next day. Fully vaccinated in less than 24 hours. You'd think she won tickets to a free concert or a free cruise. LOL.

I'm hoping for the same experience.

And yes, she cancelled the May 23rd appointment.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Are the doors welded shut too, so he has to slide thru the window to get in and out?

Your family seems to have access to a lot of cool cars. Can they adopt me?

• Like 1

Yep, the warehouse is a bit of a strange mix of Americana.  With my wife’s 79 Mazda RX 7 dripping fluids over in a corner.  😆  My nephew warned me two years ago, I was going to have to do something with it as he and my SIL were working on doing something with the collection.  I think it is emotionally harder than they expected.  You don’t want to be adopted by us.  I plan on spending my meager fortune before I die.  My brother was the one you wanted to adopt you.  

As far as cars go, my brother was a gear head.  He was always buying fast toys, even when he couldn’t really afford it.  I would guess he was in his 40s before he made any real money, and for the next 25 years he did it really well.  

I have probably attended more auto races, than most professional race drivers have raced in.  I went to 3 and 4 a week from the age of about 5 until I was 18.  

• Like 4