Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 minutes ago, George C said:

We replaced our Bosch with a new Bosch because my wife wanted new appliances with new kitchen, mistake was we went with three drawer , two drawer was a better option for fitting things.

Try raising the second shelf to allow higher things on the bottom shelf.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, akcruz said:

We ended with a  Kitchen Aid, so far loving it.

ditto on this, love ours too (and the two that preceded it  over 30+ years, both of them left behind when we sold the house/lakehouse in which they were installed)

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Try raising the second shelf to allow higher things on the bottom shelf.

Our current KitchenAid has 3 shelves, and we did exactly what @Jimbo suggests, raising the 2nd shelf so our larger dinner plates fit & now we like the 3 shelves since we made the adjustment.

Sea Dog - best of luck with the knee issues, get better soon!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

You have a wonderful step-daughter who loves you very much.

I've known her since she was 4 and married her mother when she was 12. She's now 40 so yeah, she'll introduce me as her step father but then tell people she considers me to be her "real" dad vs her biological dad.  Warms my heart every time I hear it. Her relationship with biological dad is a bit complicated.  Let's just say he has a lot of demons, was distant (emotionally as well as geographically) and wasn't the most reliable person.

She also says that when it came to picking a 2nd husband, her mom choice well! 😅  While I consider it a complement, I wonder that the menu selection was like? 🤣🤣

okay, enough patting myself on the back.

• Like 16

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Continuing knee saga. Well the right knee is good now the left knee is toast. I have already had a hyaluronic acid injection (gel that helps lubricate joint) and an Cortisone injection. I was doing pretty good until last week when my left knee just blew up. I can't walk very well or even bend it very far. I'm off in a few minutes to get an MRI to send to my brother (doctor who pioneered the use of ultra sound to diagnose sports injuries) and his friend the doctor who gave me the injections. I'm leaning towards getting a Bone Marrow stem cell transplant instead of a another total knee replacement. The only problem insurance will not cover it. Average cost is $5-8K. Luckily my brother said he will do it at cost. I really need something to work as we have cruises in October and next April. I need a good working knee. Now if only we can get Linda's back problems better. Thanks for listening to me rant.

I'm so sorry Greg.  I feel your pain!  I did one of those Cortisone injections and got relief for 6 weeks.  After that the pain was back with a vengeance.  I'll be interested to hear how the bone marrow stem cell transplant turns out for you.

Thoughts and prayers/

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks.  We have so many that wants to help in some way.  Since learning what we are going through we have had so many reach out in so many ways.  We have received at least 2 meals a week.  After that feast Saturday we were given poppy seed chicken Sunday afternoon.  Several has brought desserts, milkshakes, icecream etc.  We have had men over working on the house

We had a ramp sent to us, we are having our master bathroom remodeled so we have a walk in bathroom and some guys are going to demo it before the tile company works on it.  So much love pouring in.  So thankful. 

I almost missed this post. In fact, I did miss it until I saw the quoted replies.

Beautiful, wonderful story. It's a blessing to live in such a community. In a world where bad news thrives, its great to be reminded of all the caring, loving people out there. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm so sorry Greg.  I feel your pain!  I did one of those Cortisone injections and got relief for 6 weeks.  After that the pain was back with a vengeance.  I'll be interested to hear how the bone marrow stem cell transplant turns out for you.

Thoughts and prayers/

My doctor brother says that can be the problem with cortisone and steroid injections. They help for awhile but can actually make the arthritis worse. I think that’s what is happening to me. I’ll keep you posted.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

okay, enough patting myself on the back.

Here's a pat on the back HBE4 - you deserve it.  

15 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

While I consider it a complement, I wonder that the menu selection was like? 🤣🤣

I live in a somewhat similar situation as you, and have found it best just not to think about it 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Greg. I literally and physically can feel your pain.  I was not able to walk for 3 months due to cold weather and plus I twisted my knee. Treatment —rest. 
Then in June it felt better. Of course on the cruise I some how hurt my hip. 
Just last week again after hit or miss weeks I am staying at 2 miles a day after my pill of Iuprofen ( Motrin). 

In regards to MRI. 
Between the noise and setup many get uncomfortable. 
Part of my clinical rotation when I did anesthesia was sedation for MRI. Not to go to sleep. But sedation. 
Depending on a persons health history age, weight, smoking history alcohol consumption as well as recreational drugs decided on amount of sedation needed. 
Because of the room/  machine setup our facility will not provide a general nor do children. That requires a special anesthesia machine and the risk of complications are too great. 
It is amazing what Versed in adequate dose with supplemental oxygen blowing over the face. And safety equipment BP cuff, Oximeter to measure oxygen level. CO2 monitors to measure breathing will get 95% of the population safely thru the procedure. 
Versed is a great drug can cause amnesia. Some people will snooze and tell others they had a general. Not true. Bad PR. Cause then we get. “ my friend had a general”. They didn’t. It was versed amnesia. 

The other 5% are so overwhelmed at the thought of it nothing will help them. In fact when a person says “ I’m going to have a general or I’m not having it done”. 
We try to encourage them  to let us help them. Often No can do. So they leave without getting it done so they don’t get the results for their doctor. 

That kinda sums it up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Good luck with your knee, Greg.  I sure hope the stem cell therapy works.  It's awful how expensive the stem cell therapy is.  I hope Linda's back pain subsides soon.  I can surely relate! 

What a wonderful, sharing, Church Community you and your family are a part of.  ❤️

🤞

I hate it when I read back one of my posts, notice a few grammar errors, go back to edit and correct them all and when I hit the SAVE button, it tells me its too late!  I mean, if its too late, then take away the EDIT button.

Don't make me do all that work of correcting my post and hope people didn't  notice before telling me it's too late. 😅

• Like 17

1 hour ago, maggieq said:

Thanks for your feedback.  Kitchen aid was on the top of my list until a friend mentioned she just bought a Bosch during her home renovation and loves it.   We had a very good kenmore dishwasher  20 years ago and worked terrific.  We then got a ge and it was awful and ended up useless.   We still have our kenmore refrigerator, ge stove and microwave for just over 20 years so I guess we have been lucky with them.  Would like the new ones to match up but not sure on what to do.  

We are just purchasing inexpensive, matching stainless refrigerator/microwave/stove-oven because we are selling the house. New owners can sell them and replace with whatever they wish. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I hate it when I read back one of my posts, notice a few grammar errors, go back to edit and correct them all and when I hit the SAVE button, it tells me its too late!  I mean, if its too late, then take away the EDIT button.

Don't make me do all that work of correcting my post and hope people didn't  notice before telling me it's too late. 😅

No worries, I think most of us have done the same. I know I have!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had the opportunity of walking Miss Zoey today the first time she sat sitting forward. So instead of talking about squirrels, we —I talked about what we saw. 

IMG_1351.thumb.jpeg.b1a4eb5d7efe1b85101791fdb5ca48f1.jpeg

To start the neighborhood has an ongoing tribute to our country thru display of flags. So we stopped and talked about the Stars and Stripes. And I shared with her that both of her great grandfathers served the country, my father was drafted and was honorably discharged  from WW2, my husbands father was an Air Force academy graduate and never made it home from Vietnam. 

IMG_1354.thumb.jpeg.6dfd1e1ede53da3efb01c8d2e93b7635.jpeg

The area near their house has a large population of Asian residents whose children go to Miami of Ohio (University). 
The whole family moved in and some apartments have 6-10 family’s in a 2-3 bedroom apartment. . Few have cars. They leave their Kroger buggies everywhere. Kroger has the night shift comb the area and return to the store. 

IMG_1352.thumb.jpeg.c3256307a09cab018c70d5e69da6c115.jpeg

Now  some people are just litter bugs. 

Straws

IMG_1358.thumb.jpeg.9c54f9b7ee006bfbca197d2c99a81e4e.jpeg

Cigarette packs 

IMG_1357.thumb.jpeg.ce5963f94344b8ddb818368234a63d0e.jpeg

Kroger receipt 

IMG_1355.thumb.jpeg.c793f347d48392ec8b5da55e965d10f5.jpeg

Store bag 

IMG_1353.thumb.jpeg.c5ab4e242d46ee6ecd7b70765f975578.jpeg

Dog outhouse 

IMG_1356.thumb.jpeg.2b5879c1de93ac3216282235927173ae.jpeg

Now too many piles of dog remnants. Picture not necessary. BIG DOG..  Owners to lazy to pick up. 

Tomorrow we attack the park. Beautiful, shaded. I was able to walk 2 1/2 miles. 

Hopefully the scenery will be more of beautiful nature. 

Be safe. 

• Like 19

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

IMG_4202.mov 60.13 MB · 3 downloads  Busy playing catch up.  Boarded the Emerald Princess on Sat. for a Pacific Coastal cruise.  Spent yesterday in SF with my brother, niece and NIL. Fabulous day!

Hopefully this video of going under the GG Bridge works.

Beautiful! And awesome. It looks like they have most of the jumper nets almost completed. That project should have been done a very long time ago. The weather was nice yesterday, but it's been very windy. Have fun on your cruise! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess I'm the odd man out. I've had my Samsung refrigerator for over 10 years now & it's running strong.Bottom freezer, french doors. Does everything it's supposed to do.  Keeps cold things cold and frozen things frozen. Cool LED lighting on the inside and my favorite feature - a gentle chime if the doors are open to long.  But probably all refrigerators do that today.

Okay, so one thing didn't work. The ice maker & water dispenser never worked from day one. I was told that it was because of weak water pressure in the kitchen. Funny, the Kitchen sink and dishwasher don't have that problem and more importantly, the ice maker in the prior refrigerator never had a problem either.  The water dispenser is in the inside of the refrigerator, not on the door, so I don't know if that makes a difference.   I supposed I could have sent it back but since we had plenty of plastic ice trays and use a Brita filter water pitcher, it never was important to me.

Now, a few years ago when I needed to replace my washer & dryer, I was checking out Samsung since I was happy with the refrigerator. The reviews were horrible. Broke down often, expensive to repair. About that time, 2 of my Samsung TV's died after less than 4 years. So I went with Maytag. The salesman at the appliance store told me it's best to stick with "traditional" appliance makers and not TV/Smart Phone/Electronics manufactures trying to get into the appliance business.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

My doctor brother says that can be the problem with cortisone and steroid injections. They help for awhile but can actually make the arthritis worse. I think that’s what is happening to me. I’ll keep you posted.

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with your other knee so soon after the first one was replaced.  Fingers crossed the stem cell treatment is the way to go.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm already subscribed.  I thought I would be notified when you post a new video?

Pastrami on rye at Katz's deli is now $25.95.  A can of soda is $2.95.

I never went to Katz’ Deli.The last time I was in a Kosher Deli,it was $10.50 for a sandwich and $2.75 for a can of soda.

2 hours ago, taznremmy said:

IMG_4202.mov 60.13 MB · 5 downloads  Busy playing catch up.  Boarded the Emerald Princess on Sat. for a Pacific Coastal cruise.  Spent yesterday in SF with my brother, niece and NIL. Fabulous day!

Hopefully this video of going under the GG Bridge works.

Video worked for me.   Beautiful view.   Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Mimi I would ask for music. It doesn’t drown out all the noise but it can help. Also see if they have any larger MRI or open air. Either way I would tell them you may be claustrophobic. I had no idea it would affect me like it did.

I have had 12 Stand Up MRI’s over the past few years.Actually they are seated .

• Like 1