Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Playing catch up on Dani's thread. 

Hope everyone going on cruises or holidays have/had fab times. Especially the Icon cruisers and @cruiselvr04

travelling all the way to Australia, still on my bucket list.

@Sea Doghope the pain is getting better andyou're  getting better sleeps.

@Jimbo glad to see you posting again, you've been missed, love your posts

@dani negreanuthink about you and Aaron and your family often. Hope things are a bit quieter and you can get out and about without too much worry

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

No complaints from me for our 10 day forecast. 

IMG_0617.thumb.jpeg.91f1194368f38a3f6a2a7c8ba8dc857f.jpeg

Not bad for a NW Pennsylvania winter.  Anxiously awaiting Phil’s prediction on Friday. 

Same here.  We need some sunny skies so tired of the rain and gloomy skies.    

There is an Indian Chief staying at a carriage house that is located on the property where I work.    I asked him to do a sun dance the other day.   Maybe he did!

He has some amazing stories he is sharing while he is here visiting from CA.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 10

Good afternoon.

It is 43°F and very windy here in North East England.

We went to church this morning and after the service our church warden gave Pauline several names to write into the church memorial book.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Playing catch up on Dani's thread. 

@Sea Doghope the pain is getting better andyou're  getting better sleeps.

Thank you ! I wish I could say I am getting better sleeps but I’m not. Horrible restless leg syndrome at night that consists of a dull ache and heavy tired feeling in my leg muscles. Very frustrating.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, h20skibum said:

And just look at their drink prices, compared to Royal’s. The plus package was a no brainer for us.  I know I will see what I can work my way through.  

Blanton's included with the plus package?  Very impressive, especially if they can keep it in stock.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The weather is not looking good for Coco Cay on Sunday.😏

Plenty of time for it to change.  It looks like you have a nice day for flying Saturday.  I’m not even cruising, but I’m excited for you and look forward to your posting about it.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Plenty of time for it to change.  It looks like you have a nice day for flying Saturday.  I’m not even cruising, but I’m excited for you and look forward to your posting about it.  

Thanks. Just in case I am going to have my travel umbrella so that I can at least explore the island. Between that, a bathing suit, and water shoes I am going to make this work. I don't care so much about just lounging in the sun.

• Like 17

I had a thyroidectomy on Friday. Sutures come out today, and everything is fine- except for a headache that won’t go away. Caffeine, pseudoephedrine and ibuprofen are managing it, but it’s annoying. I don’t normally have headaches, so I am thinking about how much I have to be grateful for. If you typically don’t notice any pain, you don’t really think about it, until you do!

We are having an unprecedented warm spell- today it’s going to be 6 degrees C. And tonight we are going to the National Ballet of Ukraine, which should be lovely!

Meanwhile, I am making a quilt for my not yet born granddaughter! I’m doing a crazy quilt, with scraps from the baby’s brother’s quilt, her mother’s quilt, and her uncles’. I have never done a crazy quilt before, but it’s coming together nicely. It’s going to be colourful!

• Like 17

27 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks. Just in case I am going to have my travel umbrella so that I can at least explore the island. Between that, a bathing suit, and water shoes I am going to make this work. I don't care so much about just lounging in the sun.

They were calling for rain the day we were there, too.  The rain did not show up until we had enough of the island, and were already back on the ship in the afternoon. 

Hope you have a great cruise.  A long, six month wait for our next one. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My granddaughter was in to have her foot x-rayed again, and they say it has a hairline fracture.  Not bad enough for a boot, which they thought would cause more problems than it would help.

It hasn’t slowed her down much.

• Like 8

So, the story of how the fracture happened.

She had one of those heavy, Yeti water bottles that she dropped on her foot.  After the tears subsided, she asked her mom.  “Who do you think was at fault?  Was it you, because you filled up the bottle with water?”

After her mom said “No”, she asked. “What about Yeti?  Could I sue them for making their bottles too heavy?”

I think the girl needs some responsibility lessons.  Either that, or she has figured out the ways of the world at an early age. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

I had a thyroidectomy on Friday. Sutures come out today, and everything is fine- except for a headache that won’t go away. Caffeine, pseudoephedrine and ibuprofen are managing it, but it’s annoying. I don’t normally have headaches, so I am thinking about how much I have to be grateful for. If you typically don’t notice any pain, you don’t really think about it, until you do!

We are having an unprecedented warm spell- today it’s going to be 6 degrees C. And tonight we are going to the National Ballet of Ukraine, which should be lovely!

Meanwhile, I am making a quilt for my not yet born granddaughter! I’m doing a crazy quilt, with scraps from the baby’s brother’s quilt, her mother’s quilt, and her uncles’. I have never done a crazy quilt before, but it’s coming together nicely. It’s going to be colourful!

Sorry to hear about the headaches. I hope they get better for you. The quilt sounds lovely. 

34 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

My granddaughter was in to have her foot x-rayed again, and they say it has a hairline fracture.  Not bad enough for a boot, which they thought would cause more problems than it would help.

It hasn’t slowed her down much.

Ouch! I k ow those Yeti’s are heavy.

27 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

So, the story of how the fracture happened.

She had one of those heavy, Yeti water bottles that she dropped on her foot.  After the tears subsided, she asked her mom.  “Who do you think was at fault?  Was it you, because you filled up the bottle with water?”

After her mom said “No”, she asked. “What about Yeti?  Could I sue them for making their bottles too heavy?”

I think the girl needs some responsibility lessons.  Either that, or she has figured out the ways of the world at an early age. 

Sounds like she would make a good lawyer.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I thought you were cruising on the Allure and on another ship? Didn't I read that recently or was it someone else?

1 hour ago, StanleyandGus said:

I hope you feel better soon!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you ! I wish I could say I am getting better sleeps but I’m not. Horrible restless leg syndrome at night that consists of a dull ache and heavy tired feeling in my leg muscles. Very frustrating.

@Sea Dog Greg, so sorry you're not getting any respite. I really wish there was something I could help you with.

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Ocean Boy  + 1

OB, wishing you a very enjoyable cruise, with balmy weather and novel drinks 😉 

I had a thyroidectomy on Friday. Sutures come out today, and everything is fine- except for a headache that won’t go away.

33 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry to hear about the headaches. I hope they get better for you. The quilt sounds lovely. 

@StanleyandGus Glad your surgery was successful. May be the headaches are following the "new balance" of hormones you're experiencing, wishing you a swift and full recovery. Enjoy your quilting, sounds very interesting. 

@h20skibum

Mark, "Sounds like she would make a good lawyer".  😉  Agree with Greg @Sea Dog 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Agree with this recommendation Lenny.  I usually avoid true crime  but on a whim decided to watch this one.  Binged the entire three episodes as i couldn’t stop watching.  No spoilers for this one as it’s best to go in blind not knowing anything about this case.  It’s getting rave reviews here and making viewers angry.

Many people that I know are watching it.

Sorry about your headaches.  Hope they subside soon.   The ballet sounds lovely.    Would love to see a picture of your new granddaughter's crazy quilt when it's completed.  It sounds like it will definitely be a treasured piece.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Greg, so sorry you're not getting any respite. I really wish there was something I could help you with.

Thank you it’s frustrating but I’m hopeful that it will not last forever.

• Like 3