Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

This is a phenomenal game... 3-2 now.  

Playoff feel !

Thanks for the link.  I'm going to be there a couple of days before getting on Liberty in Sept.  I'll definitely stop in the The Canuck!

After watching the highlights of last nights game, looks like Vancouver put on a show! Beautiful looking goals & some of the passing made the Rangers look down right silly.

I also post on a Rangers forum & many of the "fans" there are already calling the season a disaster and the team needs to be dismantled. Typical "jaded" old time Ranger fans, despite the fact that they are still in first place in their division & more than half a season remains.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen now has his G2, and can drive on his own. Now he has to save up for some wheels, but until then we don’t have to drive him to all of his practices.

IMG_3325.thumb.jpeg.87e2f5cd83497945eb26d0f81dbce0bc.jpeg

Congratulations to all of you!  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

but until then we don’t have to drive him to all of his practices.

Congrats to Owen and isn't that the best feeling not having to be a taxi driver?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Dogs playing in snow.  Doesn't get much better than that.  Looks like they're having a great time!

I didn't get all of it on video but they were pretty funny. Last night when it was snowing Charlie was trying to bite snowflakes out of the sky. I wish I would have gotten video of that. It was hysterical.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

17 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Top 2 teams in the league going at it! However, due to my stupid cable company being in a dispute with MSG network, I won't be able to watch it as they no longer carry the channel. I have considered upgrading to NHL Center Ice or ESPN+ but I won't based on principal....and me being cheap.

But I do go to about a dozen games a year so I do get my fill.

My granddaughters were not on camera at the game they went to last week

.A meet and greet with my youngest granddaughter has been set for her and her favorite player,Braden Schneider.It will be sometime in March.

Her father,my son in law also knows Tom Laidlaw well.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same for me.   My Dad and Brother primarily watched or played baseball and footballl while I played softball.

Hockey was not a sport watched in my house nor do I recall any local ice rinks until I got older.   

Now Eric's Brothers got into hockey as teenagers once we had an ice rink about 15 or 20 minutes away from home. 

Once I married into the family I was then introduced to hockey and went to several games but that has faded and he hardly ever watches Flyers game after his Brother died on a military mission overseas.

One of my son in laws has a cousin who is the father of a 16 year old boy on a Travel Hockey team.A Tutor is assigned to the players on the team and must be doing a good job because several of the team members have already been accepted to Harvard.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I also post on a Rangers forum & many of the "fans" there are already calling the season a disaster and the team needs to be dismantled.

Good god I can't imagine.  The Rangers power play is deadly, their forecheck is relentless and but for a few bounces going the other direction this game has a very different outcome.  I understand being jaded... I'm a Canucks fan after all.  But to think the team needs dismantling is bizarre.  They must have watch a different game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

After watching the highlights of last nights game, looks like Vancouver put on a show! Beautiful looking goals & some of the passing made the Rangers look down right silly.

I also post on a Rangers forum & many of the "fans" there are already calling the season a disaster and the team needs to be dismantled. Typical "jaded" old time Ranger fans, despite the fact that they are still in first place in their division & more than half a season remains.

Do you think that this may turn out to be a repeat of 1994 ?Friends of mine ,long time Ranger fans believe it may be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen now has his G2, and can drive on his own. Now he has to save up for some wheels, but until then we don’t have to drive him to all of his practices.

Congrats to Owen... and to you and Lisa.

I remember how amazed I was of the amount of extra time that gave us in the evenings.  Our oldest (son) was not as "busy" as our youngest (daughter), and we never realized how much of our time revolved around her activities until it all suddenly stopped once she could drive.  I don't think I could go back.  Now she drives herself to university and back that is 5 and a half hours away.

Now you and Lisa will have time to go for activities and on dates together... you know... like going to Costco together 😉

dp

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Why does he have to save up for wheels when you have so many extras?😉😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 17

Congratulations Owen!

I remember my mom taking me down to the Motor Vehicle office (That's what they called the DMV in BC back then) when I was 16... I remember her saying "I feel like I'm signing my life away" LOL. Little did she know.  I'm sure Owen will be far more responsible than I was 🙂 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@DaniDanielle belated Happy Birthday wishes to you!

We returned home last night from our quick trip to Disney for race weekend.  As expected, Cristina finished the full 26.2 mile run, her first full marathon.  Jessica’s goal was to make it from the starting point in Epcot to the Magic Kingdom which is 10 miles and she was able to do that. Not bad for being almost 5 months pregnant.  Ali’s goal was to beat per personal best of 13.1 miles; she made it to mile 17 before dropping out.  A few pictures from the weekend.

My girls, 5:01 am on race day

IMG_0610.thumb.jpeg.6b52a59c5d032dba730372eba33b211d.jpeg

The finisher and her family 

IMG_0612.thumb.jpeg.26fb5b59db93e7f58fe7176af236e7e5.jpeg

Andy and I with the grandkids

IMG_0616.thumb.jpeg.0ebdc305e47095b29996219a1fe1f331.jpeg

Me with the youngest granddaughter (Ali in the background)

IMG_0613.thumb.jpeg.7a54795edc9969dbc455ea25a4975890.jpeg

4 of the 5 grandkids

IMG_0615.thumb.jpeg.d2d0b02fac315209b462c7b51e6b30b2.jpeg

Celebratory dinner at The Boathouse in Disney Springs

IMG_0595.thumb.jpeg.b668e4e3ccef8fec8bcc6ad2d56ed12c.jpeg

Now we’re home to the cold and snow 🙁

This brings back great memories.   Sharon and our cruise friends ran the Disney marathon before and ran the half marathon several times.   My race was to get in a couple of rides and then make it to the finish line before they got there.  🙃 

The pic of the grandkids walking up is great!  

Thanks for posting!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Congratulations to Owen.I got my first car at age 29.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Congratulations to Owen!  And cheers to a little more free time for you and Lisa!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

But to think the team needs dismantling is bizarre.  They must have watch a different game. 

It's a combination of old timers that have followed the team for 65 years & have had their hearts broken 64 of those years & some that have very high expectations, such as winning 9 out of every 10 games with every other win being a shut-out, etc.   Any less is a disappointed LOL.  They probably only make up 20% of the members but seem to account for 80% of the postings. They are a very loud group. I just view for the entertainment, kinda like Bee's threads. 😆

BTW, I miss JT Miller. Rangers never should have traded him away.

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Do you think that this may turn out to be a repeat of 1994 ?Friends of mine ,long time Ranger fans believe it may be.

Too soon to tell. I'd be satisfied with a deep playoff run.

• Like 3

By far the best player on Pittsburgh is out for Bills game Sunday, Watt caused havoc against the Bills in some previous games. I not that interested in hockey on TV but it’s exciting to see it live .

• Like 2