Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

He is a cancer survivor.He told his wife that if he had a successful surgery he wanted to go to NY and NJ to visit with longtime friends that he has not seen in many years.

What a wonderful time down Memory Lane, Lenny!  I'm so happy for you and your friend!

21 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I like her. I hope she earns something from this and cleans up her act. At least she realizes she messed up an didn't try to blame Aesha for going to Jason.

I miss Below Deck.  I don't have Brave, now I don't have Peacock.  Is it on hulu, or any other streaming network?

10 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Getting ready to head to Cincinnati for our daughter's wedding this weekend.  I'll be offline for a few days.  As far as we can tell, everything is ready to go!  Put the finishing touches on my father of the bride toast yesterday.  My only concern at this point is the father-daughter dance.  My daughter went with I'll be your Man by the Zac Brown Band.  The lyrics are great but it's not a traditional slow dance (she doesn't want that) and the beat is somewhere between fast and slow.  I still have to figure out how to dance to that song.  🤷‍♂️🕺

Congratulations Bob and Micheline on your daughters' big Wedding Day!!  Not to worry about your dance.  It will be Magical.  Enjoy!!!🎉🥂🥂🎉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@bobmacliberty

I just went and listened to Zac Brown - I'll be your man.  I'm not a country fan so I'm wasn't familiar with it. You have nothing to worry about, I promise there won't be a single person who notices your dancing.  There won't be a dry eye in the house.  What a beautiful song for a daddy daughter dance.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Talent and a lot of hard work helps  even the odds. Congratulations to Owen and his teammates. They showed what they’re made of!

@A&L_Ont  +1  Well done, Owen!!!!!

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Just a quick shout out from beautiful Celebrity Edge.

I’ll keep up with all the past week posts when back.

We’re trying hard to enjoy the cruise, while keeping daily in touch with Olivia (my cousin who underwent a surgery to remove a cancerous tumor from her lung).

Sweet and sour.

I hope your cousin is doing well, and is now cancer free.

I wish you and DH a wonderful cruise on the Celebrity Edge, Dani.  Bon Voyage!🚢

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

So now that you have the scenery, let’s talk about the baseball.  

Owen’s team is a D centre team and the coaches decided to play up in Provincials to compete against A centre teams for the challenge.  They played 6 games over three days and Owen’s team came in second place in the Province. 12 teams competed at the weekend tourney, and the only team that beat them won the tourney.  That team was the home town team, which had the easier draw, but it is what it is. We are so proud of all our boys. 

Quite the challenge when a small rural town with a population of less than 10K competes against towns with more than 100K plus and comes in second overall.

IMG_1359.thumb.jpeg.5a627ecae17b805238f3d499f5d90003.jpeg

From our association’s website. 

IMG_3121.jpeg.89bacb034c4557c3697d039748ccb62e.jpeg

Owen and the team ought to feel really good about playing up and coming in 2nd. To me it is better to play up than to just roll over everyone else. It will help his playing so much. It’s kind of like when smaller colleges play KU in basketball and know they are going to get slaughtered. First they do it for the television money, but the college coaches say “if you want to be the best you have to play the best.” Owen should feel very proud of himself and his team.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

It’s located at the B Ocean Resort so it could be the same place just under new owners. Here is their website:

https://www.boceanresort.com/dining/the-wreck-bar/

Behind the bar sure looks like when I worked at the "She" disco, but I just now googled Marlin Beach Hotel, and it said that it was torn down.  I guess I'm going to have to make a trip to Lauderdale to look around.  The last time we stopped along the beach there was around 20 years ago, the apartments where I lived with my roommates one block up from A1A, and a block or two from E. Las Olas Blvd. was gone.  The laid-back Ft. Lauderdale I lived in was no longer.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Behind the bar sure looks like when I worked at the "She" disco, but I just now googled Marlin Beach Hotel, and it said that it was torn down.  I guess I'm going to have to make a trip to Lauderdale to look around.  The last time we stopped along the beach there was around 20 years ago, the apartments where I lived with my roommates one block up from A1A, and a block or two from E. Las Olas Blvd. was gone.  The laid-back Ft. Lauderdale I lived in was no longer.

It would have been cool if it was the same place. My guess is that they used it for inspiration for the new place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If you have a JS or higher you can go to the far left where the counter is located for Pinns and Suites.    

We have sailed out of Bayonne many times and have never had issues with check in lines but we usually arrive around 12:30 / 1:00 pm for our check ins to avoid the early morning check in lines.   

The only area that uses the I-pads is the area for people that need wheelchair assistance to board (this is right next to the Pinns/Suites check in area).      

We never upload photos of ourselves online, we always have them take our pictures at the terminal.     

You must be getting excited for your first cruise in 4 years.   

My Wife and I are getting very excited for our upcoming cruise.

We bought "The Key" which wasn't much more then the Internet Package with 2 devices. Caught a nice sale.

We got an email from Royal allowing us to board between 11:30am and 12:30pm. So no worries there, we will leave our hotel in Newark at 11:00am. It's about a 20 minute ride to the port.

More worried about actually getting to Greenland because of the weather. Carnival Legend just decided it was to windy to go to Greenland at this time because they wouldn't be able to tender into the ports. So instead of going there they are getting a new itinerary tomorrow morning, most likely more Canada Ports.

You can read about it on the Carnival boards.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

My Wife and I are getting very excited for our upcoming cruise.

We bought "The Key" which wasn't much more then the Internet Package with 2 devices. Caught a nice sale.

We got an email from Royal allowing us to board between 11:30am and 12:30pm. So no worries there, we will leave our hotel in Newark at 11:00am. It's about a 20 minute ride to the port.

More worried about actually getting to Greenland because of the weather. Carnival Legend just decided it was to windy to go to Greenland at this time because they wouldn't be able to tender into the ports. So instead of going there they are getting a new itinerary tomorrow morning, most likely more Canada Ports.

You can read about it on the Carnival boards.

Fingers and toes crossed that winds improve by the time you are headed there.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Fingers and toes crossed that winds improve by the time you are headed there.

Put it this way, I'm sure it's not getting any warmer up there 🤣I guess even if we are rerouted to more stops in Canada like the Legend will be it still will be great since we have never done and New England /Canada cruise either.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

What a wonderful time down Memory Lane, Lenny!  I'm so happy for you and your friend!

I miss Below Deck.  I don't have Brave, now I don't have Peacock.  Is it on hulu, or any other streaming network?

Congratulations Bob and Micheline on your daughters' big Wedding Day!!  Not to worry about your dance.  It will be Magical.  Enjoy!!!🎉🥂🥂🎉

Thanks,Maryann.My friends son enjoyed hearing the stories about his dad and me.

• Like 2

Well we got checked in for our Adventure October 21st Sailing. Oh how I hate refreshing and refreshing just waiting for that option to appear. I alternated between the app and the cruise planner on my computer. The computer opened up first. I started at 11pm CST and finally got in about 3-4 minutes after 11pm which was 12am Florida time. I was under the impression you could bypass all the information editing and go straight to pick your boarding time but it wouldn't let me even if I clicked on fill guest information later. I got a boarding time of 11:30am which was the earliest listed but I thought on previous cruises there was a 10:30 slot. I don't know if I took too long and the 10:30's got full or maybe 11:30 is the earliest. Any ideas????

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well we got checked in for our Adventure October 21st Sailing. Oh how I hate refreshing and refreshing just waiting for that option to appear. I alternated between the app and the cruise planner on my computer. The computer opened up first. I started at 11pm CST and finally got in about 3-4 minutes after 11pm which was 12am Florida time. I was under the impression you could bypass all the information editing and go straight to pick your boarding time but it wouldn't let me even if I clicked on fill guest information later. I got a boarding time of 11:30am which was the earliest listed but I thought on previous cruises there was a 10:30 slot. I don't know if I took too long and the 10:30's got full or maybe 11:30 is the earliest. Any ideas????

I'm glad you posted this, Every week I start the sign in process to get a time, with the hope that I can make it on board. I almost forgot this week.  And I did get 11:30.  Last week I think I got noon. 

Cannot wait for this treatment to be over and this nasty disease to be gone. 

• Like 17

14 hours ago, Jimbo said:

For those that have boarded lately in Bayonne(Cape Liberty), when checking in at the port? Do they come around with I-pads and checked you in or do they still do it the old way at the counters/desk?

I'm asking because we did not upload our pictures when checking in online. Just wondering where that is done at now in Bayonne Port?

I'm not sure what it matters... if using the iPads, they take a pic with the tablet.  If at the counter, they take a pic at the counter.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I am so sorry to hear that your great-aunt has passed, Debbie.  While she won't be telling you stories, as you said, there will be plenty of stories about this great lady.

I didn't realize that some DNA services mention familial longevity.

Different companies offer different services for an extra fee that can tell health information, etc. I was able to upload my Ancestry.com data to another company's site, and they offer a "free trait" every week.  It's not a guarantee, but a "likelihood" of something, and it's a wide range of traits that they track.  Things like athleticism, intelligence, food preferences or allergies, tendency towards wrinkles or freckles, even type of ear wax!  LOL

10 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I have been working on my Storyworth stories for our daughters.  It took me awhile before I got started, but I'm finally putting pen to paper with my stories.  Good idea, especially since many of the suggested questions will be about his growing up.

I think I'm going to have to find something that is audio-recording rather than written word.  My bio-dad isn't much for writing things down, but he loves to tell a story verbally.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I wouldn't worry about it. No one has looked at my checkin time for my past 3-4 cruises.

I think it is annoying that RCI has turned themselves into Southwest Airlines when it comes to checkin.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wouldn't worry about it. No one has looked at my checkin time for my past 3-4 cruises.

I think it is annoying that RCI has turned themselves into Southwest Airlines when it comes to checkin.

True.
That is how they (hope to) curb crowds that arrive even before the terminal gate opens.😁

We prefer to pick the afternoon time...between 1 pm to 2 pm. Have observed that there are no or almost no lines before security and inside. I wouldn't put myself through this extra stress of setting the alarm to get an early check in 😁. Now if they had it really like "open cabin" first come first serve, like open seating on South West, perhaps I would reconsider!!!!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I don't know if I took too long and the 10:30's got full or maybe 11:30 is the earliest. Any ideas????

For our B2B on Freedom the earliest we could get is 11:30 and we had all our info ready when we signed in at 12am. 

• Like 1