Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

The time of the day. Usually between 1pm and 3.30pm. Some even close at noon.... We laughed among ourselves - 2 big ships in port, with thousands of eager tourists to spend some money, but the Italians stick to their "dolce vita".... Long lunch break/afternoon nap.... you name it....

The first ferry to SML is ONLY at noon, hourly.... With so many people in Portofino, long lines to embark and disembark, we got to SML almost at 1pm.

From SML to Portofino, the last ferry I'd recommend taking is at 3.15PM. The one at 4.15PM will be cutting it too close. We took the 2.15PM, were in the tender line back at 3PM.

If you manage to get to Portofino early (which was not closed as SML for lunch/nap), might check taking the bus or taxi to SML and come back by ferry.

People I've been talking to said they spent the whole time in Portofino, going to [expensive] beaches.

Went to the local market, then slowly explored the two main streets, enjoyed an ice cream.

I very much wanted to take the local bus, #5, to see the views of the "Illes Sanguinaires", since the Little Train Tour doesn't stop enough there, but, being a very hot day, DH vetoed my plan....

He was still fuming that I've made him climb many steps to the Castello Brown, and it was more important to me than Ajaccio, so I let it go............ Choosing my battles after 50 years of marriage 😉

Indeed, it is.

Olivia got home yesterday, after 10 days in hospital. The surgeons took no chances and removed also the lymphatic nodes along with her lung lobe. ALL IS CLEAN and she doesn't need any treatment!!!

First time I've actually spoke with her, instead of her boys and DH. She was ecstatic, like being born again. She claims that our cruise had a big part in her deciding to speed up all the tests, and so the "spot" was removed timely.

We felt awful flying out while she was in ICU. Glad that the initial news were good, so we could relax and enjoy the rest of the cruise. 

Fantastic news Dani @dani negreanu

• Thanks 1

I almost never check my e-mail at bedtime .However,last night I did and saw an e-mail from a friend of 75 years ,a retired Sgt.with the NYPD.I thought it was going to be a 911 related e-mail but it was him letting me know that Susan ,a dear friend of both of us from JHS and HS passed away in her sleep on Saturday.We were both shocked to hear this.

This morning after showering I found something on my armoire that disappeared in my house more than 20 years ago.

When I was in Elementary school during the Korean War children were issued dog tags containing their name ,address ,SS number and fathers name .Toby was going through a box in her closet and found it .Was she directed to the box by a thought ,she has no idea.Just a bit eerie that it was found today.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

“Shanah tovah” 

To all my CC friends celebrating Rosh Hashanah.  

I hope this is a great year for each and every one of you.  

17 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I wish the same

14 hours ago, Luckynana said:

"Shanah tovah" from me, also!!!

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

From us too!    

A big THANK YOU to all of you 🌺

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

A very sad day .... 22 years 😢.

Remembering as I was ironing my sons' army uniforms, and DH came to tell me that "a small plane had hit one of the towers... an accident for sure...".

I was watching the news getting ready to go to work, will never forget that , I was working in lower manhattan when they were built , highly recommend going to the museum there . 

• Like 3

@dani negreanu Dani, that is great news about your cousin.  So glad to hear she got the “all clear”

I think we all remember where we were on 9/11, 22 years ago.   Susan’s late mother’s birthday was September 11.   After that, she never felt like celebrating her birthday, because of the date.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Susan received some bad news.   Her cousin was killed in a motorcycle crash this weekend.  He was 57.

It seems I have known far too many people that have lost their lives in bike crashes. True.

So sad. So young.

Sincere condolences to Susan and all her family.

• Like 2

On September 11,2001 I had a job interview scheduled for 9:30 AM in the HR Department of Two World Trade Center.The interview was arranged for me by my friend Barry a retired member of the NYPD who was working as Chief of Security at a company in the WTC.I was excited at the opportunity to possibly work there because I knew many people employed in the WTC.

Barry suggested that I come at 8:30 ,meet him for breakfast and he would take me to HR.A few days before I received a call changing my interview for a later date.Barry died on 9/11 .Many people credit him for saving their lives.Over the years Toby and I have been to 911 memorials all over the US to talk about Barry.

Across the street from where I live there is a memorial wall dedicated to the members of the FDNY who died on 9/11 who were residents of our town .This memorial has survived two hurricanes.

• Like 16

35 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Susan received some bad news.   Her cousin was killed in a motorcycle crash this weekend.  He was 57.

It seems I have known far too many people that have lost their lives in bike crashes.

Mark I am so sorry to hear this. I am sorry for Susan's loss

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

It seems I have known far too many people that have lost their lives in bike crashes.

Condolences to the family.  Way too young and yes too many bike crashes lately 💔

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Question for those with experience on B2B's.  If we have any sort of dining package can we get that booked on the first half of the B2B so we don't have to mess with it on changeover day?

Yes, we have had success with booking the last night of the first sailing. 

We usually do 3 night dining pkg for a 7 night sailing so if we liked our table location and waitstaff in Mdr we usually ask for same for the following week too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Very sorry to hear this.   Please give Susan our condolences.   

May he RIP🙏

• Like 1

So very sorry for Susan.  😞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

I was watching the news getting ready to go to work, will never forget that , I was working in lower manhattan when they were built , highly recommend going to the museum there . 

I was working in Rockland County when I heard the news at first thinking it was the plane's mechanical error. 

My nephew worked a few short blocks away from the WTC, saw the first plane hit and saw things no person should ever see from their office window.  

So sorry to read this.  Condolences to Susan and family.

• Like 2

I used to ride. When I got my dog she pretty much refused to stay home alone and loved riding in the car. I pretty much gave up the motorcycle to keep her happy. I'm convinced that dog saved my life.

Sorry for your loss.

• Like 10

35 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, we have had success with booking the last night of the first sailing. 

We usually do 3 night dining pkg for a 7 night sailing so if we liked our table location and waitstaff in Mdr we usually ask for same for the following week too.

Perfect, I’m thinking of the Chops +1 as well as a dinner I have compliments of everyone’s favorite TA. Also, I never thought about it but the doing a repeat with our Main Dining crew if they good is good thinking. That never occurred to me. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I used to ride. When I got my dog she pretty much refused to stay home alone and loved riding in the car. I pretty much gave up the motorcycle to keep her happy. I'm convinced that dog saved my life.

Sorry for your loss.

Andy used to ride also, from about 2010 until 2019. I was very happy when he decided to sell the bike.  

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I was working in Rockland County when I heard the news at first thinking it was the plane's mechanical error. 

My nephew worked a few short blocks away from the WTC, saw the first plane hit and saw things no person should ever see from their office window.  

So sorry to read this.  Condolences to Susan and family.

We flew to Denver three days after 9/11 airport was almost empty there was more armed military than passengers, airport was about normal when we flew back a few days later . 

• Like 3