Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

24 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Mallory’s MRI was postponed to October 18. She is so scared. 

Lenny, any reason for the postponement?

Or, just, you know -- arbitrarily?

Pity is is such an expensive test, otherwise, you can just add some money and have it done quickly out of your pocket.

5 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

That poor, precious girl.  The waiting is horrible.

The waiting is awful, every hour drags and drags. And, then, waiting for the analyzing / decoding / interpreting....

• Like 6

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Just know that all of you and your families, who have been struggling with issues, have been in my thoughts and prayers.  Life can sometimes throw us unexpected curves.  

Today, my niece’s husband passed away from a stage 4 form of cancer.  Sadly, he leaves behind an 18 year old boy and 6 & 8 year old girls.

I will catch up on posts tomorrow.  Take care everyone. 

So Sorry for the loss.     Very sad to hear his children have lost their Father at such a young age.      You and the family are in our thoughts and prayers through this difficult time. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Mallory’s MRI was postponed to October 18.She is so scared.She asked her father if she will die.I cried when I heard that.

Oh that is horrible and I personally would not accept that.   There is more than one place to get an MRI.     Not right to drag this out especially for a little girl who is really scared.     

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Minor issue compared to others, but our Happy Hour plans failed.    We walked over to Terrace Tavern to find out they were closed for a private party.     So we walked a couple more blocks to the Oyster House and slurped down some oysters with some beer and now walked back home.    

Neighbors are going to come hang out on our deck and we just ordered pizza from Bay Village pizza.     

Will try for Happy Hour tomorrow as they have a good one with 1/2 price mixed drinks, $5 drink of the day, cheap beers and $1 oysters along with a bunch of other cheap but really good appetizers.

We did have another successful day of painting.     Eric got walls in 2 bedrooms done and did some touch ups so they are done and will move furniture back around in those rooms tomorrow.    I worked on doors and moulding and got all them done on the 2nd floor then realized I missed the closet doors - will get them tomorrow.   

• Like 6

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Mallory’s MRI was postponed to October 18.She is so scared.She asked her father if she will die.I cried when I heard that.

Poor dear child.  I will say a special prayer for her when I light Shabbat candles in a few minutes.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Just know that all of you and your families, who have been struggling with issues, have been in my thoughts and prayers.  Life can sometimes throw us unexpected curves.  

Today, my niece’s husband passed away from a stage 4 form of cancer.  Sadly, he leaves behind an 18 year old boy and 6 & 8 year old girls.

Sincere condolences to you & your family. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

NO NO NO Mallory, YOU are destined to do great things in life.....like blowing 90 candles from your birthday cake. Picture that and Remember that!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

If she indeed has to wait until the 18th for the MRI, I would use the time to find, perhaps, another physician who would be more understanding of the whole patient picture.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

If she indeed has to wait until the 18th for the MRI, I would use the time to find, perhaps, another physician who would be more understanding of the whole patient picture.

Physicians hardly have control of how radiology departments schedule. You, I, and no one else here knows the reason for the delay. Advising someone the change physicians over the issue seems a bit misguided to me.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Sending you and your family our deepest condolences.

Graham.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Oh no.

This must be very upsetting for her and the family.

Sending our prayers 🙏.

Graham.

Lenny

I am saddened that you and your family are going through such a difficult time.

Hopefully,you are uplifted by the thoughts and prayers offered to you and your family by those posting here.

Take care

M J 🙋🏻

Edited by MJSailors
  • Like 5

On 10/6/2021 at 12:18 AM, NHProud said:

Do all Romanians have a gift for languages. ?   You certainly do !  My husband was on sabbatical in Munich in the late 70’s and I enrolled in a German class . All the other students in the class were from Romania and they left me in the dust. They outshined me . It was hard to keep up with them . They told me they had  fled because of NC.  

Thanks, Judy.

Funny you mentioning German class.... When we were about to be relocated to Brussels by the company my DH has worked all his life, they tried to make it as easier as possible, especially for the spouses who had to leave their places of work behind.

We were given the option of taking an intensive course in English, French or German.

Since I was quite fluent in the first two, and DH knew a bit of Yiddish from home, we choose German.

I was a resounding failure. I think that, psychologically, I couldn't see myself speaking German.

To this day, whenever I visit Germany [pre-Covid, at least once a year, since I have family there], I'm astonished to see my first cousin [and, before that, my late dear aunt, who barely escaped a camp, together with my grandmother, leaving behind my grandfather in an unmarked grave] being so "integrated" in Germany.

My aunt [a pediatrician] and my uncle [a pharmacist], being high-skilled, didn't have any hope of being given permission to leave Romania's N.C., so they crammed a few belongings in their car, and managed to flee through Yugoslavia to Germany.

The plan was to make some money, so as not to arrive in Israel without any means, like my parents.

They indeed made "some money", but never arrived here.... the life in Germany is too good. 😢

• Like 9

Yesterday, I didn’t get to post my lake picture of the day. The leaves are rapidly changing here.  I used the color filter on this one to bring out some of the colors 

665635FB-F88E-469B-8935-8542DC999508.thumb.jpeg.16d06690b17f6217744ba6dfa892c400.jpeg

The northern tier of PA is approaching peak colors this weekend, and we may see the peak in about a week.  We should see some nice colors on our drive to NY on Sunday. 

Rain and 62° this morning.  It is supposed to stop just before grandson’s football game this morning. 

• Like 15

@Jimboglad you have your electrician lined up so you can start using that spa.  Now, here are a few observations from the first couple days of using ours. 

1.  Why is it that they have twice as many drink holders as they have seats in the tub?  Is it for those standing outside wanting to get in?  In any event, I have been trying out all the holders. 

DF614DB0-9256-442B-9FF8-A8E803AE0B7A.thumb.jpeg.2111191b10e066112a41d90d4de0dd99.jpeg

2.  I can see an outdoor bar in the future.  I already hate getting out and going in the house to refill drinks.  😂😂

3.  Privacy screening will be a priority. We already had our backyard neighbor’s mother wander over. 🤷

4. For us, we may look for a gazebo to keep the leaves and acorns from falling in.  

We are enjoying ours!!

• Like 12

At the back of our property.  It is our neighbor's 2 ponds but with all the rain this year the ponds have joined and the water has spread almost/onto our property making a delightful little lake.  There are a lot of water fowl that enjoy it from time to time.  Right now there are a white heron and egrets around.  We have had geese and ducks at various times.

1616897991_Backyard.thumb.jpeg.76882fb23c32af8b4906a506cf219fa9.jpeg

• Like 13

I would have posted this last night but CC was not having any of it.

Owen’s team won 42-6.  He had 7 kick offs, one punt and made all 6 extra point kicks.  Didn’t miss one. He calls them PATS (point after touch down)

Here are is a link to some of Owen’s plays.

• Like 8

Good morning from Miami. 

All dressed, packed and eagerly waiting to catch the hotel shuttle to port. 

We are eagerly waiting to get updates on those struggling to get here 

Flight delays, cancellations of flights as well as I 95 S. Closed from a wreck causing backups. 

We hope and pray for a safe journey. 

It looks like I will have a significant amount of reading to do on my other favorite threads till I get home.  

For now. 
Keep safe

Stay Healthy 

Keeping all in my prayers. 

Sue 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I would have posted this last night but CC was not having any of it.

Owen’s team won 42-6.  He had 7 kick offs, one punt and made all 6 extra point kicks.  Didn’t miss one. He calls them PATS (point after touch down)

Here are is a link to some of Owen’s plays.

Excellent - Congratulations to Owen and his team🤩

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning from Miami. 

All dressed, packed and eagerly waiting to catch the hotel shuttle to port. 

We are eagerly waiting to get updates on those struggling to get here 

Flight delays, cancellations of flights as well as I 95 S. Closed from a wreck causing backups. 

We hope and pray for a safe journey. 

It looks like I will have a significant amount of reading to do on my other favorite threads till I get home.  

For now. 
Keep safe

Stay Healthy 

Keeping all in my prayers. 

Sue 

Hi Sue,   looking forward to your live review.     Safe travels and hope the others arrive with no further complications.     I am sure you feel the excitement building up and will be so happy when you step on board.       

Bon Voyage😍

• Like 1