Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Oh the joys of getting older and having back pain!!  I noticed on our most recent cruise that I had no back pain at all.  I was trying to think what do I do at home that I’m not doing onboard (well, other than drink less…)  I finally came up with cleaning the cat litter boxes several times a day at home.  So I bought a long handled scoop and now when cleaning I bend my knees and use the long scoop and it really makes a world of difference!!  I’m trying to remember in general to bend at the knees instead of the waist.

• Like 11

52 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Oh the joys of getting older and having back pain!!  I noticed on our most recent cruise that I had no back pain at all.  I was trying to think what do I do at home that I’m not doing onboard (well, other than drink less…)  I finally came up with cleaning the cat litter boxes several times a day at home.  So I bought a long handled scoop and now when cleaning I bend my knees and use the long scoop and it really makes a world of difference!!  I’m trying to remember in general to bend at the knees instead of the waist.

I never had pain in the 19 years that I cleaned litter boxes.My pains began when I retired and moved to the burbs .

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Jimbo Happy Birthday, Donna!

@bobmacliberty Swift recovery to Micheline!

@Sea Dog Hope Linda's hand recovery is going well!

Healing prayers and hugs to those in need.

38 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I second the above

@Jimbo    @bobmacliberty   @Sea Dog

Let me be the 3rd to second the above 🌺

• Like 7

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Sea Dog Hope Linda's hand recovery is going well!

Healing prayers and hugs to those in need.

She doing pretty good. More sore than stabbing pain. Weaning off the more powerful pain meds in favor of Tylenol.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

My friends and me were very happy to celebrate the end of chemo treatments of our dear friend (with the blond short hair).

She was even more happy to get rid of the dreaded and very hot hair piece.

image.thumb.jpeg.512b7194d3b6aa8ca5c08481987d10eb.jpeg

Congratulations to your friend on the end of her chemo treatments.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Congratulations to your friend on the end of her chemo treatments.  

Thank you, Mark, I'll forward it.

Just let me add this: the "gal" had polio in the early '50, walking with a slight limp. The army gave her an exempt, but she volunteered. Then, some 8 years ago, the polio was back with a vengeance, and she's moving now with a electric rollator.

And, since she didn't have "enough" .... 7 months ago ... breast cancer, with a HER.

All through this period, she was cheerful and optimistic, saying to us, her friends, that all will be OK.

When given the all clear, the doctors, unanimously, told her that her disposition and positive approach to her disease were a huge part in her recovery, as they were just doing their "work".

She's always putting a smile on my face. You should hear her telling us her conversations with her Argentinian born physician, with his distinctive accent. We were LOLing 😄

Wishing you dear daughter the very same result 🌹

• Like 25

46 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

My friends and me were very happy to celebrate the end of chemo treatments of our dear friend (with the blond short hair).

Lovely photo Dani @dani negreanu.

Congratulations to your friend after her chemo treatment.

Prayers 🙏 it was a total success.

04058601ea471318cb30db3eac024952.gif

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Just let me add this: the "gal" had polio in the early '50, walking with a slight limp. The army gave her an exempt, but she volunteered. Then, some 8 years ago, the polio was back with a vengeance, and she's moving now with a electric rollator.

And, since she didn't have "enough" .... 7 months ago ... breast cancer, with a HER.

All through this period, she was cheerful and optimistic, saying to us, her friends, that all will be OK.

When given the all clear, the doctors, unanimously, told her that her disposition and positive approach to her disease were a huge part in her recovery, as they were just doing their "work".

She's always putting a smile on my face. You should hear her telling us her conversations with her Argentinian born physician, with his distinctive accent. We were LOLing 😄

What an inspiring story. Thank you for sharing. You look great!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

I'll add my congrats also.  Being done with chemo is a huge milestone and a great reason to celebrate.  From close personal experience with 2 family members, I agree 1000% that a positive attitude makes a big difference.  I don't know how that actually works within the brain/body, but it definitely does.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Beautiful group of ladies to celebrate your friend finishing her chemo treatments.   She sounds like an incredible lady.  Refuah Shleima for a long and healthy life!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I haven't been here in several days and I've missed a lot.  I hope everyone is doing well, and hugs to those who need it. 

Micheline decided to fix her ongoing off and on back pain problem.  You may recall that she was flat on her back for a few days during our big trip last fall.  That was starting to happen more frequently, and she was being very careful (almost) every time that she bent and twisted.  She hit a great tee shot on the 6th hole a couple of weeks ago, and in her excitement, bent over quickly to pick up the tee.  Boom...done for the day (actually a few days).  No fun constantly being concerned if/when it might come back. 

Yesterday, she had L4/L5 microdiscectomy surgery.  I'm not a doctor, but this essentially removed the part of the herniated L4/L5 disc that was pressing on nerves and causing the problem.  She had a little more pain than expected after the surgery and some nausea issues coming out of general anesthesia but she's feeling better now.  She's able to walk around and any pain is being managed by Percocet (Oxycodone plus acetominophen).  That should hopefully only last a few more days.  If all goes according to plan, she can go back to regular physical activity (golf and working out) in a month...with a few weeks to spare before our daughter's wedding.  🤞

Happy to hear Micheline's surgery went well and she is feeling better.  🌷   I wish her a speedy recovery with full capabilities restored.  Make sure she takes it easy and let's you do whatever needs to be done around the house😄

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

That's great that she has completed her chemo with an All Clear and has such a positive outlook on everything.   It truly does make an impact on one's life and everyone surrounding them.   

I wish her the best and offer her a big Cheer😄   Congratulations!!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My Singing For Parkinsons Zoom group just ended.Today ,among others we sang Stairway to Heaven.There was a guest guitarist who told us the story of how Robert Plant got the idea to write the song.

One of my favorite Zeppelin songs