Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I've been trying to get caught up on this thread since we returned from Ovation a couple of weeks ago. The posts add up so quickly! 

We embarked the day @Ourusualbeach left the ship. It was a fantastic trip. We didn't know exactly what to expect after reports of food and staffing shortages on cruises in general, but we thought the food and service were great! Alaska was amazing. This was my 2nd Alaskan cruise, but my family had not been. It was fun to see things through their eyes. By far my favorite family trip yet. 

Andrew starts middle school next week, I can't believe he is growing up so fast.

35320-52743343.jpg

Great family photo.

Graham.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

I've taken 9 diversional cruises since Dan passed.  And that's just what he would have wanted me to do😇  Beats sitting home feeling sad

What I am afraid of is that she will be sitting home feeling sad.  We will be gone, along with our other daughter and granddaughter.  The more we bring it up, the more she shuts down so we will give her space and hope she changes  her mind while the rooms are open.

• Like 14

17 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I am usually on my second cup of coffee by then, and I don’t work. 😳

You need your coffee to keep up with the grandkids adventures.  
Also want to add my positive thoughts for your daughter.  

3 hours ago, singinalot said:

leg 1 has begun

Wishing you safe travels and a wonderful trip!

• Like 1

We finally pulled the trigger for January, ended up booking Harmony on Jan 7th for the 8 night Southern.  We’re very excited for Aruba & Curaçao as they’re both new to us.  I know someone here is also on that cruise but can’t remember who?  

• Like 6

I saw, I never thought of that trick.  It makes no sense to me why you can book for four but not three🥴Anyway, we are hoping she is thinking this over while we are trying not to pressure her.  Money wise we were contributing so that isn’t the issue.  Again thanks for all your help and suggestions.❤️

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We have to fill out an ArrivCAN for our cruise to NE/Canada.  My Chromebook wouldn't download for me yesterday while filling in our info, and the app isn't the best.  From what I read somewhere?? Canada will be ending this requirement on the 30th of Sept.  Our cruise starts on the 29th.  Aargh!

Have a great time on your vacay, Crystal and Nate!

Nothing has been set that they are ending it.  Like every policy related to Covid over the past 2 1/2 years Canada simply states " Will be in place until at least XXX" and then they extend it for another 3-6 months.

I hope it ends as well but I don't see it happening.  They just did a away with random testing because of issues at the airports then brought it back a month later.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We finally pulled the trigger for January, ended up booking Harmony on Jan 7th for the 8 night Southern.  We’re very excited for Aruba & Curaçao as they’re both new to us.  I know someone here is also on that cruise but can’t remember who?  

That would be us along with a couple of our friends.  I believe @ReneeFLL is also aboard, and I am not sure if @Ocean Boy is looking at it.

• Like 5

At least once every couple months I ask the Spouse to do the cooking or use a token and carry in something.

I know he is working, but I have been busy non stop too since 6am.

In the past we have enjoyed carry in O'Charleys, Outback, Olive Garden.........................

But today is a gall bladder attack in the making

Original KFC (YUP KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN) mash potatoes, gravy beans and coleslaw.

It actually will taste good going down, but the burping and flatulence later will be gross.

Ok, gotta finish packing, 

Catch you later

Leaving for Cleveland tomorrow and flying Friday.

• Like 6
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

No offense to amyone here but MAYBE it is time for Canada to join the first world countries?

I actually kind of like my country- it’s a little bit unCanadian to say this, but I’m proud of it. 
Most of us consider ourselves a first world country.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

I actually kind of like my country- it’s a little bit unCanadian to say this, but I’m proud of it. 
Most of us consider ourselves a first world country.

I said no offense ment. However, you folks are a bit behind on covid protocols. And I think most people here know how much I love our northern neighbors.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

That would be us along with a couple of our friends.  I believe @ReneeFLL is also aboard, and I am not sure if @Ocean Boy is looking at it.

Jan 7 is a bit too close to after all the Christmas and New Years stuff and time out of the office. I don't think this week will work for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

We are just flying in the day before and staying at Miami Hilton Downtown. Not sure what we will do in the evening. Any restaurants you recommend?

If you were getting in early I was going to recommend riding on the Metromover.   It was free and takes you all around Miami.   We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Brickell.    Catty-corner was a place called Coyo Taco that has great fish tacos.  Not sure I would travel that far for it.

Not far from you is Bayside Marketplace.  We enjoyed going there.  When we were there they had live music going on.  We were there during the day.  Might be worth researching if you are looking for something to do.

My most memorable time was getting to stay a couple extra days.  😆 

• Like 3

Lenny- Wishng a good outcome for Toby’s  surgery tomorrow. I had both eyes done about ten years ago with great results. I went for the cost over a Medicare lenses that did not require glasses for near vision. I said that I had “super”vision. Trouble was, I could see all the cobwebs I had missed before the surgery!🙄

The most difficult part was taking the correct drops at the correct times. But,since Toby is a nurse,she will probably not have difficulty with pre and post op drops.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

What I am afraid of is that she will be sitting home feeling sad.  We will be gone, along with our other daughter and granddaughter.  The more we bring it up, the more she shuts down so we will give her space and hope she changes  her mind while the rooms are open.

Maybe she feels that going on the cruise would be like moving forward without her husband? However, she needs to come to terms with the fact that it is exactly what she will eventually have to do. I hope she is not just using the kids as a reason for why she doesn't want to go.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, molly361 said:

And here I thought it was some secret code or secret handshake thing🤣

I think it's an age thing.  Now if I get more than one thing on my mind it's easy to drift. 😆 It's like when I open the drawer next to the fridge, stand there for a second wondering what I wanted then open the fridge and get a coke.  😆 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7