Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, jagsfan said:

If you are a AAA member, there’s no charge for the maps or the routing.  
I went to the beach office to get mine, and the girl (woman?) did the Triptik and handed me the maps. She did not highlight the route, which is something that has always been done before. 
I think I was disturbing her lazy afternoon. 
That office is on A1A in Ponte Vedra just north of 210. 
There’s one on Southside Blvd (SR 115) south of Beach Blvd (US 90). 
If you go to a local AAA office, you can ask for any maps, like if Jax, if you come for a taste of the city 😄

None are open on weekends. 
Iv you come to Southside Blvd, lunch at Terra Gaucha which is in the area, is wonderful. Brazilian Steak House. 

After searching the aaa.com site, I found where you can make your own Trip Tik's  no matter if you are a member or not you can print your own on your own printer you just don't get it in a spiral binder. 😞

Here is the link  https://triptik.aaa.com/home/

Put in your starting point and then your destination. Then click GET DIRECTIONS

Once that page open, click on the Menu/ 3 lines in the upper left hand corner of the page.

Once that page opens click PRINT OPTIONS

Then click the Red Box that says CREATE PRINT OPTIONS

Take about 10 seconds to load the pages in a PDF file for you to then print off.

Really easy, try it.......

Just remember, you can move the route around a little bit on your own if you want to go your own way  in the beginning before you get to the printing part., you don't always have to take the shortest quicker route in case you rather hit some favorite areas you want to travel through.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

45 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

After searching the aaa.com site, I found where you can make your own Trip Tik's  no matter if you are a member or not you can print your own on your own printer you just don't get it in a spiral binder. 😞

Here is the link  https://triptik.aaa.com/home/

Put in your starting point and then your destination. Then click GET DIRECTIONS

Once that page open, click on the Menu/ 3 lines in the upper left hand corner of the page.

Once that page opens click PRINT OPTIONS

Then click the Red Box that says CREATE PRINT OPTIONS

Take about 10 seconds to load the pages in a PDF file for you to then print off.

Really easy, try it.......

Just remember, you can move the route around a little bit on your own if you want to go your own way  in the beginning before you get to the printing part., you don't always have to take the shortest quicker route in case you rather hit some favorite areas you want to travel through.

Jumbo, I forgot who I was replying to and gave you info on AAA in Jacksonville. 
That would have been a little out of your way. 😄

The triptik if it is exactly like the one the office prints, will have a turn by list as well as the route on pages and pages of map sections. 
I prefer the turn by turn list, myself. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Jumbo, I forgot who I was replying to and gave you info on AAA in Jacksonville. 
That would have been a little out of your way. 😄

The triptik if it is exactly like the one the office prints, will have a turn by list as well as the route on pages and pages of map sections. 
I prefer the turn by turn list, myself. 

Will work fine for us. We will be coming from a hotel in Horsham Pa

We will catch Interstate 276 West ,drive for 2 hours straight to Interstate  81 South.....then 5 hours straight  through on 81 and we are home in Southwest Virginia.

Not many turns at all for us.

Edited by Jimbo

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

It looks delish!

That was our grandson’s pregame meal request to have filets, potatoes and corn.

His baseball team continued their undefeated season, and are now at 8-0 with another mercy rule win.  He pitched the first two innings and had six strikeouts.   He is enjoying his season.

• Like 10

12 hours ago, NHProud said:

The whole month of May has been cloudy and mostly in the 60°.  Be forewarned Bob . Not beach weather at the hotel Del Coronado. 

Ah yes...June gloom.  You have a very good memory.  Better than me, because I don't even remember telling that story. 😀

Trying to catch up a little before a busy weekend coming up. 
@Sea Dog I hope your internet issues are resolved or will be soon. That has to be so frustrating. 
@Arzeena best wishes to you and RJ in your new home. May you have many many happy years there. 
Congrats to the athletes, Owen @A&L_Ont and @h20skibum grandson on their winning seasons.  
@George C have a great trip to NY, Weather in the Northeast looks spectacular for the next several days. 
@jmh2006 enjoy your visit to Baton Rouge and safe travels!

We have our granite being installed today on the new island and then it’s complete.  
Andy opened the pool earlier this week, just in time for a stretch of really nice weather coming up.  (I expect to see some beach pics @Ocean Boy)
I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend whatever your plans are!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

23 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm so happy you made it there without huge incidents. Your furniture wasnt broken and arrived early intact. I will be so happy to just grt there like you. I'm just glad you can relax now and work on the house at your own pace. Awesome.

Thank you. I hope you will make it there soon too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Trying to catch up a little before a busy weekend coming up. 
@Sea Dog I hope your internet issues are resolved or will be soon. That has to be so frustrating. 
@Arzeena

It came back on its own 30 minutes before the tech showed up. He tested everything and said the router is fine. I asked why it took more than 24 hours for it to come back on? He replied he doesn’t know. He suggested next time to unplug router and let it set for 30 minutes before turning back on so if it happens again I guess we will try that. I’m just glad we finally have the internet and tv back.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Woof woof!😄

I just watched the vote (only the vote) as Lisa watched it on replay.  She was like, No, No, No.

Mean while we should all be asking a specific dog about lotto numbers.

Lenny, give that pup a chin rub.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

Just had lunch overlooking the North Sea.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

IMG_20230525_134140.jpg

Good afternoon, Graham!  Have a pleasant day!  You must be close to the beach.  Nothing like enjoying your day being near the water.

Chilly and breezy here once again today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1