Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

@Ocean Boy - Happy Birthday OB!  I hope you get some good beach time today.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

@Ocean Boy.

Sending you our Happy birthday wishes.

birthday-fireworks.gif.93f1e7c6e52e2869b60c44635b2a604d.gif

58 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

@Ocean Boy Happiest of Birthday's wished to you my friend. 

428b2c1392fffc3dd3c74e0fb9b8d139.jpeg.c8f53f0b4a8d7a848122c0aa34d0512b.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Happy Birthday.  There are some here that just don't forget.  Once they let it out, we all join in! Have a great day!

44 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Happy Birthday 🎂

Thank you all very much!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

How are you feeling today?  Getting better I hope

Definitely feeling better, thanks.  I still don't have much stamina and have a lingering cough but have turned the corner.  DH is improving too.  He is just really tired and still has a cough.  Doesn't help that he is working from home and not relaxing at all.  You still coughing?

• Like 9

12 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Lenny- I am so glad for you that you have mobility with your new walker ! 

I hope you have many days of enjoying walks in your neighborhood.

You are right about staying in today because it was so warm outside. I drove my hubby’s car to an appointment this afternoon and when I started the car ,the temperature gauge said 98 degrees !

It is cooling off tomorrow,so maybe you can go out and about .

MJ🙋🏻

I had a very bad night.I was coughing non stop and was going to have a Covid test this morning but I feel fine .I think it was a combination of heat and allergies .

I hope to go out later.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Definitely feeling better, thanks.  I still don't have much stamina and have a lingering cough but have turned the corner.  DH is improving too.  He is just really tired and still has a cough.  Doesn't help that he is working from home and not relaxing at all.  You still coughing?

That's good.  Yup still coughing.  The cruise I am "supposed" to be on just got their Bermuda stay cut down again due to that storm in the Atlantic.  They are now getting only 1 day from 6pm Thur to  6pm the next day

Edited by molly361
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

That's good.  Yup still coughing.  The cruise I am "supposed" to be on just got their Bermuda stay cut down again due to that storm in the Atlantic.  They are now getting only 1 day from 6pm Thur to  6pm the next day

That's too bad, that isn't much time in Bermuda at all.  Won't be much to do getting in at 6pm.

I just need to test negative and have the cough calm to go see my Mom this weekend.  Me and a cough is pretty normal anyway, doesn't take much for me to sound like a seal lol

I hope you cough calms so you don't get dirty looks on the plane.  You are flying in a week or so aren't you?

• Like 3

Just now, reallyitsmema said:

That's too bad, that isn't much time in Bermuda at all.  Won't be much to do getting in at 6pm.

I just need to test negative and have the cough calm to go see my Mom this weekend.  Me and a cough is pretty normal anyway, doesn't take much for me to sound like a seal lol

I hope you cough calms so you don't get dirty looks on the plane.  You are flying in a week or so aren't you?

Next Friday 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Those things really beat up your muscles. When I did it My arms and hand for sore for a day.

It's my back and legs that kill me the most!  I used a heating pad yesterday, since I was hurting so much!  I had also spent the day before mulching, etc.  I feel so behind in outside work since we've gotten back to NJ from Naples, since the weather wasn't the best for so long!

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Ha ha, Dani has her ways !

Happy Birthday, have a fab day. Not too much work and lots of fun and cake 

Dani has a list in her book...very similar to Santa's Good Girls and Boys List!😉

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

You share a birthday with my daughter. 

Happy Birthday wishes for your daughter, Mark!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

I've decided not to participate today in my HS group gathering [we haven't seen each other for months, thanks Omicron], and may be decide not to see our kids and grandkids Friday next week, so as not to catch "anything" along the way...

<Sigh>

It's a shame that you didn't get to see your HS group, Dani, but you and your DH have waited so very long for your Cruise.  Wise choice!!!❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am following Arzeena ‘s lead and wishing you a very happy birthday even though you do not share my love of Sorrento’ pizza.

14 minutes ago, A&amp;L_Ont said:

@Ocean Boy Happy Birthday to you. 

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@Ocean Boy  Wishing you the happiest of Birthdays, OB!!!

Enjoy your Special Day!🎂

Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

The darkness may also be 4K related.  4K TV sets will appear darker than an HD TV set, especially if your 4K TV has an HDR setting.  I had this problem when I first watched Ozark in 4K a few years ago on my first 4K TV.  It was so dark that I had a hard time seeing what was happening.

Why Does 4K Look Dark? (hometheateracademy.com)

I did not know that. Thanks for that info as we are looking to buy a 4K TV.

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

It's my back and legs that kill me the most!  I used a heating pad yesterday, since I was hurting so much!  I had also spent the day before mulching, etc. 

Yes it is hard on your back. I remember mine hurting too as you are slightly bent over washing.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 12:56 PM, Sea Dog said:

We normally do the Keto thing and do not carbs except for one day a week. You gotta have some fun sometime plus I do love my carbs.

We do on cruises, add a few veggies and an occasional sugar free dessert.  I was able to make it through our March 5 day with little to no cheating.  I brought my own Skinny Girl syrups and the bartenders were very cooperative! Today I  made Ketovore Protein Modifying Fast rolls and they were delicious, no carbs but the blueberries.   We did Keto for a year and then went to all BBB&E   beef, bacon, butter and eggs with cheese. All animal meats, shrimp is a go to.  We've been doing it since January.  It hasn't been bad at all, still love it.  And my diabetes is Pre Diabetes numbers so I could get off Metformin.  Yeeha. Lost a fair amount of weight and even more in inches.  Not for everyone but it works for us.

• Like 3