Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Keeping up with this thread is a whirlwind, especially while traveling. We just completed a 3 week trip from New Jersey to Florida by car with multiple stops and 2 cruises. Explorer of the Seas out of Miami followed immediately by Harmony of the Seas out of Port Canaveral.  We had fun. Best wishes to all of you.

Here are some photos:

Outer Banks, North Carolina

20220718_201758.thumb.jpg.19b031d58e77a5583d93530b7c522d58.jpg

Pompano Beach, Florida, where my parents owned a condo for many years.

20220722_171444.thumb.jpg.c7c51ef7159bc233b35156abf0a8f3a4.jpg

Sunset, Curacao.

20220727_185050.thumb.jpg.9f012426eb7dc5d30e743075da154aa1.jpg

Aruba from ship:

20220728_165654.thumb.jpg.ebf4f81da14ff129aa9d7310bded7f75.jpg

CoCo Cay ..... South Beach.... most people had left to get back on the ship...

30116530164440.thumb.jpeg.141f04aa37f13fe268eff53100ef963a.jpeg

And (yes) a brief stop on the way home at Amelia Island, Florida. 🙂

20220807_202540.thumb.jpg.efe791171c085f4d8123fb9ba6418a02.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Keeping up with this thread is a whirlwind, especially while traveling. We just completed a 3 week trip from New Jersey to Florida by car with multiple stops and 2 cruises. Explorer of the Seas out of Miami followed immediately by Harmony of the Seas out of Port Canaveral.  We had fun. Best wishes to all of you.

Here are some photos:

Outer Banks, North Carolina

20220718_201758.thumb.jpg.19b031d58e77a5583d93530b7c522d58.jpg

Pompano Beach, Florida, where my parents owned a condo for many years.

20220722_171444.thumb.jpg.c7c51ef7159bc233b35156abf0a8f3a4.jpg

Sunset, Curacao.

20220727_185050.thumb.jpg.9f012426eb7dc5d30e743075da154aa1.jpg

Aruba from ship:

20220728_165654.thumb.jpg.ebf4f81da14ff129aa9d7310bded7f75.jpg

CoCo Cay ..... South Beach.... most people had left to get back on the ship...

30116530164440.thumb.jpeg.141f04aa37f13fe268eff53100ef963a.jpeg

And (yes) a brief stop on the way home at Amelia Island, Florida. 🙂

20220807_202540.thumb.jpg.efe791171c085f4d8123fb9ba6418a02.jpg

Covered a lot area in those 3 weeks..........and when you got home it was still as hot as the places you visited, maybe hotter.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, we do occasionally make our own pizza.  I also enjoy making grilled pizza with Naan bread.  Your recipe sounds delish.  Will give it a try.  Thank you!

Yes, I was one of those people that recommended roasting garlic.   I do quite frequently.  Love love love but now that I am back in an office they make not love as much as do.   Maybe it'll keep people out of my office😁

Toby,both of our daughters and my son in law Eric all make pizza😀

• Like 3

6 hours ago, molly361 said:

Yes you can.  My past few cruises have all been in a JS.  Your Setsail just says suite.  They don't know what kind of suite it is when you check in

I printed my setsail pass and luggage tags today and noticed it does not say suite, we have a JS for our Oasis sailing.  ??

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Covered a lot area in those 3 weeks..........and when you got home it was still as hot as the places you visited, maybe hotter.

You are right. As hot or hotter at home.  And if our son had not watered our plants while we were away, they would not have survived.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We have not tried a JS.  We liked the space of a GS and the GS bathroom.   What is it about a Jr Suite that beats a OVB.   Is the bathroom as nice as a GS?  I liked being able to eat breakfast and lunch at CK but not enough to pay a couple grand more for it.  I also liked the Suite deck but I am guessing you miss out on that too in a JS.

The extra space in JS is nice.  Extra wide balcony with double windows is also nice.   Full tub / shower nice!  Dinner at CK.  Walk in closet for most. 

Some JS have full bath with a separate powder room/toilet, depending on ship.  I know Anthem has them.  I think they are J4s vs J3s.

And double points😃

We only get when price is right.  We are mid ship deck 9 for our Oasis sailing.  I tried for deck 8 for easy access to CP but all JS were gone when we booked a couple months ago.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I think this is  the one

Day Location Arrival Departure
Sun, Aug 28, 2022 Cape Liberty, Bayonne, New Jersey -- 4:00 pm
Mon, Aug 29, 2022 Cruising -- --
Tue, Aug 30, 2022 Port Canaveral (Orlando), Florida Port Canaveral (Orlando), Florida 1:00 pm 9:00 pm
Wed, Aug 31, 2022 Perfect Day Cococay, Bahamas 9:00 am 6:00 pm
Thu, Sep 1, 2022 Nassau, Bahamas Nassau, Bahamas 8:00 am 5:00 pm
Fri, Sep 2, 2022 Cruising -- --
Sat, Sep 3, 2022 Cruising -- --
Sun, Sep 4, 2022 Cape Liberty, Bayonne, New Jersey 6:00 am

Yup, that's the one.   We have done this itinerary numerous times but always nice being a 2 hr or less drive to port and trying out Oasis for first time and watching her go under the verazzano bridge with stacks lowered.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I knew all those lines were going to grab your approval.

I was surprised at how many lines were going to the mooring. Usually it's just one.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

When you hear the first whistle, that just means you can get a closer picture. Go for it! also don't let the first whistle back you off. First whistle just  means you can go another 10ft or so.

If some official person comes up to you and starts yelling at you about being whistled at, start doing sign language. 😆

• Haha 13

10 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Okay all my friends.  Our journey has led us to my daughter and kiddies being booked on Oasis!!!!!

You all will never know how much We appreciate your help, support and messages of sympathy that you have given to Us❤️

Marietta... That is fantastic news. So glad the family is going to be together and that everything worked out for getting cabin(s) booked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I printed my setsail pass and luggage tags today and noticed it does not say suite, we have a JS for our Oasis sailing.  ??

Our Setsail passes say Suite for JS on Navigator. That's the important one for us, so we can go in the shorter line. :classic_smile:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

If some official person comes up to you and starts yelling at you about being whistled at, start doing sign language. 😆

Reminds me of my first time in Jamaica back in the 1980s.  As soon as we got off the ship, everyone was swarming us trying to get us to buy jewelry, get our hair braided, etc.  I started speaking French (thank you, high school!) and they all backed off and swarmed someone else b/c they thought I didn't speak English and they wanted an "easy sale".  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Wow!!  Been gone for two days, and playing catch up.  

First of all...  @dani negreanu  Hopefully things have quieted down and you are safe.  Happy to hear that the party was postponed for safety sake.   Also, are you OK with the title change of the thread?  When I first noticed this, I was hopeful that it was at your request.  I'm sorry that it wasn't.

Secondly... I loved everyone's cat pictures.  Makes me miss mine so much, but with all the traveling I am doing right now, not the right time to get another. I'm the weirdo that goes up to people walking their dogs and asking if I can pet them. 😂

@Ourusualbeach I will be in Copenhagen (first time) next month for the Voyager TA.  Love to hear what your "must see" list contains.  LOVE the photos from your hotel!

@DaniDanielleI am so happy to hear that you will all be cruising together.  Enjoy your time on Oasis.

I'm currently on the Navigator OTS for a short 4 day getaway.  I was having cruise withdrawals. 😁 

I do a lot of "like" and "smiley faces", but don't post that often.  This thread is such an important part of my day, thank you @dani negreanu and everyone here.

Stay safe.  Stay well.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

8.28  7 night sailing from cape liberty to bahamas and PC.   I've been on Oasis class before, and your fav Allure, but will be first time on Oasis.😀

I've been on Oasis four times but not since the amping.

• Like 2

I watched BD Med from Monday night last night.   The sacking of Raygan was uneventful, pretty much how she was a bosun.

I feel bad for both Dave and Natasha.   He really should have backed off.  The things he said to her were uncalled for but she also misled him.   She was basically throwing herself at him in the beginning.  

Do we think the new deckhand will be Malia?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

Our Setsail passes say Suite for JS on Navigator. That's the important one for us, so we can go in the shorter line. :classic_smile:

It says sea class on the app but not on the setsail pass I printed from website.   I have to call royal this week so I will ask why.

Edited by Sunshine3601

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It says sea class on the app but not on the setsail pass I printed from website.   I have to call royal this week so I will ask why.

Mine has suite listed under Category on my Set Sail Pass not on luggage tags

Edited by molly361
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I watched BD Med from Monday night last night.   The sacking of Raygan was uneventful, pretty much how she was a bosun.

I feel bad for both Dave and Natasha.   He really should have backed off.  The things he said to her were uncalled for but she also misled him.   She was basically throwing herself at him in the beginning.  

Do we think the new deckhand will be Malia?

I don't think it will be Malia. Storm deserves the chamce to prove himself as bosun and I don't think she would fall back into the role as a deck hand after being a bosun. At least I hope it is not Malia. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

Wow!!  Been gone for two days, and playing catch up.  

First of all...  @dani negreanu  Hopefully things have quieted down and you are safe.  Happy to hear that the party was postponed for safety sake.   Also, are you OK with the title change of the thread?  When I first noticed this, I was hopeful that it was at your request.  I'm sorry that it wasn't.

Secondly... I loved everyone's cat pictures.  Makes me miss mine so much, but with all the traveling I am doing right now, not the right time to get another. I'm the weirdo that goes up to people walking their dogs and asking if I can pet them. 😂

@Ourusualbeach I will be in Copenhagen (first time) next month for the Voyager TA.  Love to hear what your "must see" list contains.  LOVE the photos from your hotel!

@DaniDanielleI am so happy to hear that you will all be cruising together.  Enjoy your time on Oasis.

I'm currently on the Navigator OTS for a short 4 day getaway.  I was having cruise withdrawals. 😁 

I do a lot of "like" and "smiley faces", but don't post that often.  This thread is such an important part of my day, thank you @dani negreanu and everyone here.

Stay safe.  Stay well.

Copenhagen is a wonderful city that we have been to 5 times.

Main tourist attractions:-

Tivoli gardens.

Little Mermaid.

Nyhavn.

Amalienborg Palace.

Stroget a very long shopping street.

Graham.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1