Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Today is the first step to the treatment of the throat cancer.  I have a 900 AM appointment with the nuclear Dr, and see what his plan for the radiation treatment is. Then at 1100 AM is the oncologist, I assume the plan for the chemo.

He had said before this would take 6 weeks, once a week. Then would insert an IV every time, rather than a port.  Side effects should just be some tiredness and maybe some nausea, and there should not be any hair loss. 

The only issue I have been having happens when I am eating, food gets stuck in the  back of my throat, so I drink something  when that happens and everything is fine. 

Prayers 🙏 and best wishes for a successful treatment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

Today is the first step to the treatment of the throat cancer.  I have a 900 AM appointment with the nuclear Dr, and see what his plan for the radiation treatment is. Then at 1100 AM is the oncologist, I assume the plan for the chemo.

He had said before this would take 6 weeks, once a week. Then would insert an IV every time, rather than a port.  Side effects should just be some tiredness and maybe some nausea, and there should not be any hair loss. 

The only issue I have been having happens when I am eating, food gets stuck in the  back of my throat, so I drink something  when that happens and everything is fine. 

Best of luck with your treatment.  I guess it's good news that they won't put in a port.  To me, it would mean that they are planning on 6 IVs and then done.  One of the biggest advances made in chemo the last several years is the ability to manage nausea. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

Like the others here, wishing you all the best during the treatments. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Sharing my wishes for a safe recovery.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ocean House on the right, my dear friend's house on the left... and it is now raining again.....

BTW, my dear friend is asking more for her house than what the Ocean House sold for the last time it was on the narket.

20230704_135248.thumb.jpg.e9d56c8d848dd49dc66c865c2439c3d4.jpg

Our city lighthouse leading in to the port of Sunderland.

IMG_20230705_141457.jpg

• Like 14

We had a great Fourth of July party at our club last night.  We had some thunder late afternoon but never saw any rain and the evening stayed dry, although warm in the upper 80s.  The estimate that I heard was 1200 people attending, ranging from older grandparents to little kids.  Live band, great food, and an open bar made for a fun environment.

The fireworks show was fantastic...choregraphed to patriotic music (except for the verses of Born in the USA, but I digress).  WARNING...almost 6 minutes of fireworks incoming.

• Like 16

15 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I am really annoyed with her doctor.  

I would be annoyed too. The right diagnosis should be known, not based on what "others have done". Isn't there a way to do a Lyme test privately?

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Best of luck with your treatment.  I guess it's good news that they won't put in a port.  To me, it would mean that they are planning on 6 IVs and then done.  One of the biggest advances made in chemo the last several years is the ability to manage nausea. 

+ 1 @mo&fran

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Wishing you the best during this treatment. My good friend had throat cancer and did very good during treatment. He did lose his sense of taste for awhile but it’s now back and he is doing great. You can do this!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

I would be annoyed too. The right diagnosis should be known, not based on what "others have done". Isn't there a way to do a Lyme test privately?

We will see what she finds out on Friday.  

The good thing is, she says she feels like herself today.   I keep telling her to not push it, and take it easy.  

She is going to go with me and the grandkids, as we get some lunch then relax on the boat in the sun this afternoon.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's Great!  Sounds like you had a nice time 😊

We did .I had great conversations including a cruise conversation.One of the couples just booked their first ever Celebrity cruise on the Eclipse .I have been on several Celebrity ships,not the Eclipse but we discussed cruising and I recommend them to CC.

• Like 3

TSOTD is from Breezy Point,NY.We have been there many times especially in a time where I could drink alcohol without restrictions.

We have friends living there.The husband of the couple is referred to by residents as being the “Mayor” of Breezy Point.

It is a gaited community.Whenever we were there and told a Security Guard that we were there to visit Jimmy…….we were welcomed warmly.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Wishing you the best during this treatment. My good friend had throat cancer and did very good during treatment. He did lose his sense of taste for awhile but it’s now back and he is doing great. You can do this!

I have a friend who I have known since I was 4 years old.He had throat cancer last year,made a complete recovery and to celebrate he is coming to the east coast to visit me and a friend of his in NJ.

• Like 8

@mo&fran

Add me to the prayer group. 

My brother  went through radiation for a different type of cancer. 

I will never forget the radiation doctors words of wisdom. 

“I do not want you to count the days, but rather the weeks”. 
For my brother he had 35 treatments. 
He counted the days as 7 weeks. 

I do t know how but it worked on helping him let the time move fast. 

Best of luck 

and

Continued prayers. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

@mo&fran

Add me to the prayer group. 

My brother  went through radiation for a different type of cancer. 

I will never forget the radiation doctors words of wisdom. 

“I do not want you to count the days, but rather the weeks”. 
For my brother he had 35 treatments. 
He counted the days as 7 weeks. 

I do t know how but it worked on helping him let the time move fast. 

Best of luck 

and

Continued prayers. 

We had a nice party yesterday except nobody except me got in the pool, since my wife at 62 was youngest there , most of conversation was upbeat but we had conversations about radiation, cancer and one of the woman had dementia, she told that to everyone. Another one could barely walk luckily she wasn’t driving, I am sure she had an epic hangover today . 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We will see what she finds out on Friday.  

The good thing is, she says she feels like herself today.   I keep telling her to not push it, and take it easy.  

She is going to go with me and the grandkids, as we get some lunch then relax on the boat in the sun this afternoon.  

Glad to hear she’s starting to feel better.  

• Like 3

The out-of-town camping trip was a success.  I would say Stevie’s fireworks anxiety was cut in half at least.  She had a great time and didn’t want to leave this morning to go back home…she made us take one last walk.

IMG_6058.thumb.jpeg.5e7357af28538bd0da30c6f2e9db78f1.jpeg

• Like 25