Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 08.00am sunny and 50°F already here on the North East coast of England.

Petrol went up again yesterday to nearly $10 a gallon😟.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Graham.

$10 a gal.   Uugghh😪

We had lots of rain pass through last night.   Now bright and sunny in low 70s.   

Have a Great day😍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm packing to head to our shore house for 2 weeks.   @dani negreanu we leave Sat June 11th.   

Our currents tenants are to leave by 11 am and we should be there around noon.

Our Son Chris and his GF Donna will arrive around 1 pm and stay for a couple of days.  Then my Brother Todd and his wife will come down the following weekend and stay for 5 or 6 days..  should be lots of fun and hoping we have some great weather.

• Like 13

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Nope. It wasn't supposed to be a solo, but Laura is headed to Atlanta to babysit grandson. 

I'm looking forward to the freedom. Laura has done it dozens of times. My turn now.

Unfortunately we won't get any points for the trip

Hugs for Amanda, kisses for Felix.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Someday you will be one of those at top tier event with over 3000 points😃

That will take a while. May burn out by then.

We really haven't embraced the multi B2B trips some folks do. Boring.

Of course the world cruise is different 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Ugh! It’s that time again. I hate having to decide which appliance to buy. Some have features I like and others have different features I like. Wished I could take features from both and put them into one. 😁

Does anyone have a dishwasher with a tall third rack (top)? I like the KitchenAid but the rack is tall (maybe 4 inches) and takes up more room. I’m thinking I won’t be able to put tall glasses in the second rack without taking out the top one. We don’t have a third rack with our dishwasher now so not sure just how much we will use it. It also has water jets that spray up under the third rack which the Bosch doesn’t. The jets are on bars/tubes that spin around that will get the third rack, but will also spray down onto the second rack. In the link you can see the spray bars. They are red on the end.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/KitchenAid-24-in-PrintShield-Stainless-Steel-Top-Control-Built-In-Tall-Tub-Dishwasher-with-Stainless-Steel-Tub-44-dBA-KDTM404KPS/312285805#overlay

Mike likes the Bosch because it’s top rated in Consumer Reports. It has the third rack but is short. Won’t be able to put much up there. It doesn’t have any water jets that will spray from up underneath. Both of these models have a spray thing that sprays down onto the top rack.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-800-Series-24-in-Stainless-Steel-Top-Control-Tall-Tub-Dishwasher-with-Stainless-Steel-Tub-CrystalDry-42dBA-SHXM78Z55N/310500139

Any thoughts on these or other dishwashers? 

This is the Dishwasher we are getting for our remodel of our kitchen. Has a 3rd rack on the top also, never have had a dishwasher like that so I guess it will be a new learning curve how to get the best use out of it.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-Profile-24-in-Stainless-Steel-Top-Control-Built-In-Tall-Tub-Dishwasher-with-3rd-Rack-and-45-dBA-PDP715SYNFS/310504261

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

I'm a bit of a worrier too and dont sleep well.

Our little one year old grandson has developed multiple allergies. Mainly dairy and eggs but some others too. Hopefully he will grow out of them. He gets special milk from the Dr's but mum is also occasionally still feeding so she has gone Vegan (she was vegetarian anyway)

When we were round there last week he had some cooked peas and immediately started itching his neck and face and lips swelled. 

Worrying for them and us. It seems to be a fairly modern thing, I don’t remember anyone having any allergies (apart from pollen) when we were growing up 

Looking forward to hearing all about the reveal 😀 

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Our eldest grandson was also allergic to dairy and eggs in early days. He indeed grow out of them. But now turns out he's allergic to pecan, pistachio and walnuts, but not to peanuts...

That's exactly what I was thinking.... I don't remember in my childhood any allergies whatsoever....

My grandson had similar issues until he was just over a year old, my daughter needs to be gluten free and son in law has tree nut allergies (can and dies eat peanuts since they are not in that category).  Food in their house is tough to begin with almonds are used in place of wheat for a lot of things, add in grandsons "allergies" and breastfeeding was very tough.  Thankful he has outgrown those issues and well past the formula stage, she did supplement with one of those special formulas that are now crazy hard to get.  One of his favorite foods is now bagels and lox with cream cheese!

Agree never heard of so many issues when we were young does make you wonder what we are putting in our bodies to mess them up now.

Been away for a few days, family stuff taking up a lot of time, anyways sorry if I missed any celebrations, etc tried to scan a bit but know I missed a lot.  Did see Top Gun chat, we went to see it in the theater yesterday definitely recommend.  Watched the original, on Prime the night before, well worth it.  

Safe travels to all heading out soon and 🤞for negative tests.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

This is the Dishwasher we are getting for our remodel of our kitchen. Has a 3rd rack on the top also, never have had a dishwasher like that so I guess it will be a new learning curve how to get the best use out of it.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-Profile-24-in-Stainless-Steel-Top-Control-Built-In-Tall-Tub-Dishwasher-with-3rd-Rack-and-45-dBA-PDP715SYNFS/310504261

We elected to get the dishwasher with the pocket handle rather then the bar since dishwasher will be in our island and didn't want to catch clothing while working on the island at sink or on both sides of the sink where there will be counter space above dishwasher.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

We have a set of 4 of the swirly glasses that a bartender gave us. I'm not a big cocktail drinker, but they are great for ice cream and hot fudge sundaes. :classic_biggrin:

Patti I really like these glasses instead of martini glasses. They seem more solid to sit on a table and to hold.

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm packing to head to our shore house for 2 weeks.   @dani negreanu we leave Sat June 11th.   

Our Son Chris and his GF Donna will arrive around 1 pm and stay for a couple of days.  Then my Brother Todd and his wife will come down the following weekend and stay for 5 or 6 days..  should be lots of fun and hoping we have some great weather.

Sounds like fun pencil me in for a date. 😉

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Ugh! It’s that time again. I hate having to decide which appliance to buy. Some have features I like and others have different features I like. Wished I could take features from both and put them into one. 😁

Does anyone have a dishwasher with a tall third rack (top)? I like the KitchenAid but the rack is tall (maybe 4 inches) and takes up more room. I’m thinking I won’t be able to put tall glasses in the second rack without taking out the top one.

We have had our 3 rack Maytag  dishwasher for two years now.  And I love it.

It has the two level sprayers and the top level I use for my utensils, thin bowls, and they get clean.

Our last L & G only lasted 3 years till it just one day decided, I'm done. Time to spend money.

Now, it works so well that we just got a letter that it is being recalled.

Some thing about a electronic thingie.

Now the question is how do you recall??

Well, gonna find out.

We did break down and bought the warranty which I never do, so this could get interesting.

My husband usually installs all our appliances with the neighborhood boys club (2 used to work as repairmen washer/dryer/ stove/ microwave) and another installed kitchen appliances.

So we were always able to avoid the installation fees.

It is the top of the line with neat options I am sure I will never use.

Good luck.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Talking about commuting, I read today that there is to be a rail strike happening from the 21 June.  DD has a train trip booked from London to Exeter on that date and will be in London for the week of the strike.  Hoping the strike will be averted or not as bad as currently predicted.

Hope you get over you cold quickly so you can enjoy your cruise to the fullest.

Yeap, not wanting to get political but train drivers and particularly underground drivers are very well paid and have very good holiday entitlement but have very strong unions so 🤷‍♀️

She could try National Express coaches. They are good modern coaches and central London to Exeter should take around 4 hours 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It sounds like you've got a lot of good times planned while at your shore house, Debbie!  Enjoy!!

We had our storm around 5am this morning.  Lightning and heavy downpours.  Last week we lost power for over 9 hours. Lightening hit an electric wire, which caused a car fire, besides causing the power outage.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Positive thoughts your cold is just a regular old fashion cold and you all pass your tests🙏

Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks Debbie, I did a covid home test today and all negative so definitely a cold. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

My grandson had similar issues until he was just over a year old, my daughter needs to be gluten free and son in law has tree nut allergies (can and dies eat peanuts since they are not in that category).  Food in their house is tough to begin with almonds are used in place of wheat for a lot of things, add in grandsons "allergies" and breastfeeding was very tough.  Thankful he has outgrown those issues and well past the formula stage, she did supplement with one of those special formulas that are now crazy hard to get.  One of his favorite foods is now bagels and lox with cream cheese!

Agree never heard of so many issues when we were young does make you wonder what we are putting in our bodies to mess them up now.

Been away for a few days, family stuff taking up a lot of time, anyways sorry if I missed any celebrations, etc tried to scan a bit but know I missed a lot.  Did see Top Gun chat, we went to see it in the theater yesterday definitely recommend.  Watched the original, on Prime the night before, well worth it.  

Safe travels to all heading out soon and 🤞for negative tests.

My oldest granddaughter also has three nut allergies, and her sister is gluten free.  All 3 of my oldest grandchildren had eczema growing up.  I always felt so badly for them..itchy red skin, etc.

• Like 4

It is truly amazing what a good night sleep does for a person.

Maybe it was the constant sound of rain falling that drifted me off, but whatever It was well needed.

Graham...............Beautiful car, love it.  I wish you safe travels as you embark on your new vehicle.

Woke up to a news story that we have a black bear a few miles to the east, last seen in Brookfield, Ohio.

They usually migrate west, so we are on alert.

Today baking consisted of Banana brownies.

And 

later the Kiss cookies.

Then, the baking is done, and just have to tray them and set up on Saturday.

I am wishing safe travels to those soon embarking on cruises.

And

To those recovering from COVID, well wishes.

I was surprised to hear about the lettuce shortage, here it is growing abundantly and you can get fresh lettuce at the fruit/vegetable stands all around town.

Take care

Later

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We picked up our new car this morning.

G&P, enjoy your new car.

Renault Megan was our first hand car.... We enjoyed visiting different car sellers and trying their cars. The moment I sat in the Megan, I was hooked. Very comfy, and such French chic... We had it until a careless driver, texting while driving, crossed the line and hit our Megan. Our youngest was driving, and, being a security man with some preventive training, he managed to dodge the direct hit, but still found himself upside down in a ditch... Luckily, just cast on his leg for 2 months. The car withstood the hit very well, but the insurance still declared it a total loss!!!

We also rented a Renault Kadjar in our last trip to Italy before Covid, based on the "experience" with the above accident.

Safe travels 😘

• Like 10

48 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Thanks Debbie, I did a covid home test today and all negative so definitely a cold. 

Glad to hear it is just a cold, and I hope you get over it soon.  

Not to be a bearer of bad news, but I had my “cold” for two days of testing negative, then tested positive on the 3rd day. 

I hope it is truly just a cold so it doesn’t impact your cruise. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

My oldest granddaughter also has three nut allergies, and her sister is gluten free.  All 3 of my oldest grandchildren had eczema growing up.  I always felt so badly for them..itchy red skin, etc.

My youngest granddaughter has peanut allergies .I am gluten free.On most cruises I have not been eating gluten free to begin and only began to eat gluten free after getting sick.

• Like 1