Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

25 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Our new favorite bartenders at Vintages.  This trio has a lot of fun and make some excellent cocktails

20221210_194539.thumb.jpg.f3d1e534b9b6a49bb546a91d1d535908.jpg

Connecting with some bartenders makes the experience so much better than just obtaining a drink. I hope I am able to connect again on Odyssey like I did on my last two Allure cruises.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

From Santa Suit to Tuxedo. Wedding last night for Linda's niece. Nice to have son Jonathan with us. Not sure I care for the beard but he is entitled to experiment.

Very handsome!! 

How did your folks react when you grew a mustache? 😁 Andrew says he can’t wait to grow a beard and I might cry a little.

• Like 5

My daughter is a travel nurse and starts a new contract on Jan 2. She will be in Palo Alto CA at Stanford Medical and there aren't very many Airbnb close to the hospital. Can any recommend any nice, safe cities that are near there? She doesn't have a car so she will be using Uber. Thanks!

• Like 1

Haven't been able to keep up with this thread the past few days.  

My sincere condolences to @HBE4 and @LucasLikesToCruise on your recent losses.  I hope you know that you are valued members of this "framily" and we're here if you ever need us.

I'm glad to see that the lighthouse ornament and the Christmas cookies didn't result in anyone else having to play Monopoly.  

Given all the discussion of Christmas decorations, I have to share this:

319155629_10159150825141905_854077544610147969_n.jpg.6ce80beb04f8df3a1b9c6613e89f2515.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 16

38 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

My daughter is a travel nurse and starts a new contract on Jan 2. She will be in Palo Alto CA at Stanford Medical and there aren't very many Airbnb close to the hospital. Can any recommend any nice, safe cities that are near there? She doesn't have a car so she will be using Uber. Thanks!

Menlo Park, Fair Oaks. East Palo Alto has a reputation as unsafe; it may have improved some the last few years. Still not really a nice city in some parts. We've only ever driven through, never stayed over there, so I wouldn't know for sure. Maybe tag Helen, @FromSea2ShiningSea. She lives on that side of the Bay. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Sea Dogall 3 of you look fantastic.   Our Son Chris is also trying out a beard.  His new Wife isn't sure she likes it yet.  Will be interesting to see how long he keeps it.  Johnathan is a very handsome young man.

Thank you Debbie. I remember when I was Jonathan's age I grew a beard to try it. It never filled in well enough to keep it. I did keep the mustache. I think I've had a mustache ever since I was in my early 20's.

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is the only size meatballs I knew growing up. I had no idea there was any other size.

There is a very popular Italian restaurant in Kansas City called "Garozo's" and their meatballs are the size of tennis balls. I just adopted that size. 

072E4FBF-292D-4F70-B04E-B69AF324B8E2_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.0b6269401786136f642156a4d6f05051.jpeg

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Very handsome!! 

How did your folks react when you grew a mustache? 😁 Andrew says he can’t wait to grow a beard and I might cry a little.

To be honest I don't remember. I don't think my mom was a fan. I had the mustache since my early 20's. I have thought about shaving it off but I'm so used to having it I think I might look weird without it.

18 minutes ago, brillohead said:

And these are a couple days old (from St. Thomas, Celebrity Constellation), but better late than never, right Greg / @Sea Dog?

IMG_20221208_135336956_HDR.thumb.jpg.9488a765f310db2196f516c19e286377.jpg

IMG_20221208_135143083_HDR.thumb.jpg.5063f2484026f10348e380979fa13f25.jpg

IMG_20221208_135154051_HDR.thumb.jpg.bacef1dcfc8b056424b2f1ea085f688a.jpg

Winner Winner. Love these especially the last one. I love the extreme closeups where you can see the detail in the ropes.

• Like 9

A Kraken Rum Virgin I am, no more!!

Of course, I was half the way thru my 3rd Egg Nog before taking a picture. 

EDIT: that fuzzy blur at the bottom is part of Leonard as he tried to photo bomb. 

20221211_220517.thumb.jpg.fd7570f4dd5c26069c627b1095683eb2.jpg

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 4
  • Haha 15

9 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

EDIT: that fuzzy blur at the bottom is part of Leonard as he tried to photo bomb. 

I think we need a clear, updated photo of Leonard. 😻

• Like 5

I tried to get Leonard to come outside & play in the snow for some pics but my Texas-imported feline would not have anything to do with snow or the 28 degree (feels like 23) weather. 

So instead, here he is waiting for the bathtub to fill up with water.  Don't cats hate water? 

20221016_170102.thumb.jpg.368ef606b3fae96e0409484558e6c75e.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Menlo Park, Fair Oaks. East Palo Alto has a reputation as unsafe; it may have improved some the last few years. Still not really a nice city in some parts. We've only ever driven through, never stayed over there, so I wouldn't know for sure. Maybe tag Helen, @FromSea2ShiningSea. She lives on that side of the Bay. 

Thanks!  I guess the cities you mentioned haven't changed since we lived there 30 years ago. I'll tag Helen but is seems like she is going to pay a lot to be somewhere nice, safe and close.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

Thanks!  I guess the cities you mentioned haven't changed since we lived there 30 years ago. I'll tag Helen but is seems like she is going to pay a lot to be somewhere nice, safe and close.

Depending on her schedule. Stanford also has free shuttle buses from the East Bay over to the campus and medical center. Just a thought. https://transportation.stanford.edu/marguerite/eb And people she works with might have other suggestions, once she arrives. ☺️ Housing here is really expensive. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Welcome to the Kraken Klub.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

When my son and his wife did their Post-docs at Stanford, they had an apartment in Sunnyvale, not far from the Caltrain station.   From what I recall, that wasn’t a bad area.  I know housing is very expensive in that area.  She could expand her search, if she looks at areas that have train service.  That is probably less than Uber.  I think the train from Sunnyvale to Stanford is around $3-$4 for a 20 minute ride.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

I'm not sure if this site is any better than airbnb but try vrbo.com 

Just now, aussielozzie18 said:

@grapau27 Graham all the best for your procedure & post procedure healing.

Thank you @aussielozzie18for your kind words 

I had my operation just over 2 hours ago at 10.45am UK time.

It is -2°C here and I had 4 inches of snow to clear off my car at 07.00am when I took Pauline to work.

• Like 12

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I tried to get Leonard to come outside & play in the snow for some pics but my Texas-imported feline would not have anything to do with snow or the 28 degree (feels like 23) weather. 

So instead, here he is waiting for the bathtub to fill up with water.  Don't cats hate water? 

20221016_170102.thumb.jpg.368ef606b3fae96e0409484558e6c75e.jpg

He is so nice and fluffy.  Does he play with the water when the tub is full or just watch?

• Like 1