Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 11/29/2023 at 10:26 PM, George C said:

Not a fan of CK for dinner had two dinners on first oasis class , ever since we went to specialty restaurants, did get a good price for UDP on current cruise doing  hibachi tonight at 9:30 , extremely hard to get this reservation other restaurants are no problem. Time for happy hour.

We like it since it’s much more quiet than the MDR. We won’t pay extra for food so it’s nice for us.

On 11/30/2023 at 1:43 AM, bobmacliberty said:

I think of CK as a half step up from the MDR. Kinda halfway between the MDR and a specialty restaurant. 

This is also how I feel. What’s so nice about it is that it’s so calm in there compared to the MDR.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Totally agree. It was good of Sandy to give him another chance but he is a mess. Unfortunately, the new stu Lily is fairly worthless so I don't think they can afford to lose Kyle now.

Where do they get these people???Luka is a piece of work but I enjoy Max.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, George C said:

My wife has never called in sick in 35 years, she was feeling cold last couple of days on the ship , just came back from urgent care, she has Covid , so far I am fine , currently her symptoms are like a bad flu. 

We both got Covid on our last cruise this past September too. Quarantined on last day(packing day) of a 14 night cruise.

We received a FCC for 1/14th the cost of the cruise from Royal o use within a year.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 3:02 AM, firefly333 said:

Lol we heard facial recognition was fixed last sunday. We were onboard about on time.

Hot hot hot. 97 in roatan. Forget those winter jackets. I'm so hot. 

I have a picture to prove 95, but missed a picture of 97. .. but it's hot.

20231129_143057.jpg

We were in Roatan the day before you and the heat was brutal.

14 minutes ago, George C said:

My wife has never called in sick in 35 years, she was feeling cold last couple of days on the ship , just came back from urgent care, she has Covid , so far I am fine , currently her symptoms are like a bad flu. 

Wishing her all the best and a very fast recovery.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Looks like the pesky elf is making a mess this morning. 

IMG_9479.thumb.jpeg.d924810a73f5b9b8f12d9bbced1e09ee.jpeg

Speaking of elves, while we were gone Wednesday evening someone dropped off a bucket of goodies on our porch!  The bucket said on the side, You've been effed.  I pulled up my Ring to figure out who dropped it off but no video!  I rarely turn it off but Sharon was earlier out front putting Christmas lights up and I turned off the Ring and forgot to turn it back on!  😆 

• Like 14

17 minutes ago, George C said:

That is pretty much what the virus has evolved into. It often isn't even tested for any longer as the treatment isn't typically altered by the test results.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is pretty much what the virus has evolved into. It often isn't even tested for any longer as the treatment isn't typically altered by the test results.

Curious what your thoughts on Covid shots , I get them whenever a new one is available, wife got all of them except for the latest. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Here's a few 

Fireplace in the house that was redone with the kitchen remodel

20231204_110434.jpg

Pruned the Apple Tree

20231204_140850.jpg

Pruned both Peach Trees #1

20231204_120408.jpg

Peach Tree #2

20231204_120358.jpg

House being built next's door to us, Our new neighbors soon.

20231204_120427.jpg

Garden getting cleaned up, hope to run the rototiller through it befor it gets to cold.

20231204_120458.jpg

Pictures outback of the mountain, all the leaves have fallen now. Only green up there now is evergreens and cedar trees.

20231204_120505.jpg

Farmer never got around to  mow some of the fields this year. He had equipment failures.

20231204_121015.jpg

More field pictures.

20231204_121041.jpg

If you enlarge the picture, the second from the right white building. Is the Clubhouse for the golf course.

20231204_121030.jpg

The wreath on the fireplace mirror is pretty. Perfect spot for it!

It looks like you have the garage at your end of the new house. More privacy for you. 
You have beautiful scenery, even this time of year!

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Yes, we did the mail run on our NE/Canada cruise but it was on our stop in Portland, Maine, not one of the Canadian ports.  It was on the Casco Bay Ferries and was $17pp with tickets only available the day you are going.  The boat goes 365 days a year and the Captain will narrate if there are more than 10 passengers.  It is BYO food and drink, not a nice lunch like @aussielozzie18 had on her boat ride.  I thinks hers was a wonderful trip to take with her Dad, great memories.  We would definitely do it again if we were in Portland and it was a nice day as it was nice to be our on the water.  It was interesting to see what the people who were going out to their island homes were bringing with them.  We saw many people with collapsible grocery carts taking anything from a step ladder to multiple gallons of window washer fluid to a Tiffany style lamp to their houses.  Some islands had golf carts all lined up at the docks waiting for people and others had shuttle vans.  They loaded and uploaded cargo at all islands but we never stayed for more than 5 or 10 minutes.  We have been to Portland a lot in the past as it is only an hour and a half drive from home, so this was something different for us to do.  🙂 

Casio Bay is gorgeous. We used to take the boat from Portland to Bailey Island and were hoping to do it when we were up there in July. Evidently it hasn’t been an option for several years. I wish we’d known about the mail boat!

• Like 2

Just a note on previous book chat.  I finished Grisham's "The Exchange" and was disappointed.  "The Firm" was so much better but that's just MHO.

On a brighter note, sunny and beautiful here, going up to mid 60s.

@George C Hope Shelagh (sp?) feels better soon.

@Jimbo Never good to get Covid on a cruise but at least it was the last day for both of you.  I hope you both experienced mild symptoms.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Sorry to hear. I hope her symptoms get better and you stay fine.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

The wreath on the fireplace mirror is pretty. Perfect spot for it!

It looks like you have the garage at your end of the new house. More privacy for you. 
You have beautiful scenery, even this time of year!

Actually their  driveway and garage is going to be on other  end of new house.

This is our only window in the house that faces the end of their house. it's one of the 3 windows in the Master Bedroom. Other 2 windows face out the back at the Gazebo and Peach trees.

20231205_120417.jpg

This is a view from our garage one the end of our house that faces the new house.

20231205_120509.jpg

Our house with garage on the end and our master bedroom is behind the garage

20231205_120837.jpg

20231205_120840.jpg

20231205_120845.jpg

20231205_120919.jpg

There is their garage way in the back on the side. I believe it's going to be a 2-1 setup, 3 car garage.

20231205_120951.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 6

46 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Just a note on previous book chat.  I finished Grisham's "The Exchange" and was disappointed.  "The Firm" was so much better but that's just MHO.

On a brighter note, sunny and beautiful here, going up to mid 60s.

@George C Hope Shelagh (sp?) feels better soon.

@Jimbo Never good to get Covid on a cruise but at least it was the last day for both of you.  I hope you both experienced mild symptoms.

We managed, was a little rough driving home from Bayonne to Virginia. But we took it easy and got a hotel room for the night about halfway.

Just tired and sore throat early and a lot of coughing. Still were coughing a lot even a month later but not so bad now with the coughing.

Lost taste for a while too, but that seems to be coming back now okay.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, George C said:

Curious what your thoughts on Covid shots , I get them whenever a new one is available, wife got all of them except for the latest. 

I've received my Covid vaccines.  I got the latest dose about a month ago along with my flu shot.   I figured with the holidays coming up and holiday shopping, I don't want to risk getting sick and missing our January 6 cruise. I've been waiting too long for it.   I did get Covid once last spring and got Paxlovid.  I think I was sick for maybe a day or two with cold like symptoms. 

I hope your wife feels better soon.

Edited by ValerieJo
  • Like 1