Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

never noticed that they need to use a pole to retrieve people that stop short on the zip line at CocoCay.  

I've never seen that either. I wonder if it's the weight of the person that matters? Obviously the heavier the more momentum they would have going down. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I always ask for double meat, and eat it sitting on my balcony. The horseradish makes it perfect. 

I doubled up by adding the Au Jus and horseradish.   I love horseradish.  I like making my on cocktail sauce for shrimp. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

It wasn’t well attended, and no professionals.  We only had 14 out of 20, but the nearest competition had 10.  

The Beatles trivia last week had 6 groups with perfect scores. We missed 3 on that one. 

We did Costa a long time ago and did a trivia on Sinatra, we got 14 out of 15 correct was told nobody ever got higher , love trivia.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I doubled up by adding the Au Jus and horseradish.   I love horseradish.  I like making my on cocktail sauce for shrimp. 

That sounds yummy. I just do it on the cheap with store bought but I think yours would taste better.

12 minutes ago, George C said:

We did Costa a long time ago and did a trivia on Sinatra, we got 14 out of 15 correct was told nobody ever got higher , love trivia.

I love Sinatra. I am impressed by your knowledge of him. He is still one of my favorite all time singers.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Love horseradish. My mother use to make her own horseradish. Yum. Talk about clearing out your sinuses. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 5

Sad day at the Sea Dog home. Just finished putting the last two of 6 indoors Christmas trees and decorations away. The house looks so cold right now. I will start on the outside decorations tomorrow as it's suppose to be in the upper 50's. Sad that my most favorite time of year has come to an end but it was a great one. I figured up that I watched over 60 Christmas/Holiday movies plus listened to days worth of music. I will still work on getting Christmas songs together for next year's comp. I hope some of you downloaded this year's mix. If so and you liked it or have suggestions let me know.

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That sounds yummy. I just do it on the cheap with store bought but I think yours would taste better.

I love Sinatra. I am impressed by your knowledge of him. He is still one of my favorite all time singers.

I had to educate my wife on Sinatra when we got married, was able to see him live many times in New York, Las Vegas and Dallas. Our favorite upscale restaurant has a huge charcoal picture of him  and all the singers play his music in there acts. 

• Like 4

We are the ones in our neighborhood that all the strays find. I've lost count as to how many I've had spayed/neutered and released. All kittens have  found homes. About a year ago we found a 2 that had been poisoned and there was one that I was convinced had been a pet. We had been feeding him for at least 5 years so my daughter took him. He still doesn't like to be picked up but loves to cuddle and when you pet him he grabs on to your arm with both paws. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I wish I was good at it. I can't remember some times what i did yesterday 😉

33 minutes ago, George C said:

Our problem with trivia is that we know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about one particular thing.  We end up doing it for fun, knowing that we have practically zero chance of winning.  Would be interesting if they had a mixed theme trivia contest where the questions came from a lot of different areas.

The craziest trivia that I saw was Harry Potter a few years ago.  We've read all of the books and seen all of the movies...many times twice.  But we didn't even understand half the questions being asked.  Extremely detailed questions about minor things that weren't really even part of the plot.  Still, there were a couple of teams with perfect scores.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

48°F, not nice.

52f now.  Better than being home in the cold.  Typical weather for sailing out of bayonne this time of year.  Anthem is perfect ship for these sailings.    Was doing a little work online from 270.  Going to head to  solarium to read next.  Eric is napping on his sea day.  

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Sad day at the Sea Dog home. Just finished putting the last two of 6 indoors Christmas trees and decorations away. The house looks so cold right now. I will start on the outside decorations tomorrow as it's suppose to be in the upper 50's. Sad that my most favorite time of year has come to an end but it was a great one. I figured up that I watched over 60 Christmas/Holiday movies plus listened to days worth of music. I will still work on getting Christmas songs together for next year's comp. I hope some of you downloaded this year's mix. If so and you liked it or have suggestions let me know.

Sorry, but when I read the first line, the first thing that came to mind was something happened to one of the pups.😐

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Our problem with trivia is that we know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about one particular thing.  We end up doing it for fun, knowing that we have practically zero chance of winning.  Would be interesting if they had a mixed theme trivia contest where the questions came from a lot of different areas.

The craziest trivia that I saw was Harry Potter a few years ago.  We've read all of the books and seen all of the movies...many times twice.  But we didn't even understand half the questions being asked.  Extremely detailed questions about minor things that weren't really even part of the plot.  Still, there were a couple of teams with perfect scores.

I always do trivia on cruises .One time it was me and 4 other people in a group.None of us ever met previously.We got 19 out of 20 correct.

The crew person conducting the session ,said wow,you guys are good and deserving of good prizes,RCI key chains.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Love horseradish. My mother use to make her own horseradish. Yum. Talk about clearing out your sinuses

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My mother also made her own horseradish. Years later I referred to it as a natural high.

DH also decided last Passover that the horseradish sold in the stores isn't "harsh" enough for him, and he'll do its own.

He was very successful... with clearing the sinuses, cosinuses, tangens and all the others in between.... 🤪

48 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Sad day at the Sea Dog home. 

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sorry, but when I read the first line, the first thing that came to mind was something happened to one of the pups.😐

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I thought the same.  Was relieved to read on.

Oh, Greg, you've almost gave me a heart attack... Please, please, next time go "easy" on us 🥰

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, George C said:

I had to educate my wife on Sinatra when we got married, was able to see him live many times in New York, Las Vegas and Dallas. Our favorite upscale restaurant has a huge charcoal picture of him  and all the singers play his music in there acts. 

One of my biggest regrets was not seeing him live.

43 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Our problem with trivia is that we know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about one particular thing. 

Same here.

31 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sorry now that I read it back poor choice of words.

7 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Oh, Greg, you've almost gave me a heart attack... Please, please, next time go "easy" on us 🥰

I'm sorry should have used a better phrase. It is sad for me as I do love Christmas time.

• Like 5

Charlie was supposed to see Sinatra in Vegas, along with a meet and greet.  He had a very high roller friend!  Anyway, that was when Sinatra’s mom was killed in the plane crash.  They ended up seeing Sammy Davis instead.  On another note, my friend who was not a fan, saw him in AC.  She said she could believe the electricity in the room when he came out to perform!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Nice uplifting story! I can see why the imposter was able to fool you!

The differences are so slight in my eyes it is hard to know the difference between the two. The stray actually looks to be fairly healthy. 

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, cats definitely enjoy their independence.    I wonder as she gets older if she would like to be inside and snuggling up.    

I bet she would for some reason. 

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I wish I was good at it. I can't remember some times what i did yesterday 😉

LOL, welcome to the family. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

52f now.  Better than being home in the cold.  Typical weather for sailing out of bayonne this time of year.  Anthem is perfect ship for these sailings.    Was doing a little work online from 270.  Going to head to  solarium to read next.  Eric is napping on his sea day.  

When I saw 52⁰ I thought what! Then I remembered you are North of us.  A couple hours ago we were at 81⁰.  I just met Bucky.   Fun talk, great guy.  Pat wasn't with him.  I am hoping to me Pat and the others later.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Harry Potter trivia is crazy!  We went to it once on Mariner in either 2006 or 2007, forget which.  It was in the Schooner Bar and it was packed with groups of kids on the floor everywhere.  We joined a team of adults but basically gave up after a few questions because it was so detailed.  At the end of 20 questions, there was either 4 or 5 teams with perfect scores.  They then went into a sudden death elimination round.  These kids were impressive and it took another 7 questions to finally get a winning team.  It was one of the best trivia games we have ever seen as there we no "professionals", just a lot of young people who were totally enthralled with reading!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When I saw 52⁰ I thought what! Then I remembered you are North of us.  A couple hours ago we were at 81⁰.  I just met Bucky.   Fun talk, great guy.  Pat wasn't with him.  I am hoping to me Pat and the others later.

We are slowly warming up.  now 55f and sky is clearing up and sun is trying to break free of the clouds Tomorrow will be much better.  That's great you got to meet Bucky.  When you see Pat, tell them we said Hi🤩

• Like 2