Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

36 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Glad it looks like no surgery for her. 

I’m very sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace. 

The multi quotes throw me off  sometimes.  I get an e mail notification but it condenses it so this is what I see.

Vikki is also glad about no surgery.

image.thumb.png.fab47480c9fd70ab443140049b14efd9.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, maybe a review weekly, but sure as heck not daily.

Sure, why not daily? Or at least several times a week.

Granted, the pictures of Cap Codders or the Mac&Cheese at Chops will get a bit repetitive by day 29 (or maybe day 7 😀) but with so many unique ports that Royal does not typically stop at, I'm sure the review can be kept interesting and fresh.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The multi quotes throw me off  sometimes.  I get an e mail notification but it condenses it so this is what I see.

Well that’s terrible and surely causes some confusion!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

I agree. Did that itinerary in January, and it was SO annoying.  So much easier to just tell everyone EVERY DAY to "remain on ship time" than to change four times in seven days!

I just turn my phone to Manual Settings when I cruise, so I never have to worry about it picking up a rogue time zone.  Why not publish info on how to do that instead of doing all the back-and-forth crap?

We make it even easier. John wears a Timex. Never fails.

• Like 4

On 9/30/2022 at 12:12 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

I have had the same thoughts but reminding myself that storms like this don't happen all the time and the safest place to be is on a cruise ship since they know how to detour and avoid.   And a bonus couple extra days at sea sound great to me should something happen😃

🤞I guess it's the slight worry about airports closing and flights cancelled, we'll see. I'm not even sure if RC would allow us to switch deposit to another cruise 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Go Braves 😁

Gotta love the national exposure.

It wasn't that long ago that the dream was the 2 New York teams would meet in the World Series, aka The Subway Series.  (Fun fact: the 2 stadiums are not on the same subway line. You have to go out of the way to transfer at Grand Central Station).

Now it's a dream if either team can make it that deep into the playoffs. 😟

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Sorry, I have a twisted mind but I found that email to be hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

My Daughter-in-law was a professor at UB when they were living in Williamsville. We always enjoyed great Muffaletos from Marco’s Italian Deli, and that was our Go to sandwich when we visited them.  

I just pulled up Marco’s menu, and it looks like they no longer have them on the menu.  Too bad, because it would be worth the trip to have one again.  

A son of one of my friends went to UB for undergrad and grad and is now a Professor at a college in Buffalo.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We just talked to our neighbors. No significant damage from Ian in our area. Just some small debris scattered around from the winds. We got lucky. 

Our little part of Florida, and nearby SE Georgia, has generally had good luck with hurricanes. If you look on a map, you’ll see that the Florida Atlantic coast runs a little west as it goes north, and the coast veers back to the east as it continues up in Georgia. We’re the furthest West Point on the east coast and hurricanes seem to “bounce” out to sea around us. Or at least that’s what I’m told by the locals near us. 

Northeast Florida is straight south of Pittsburgh!
Hurricanes coming up the coast zoom by far out enough out to miss the coast till at least Hilton Head. 
Dora found us in 1964 when she came straight in from the Atlantic and came ashore in St Augustine. 

The Jacksonville beaches lost a few houses and we lost power for 7 1/2 long days and nights. 
iI don’t think even then that the Amelia Island area got much damage. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

It wasn't that long ago that the dream was the 2 New York teams would meet in the World Series, aka The Subway Series.  (Fun fact: the 2 stadiums are not on the same subway line. You have to go out of the way to transfer at Grand Central Station).

Now it's a dream if either team can make it that deep into the playoffs. 😟

I predict a Mets- Yankees World Series.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, singinalot said:

have any of you parked at the Port of Miami before? wondering how easy it is to find the garage for terminal A

We parked there for a B2B in January, and it was easy to get to.  The problem was, they didn’t open the garage to let you start parking there until noon, if I recall.  I don’t know if that is the way it normally is.  We had to drive around in circles till we could park.   

We also encountered a problem with their app to pay for parking after the cruise.  It was going to charge for the equivalent of 5 weeks or so, so I just took the ticket to the exit lane.  There, the ticket registered for only one week instead of two, so who knows what goes on with their system. 

After quickly skimming through many, many posts checking up on everyone in Ian's path, I'm so relieved to read that all of our CC friends on here have fared pretty well as far as damage to homes, condos and cars, etc.  From what I've been able to find out, my community in Naples has lots of debris which is in the process of being cleaned up, roofs and AC on our roofs are being checked, and FPL is hoping to assess when they feel our Collier County would again regain electric.

Bon Voyage to all going on their cruises.

• Like 11