Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

50 minutes ago, NHProud said:

It was worth sticking around to hear Céline Dion sing .  Too long for me but they don’t get to do this often so making the most of it .  

I totally agree!  She was awesome.

13 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I always loved going to a Drive-in movie.    The last time we've gone was when we used to stay at the Cabin in Smallwood, N.Y. when our daughters were younger.  I guess it's been well over 35 years or more since going.

Happy 18th Birthday to your grandson!!!🎈

The last time I was in a drive-in was before I was married.  Whitestone drive-in, in the Bronx.  No more comment is necessary 😇 

@ValerieJo Happy Birthday to your grandson from me too! Such an exciting time in a young man's life.  May all his birthday wishes come true.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@Sea Dog  Hope you're not hurting too much, Greg.  Luckily you got your Hallmark movie in prior to your dermatology procedure!

They asked me if I was open next week and I said yes knowing full well my procedure was that week and if they called me back I would postpone the surgery. Priorities….priorities.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

After the Friday evening meal together, DH, DS1 and me were very excited to view the Olympic Games opening ceremony.

At the beginning we were very impressed by the "innovative" approach of the delegates sailing along the Seine and the various performances at the same time.

After a while, it started to be quite confusing -- too much going on at the same time.

It might be us, but we gave up at the letter N 😕

I so wanted to watch this live but live here was 3am and that wasn’t going to happen

Hoping I can find a full replay.

Interesting that the surfing events are being held in Tahiti and due to there being no hotel at the small village at the surfing location, competitors and officials will be accommodated on board the cargo/cruise ship Arunai 5.  

This ship offers cruises to the remote islands of Tahiti and I am keen to experience this cruise with my daughter in the future.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 5

@Sea Dog Greg , I hope you heal quickly .  Take care of yourself.

@FromSea2ShiningSea  Beautiful photos .  You certainly get around .  That midnight sun is hard to get used to. We spent a week in Kiruna Sweden and it never got dark.  Reindeer was on the menu every single day at that meeting.  Didn’t appreciate it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ValerieJo said:

A special day today.  My grandson turns 18 today.  Not sure how it happened so fast.  We will be celebrating on Sunday.

Doug and I are thinking of going to the movies tonight.  We haven’t been since before Covid.   I keep hearing how great the new “Twisters” movie is.  Some friends saw it yesterday and loved it.   I looked up showtimes and it’s actually playing at the Drive in theater.  I went and bought car snacks, so I think we’re good if we decide to go.  Just not sure we can stay up that late anymore.  😂

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

I loved the original Twister.  Twisters was only on the cinemas here for 2 weeks then it went straight to the streaming platform that we don’t have.  Enjoy the drive-in - gosh that’s a throwback. 

Happy Birthday 18th Birthday to your grandson 🎉🎂.

• Thanks 1

After a week of warmer temperatures and with all the wattles blooming in Sydney  it almost felt like spring this week but  it’s back to winter this weekend and for the next week with snow possible a couple of hours from Sydney.

Took a photo of this cute ball of fluff (kookaburra)BA9A8809-D77F-4871-B6A9-28E8DE2AF10D.thumb.jpeg.90dd4049cab4bc02491c05d20fec4fed.jpeg

• Like 17

10 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Saw this news story, saying they had to close the Racer roller coaster at Kennywood Park for a day. 

Screenshot2024-07-25at1_34_10PM.jpeg.2fd67e7d681b2a8924a5d11f8c241b73.jpeg

Evidently, they had to make some minor modifications.  Maybe they needed a third concrete block!

That is one of our favorite rides there. 

Is it bad that I am not surprised at all?  😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I loved the original Twister.  Twisters was only on the cinemas here for 2 weeks then it went straight to the streaming platform that we don’t have.  Enjoy the drive-in - gosh that’s a throwback. 

Happy Birthday 18th Birthday to your grandson 🎉🎂.

From me too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Keksie said:

Our cat Elmer loves being wet.  Any time my husband goes in the master bath Elmer jumps on the counter and demands a wet combing.  He would probably take a shower with a little encouragement.  

Our Eva loves watching the shower than licking the water.    Sometimes she will sit under the shower bench while I shower.   She stays mostly dry unless I turn on the shower head on that side.

• Like 6

We had our granddaughter all day, today.  We took the kids out for a short hike. 

IMG_1987.thumb.jpeg.3e2ac1caf9a19095bc2aaac2a6590eb3.jpeg

and a healthy lunch.  I think this is her evil look as she gets her s’mores desert. 

IMG_1995.thumb.jpeg.ce2a76f8fafb6292e8dc611fe16147d9.jpeg

Took them to a different trampoline park. This one had a rock wall, so she worked on her climbing skills. 

IMG_2003.thumb.jpeg.b72d2fc142eddc315600d07d8d3c3e5b.jpeg

She made it almost to the top on the second try. 

IMG_2005.thumb.jpeg.ee0e3dba72cdfa7ab6e16088020fd6e2.jpeg

And where was her brother?  He went to Cleveland today for the National Sports Card show.  He met one of the YouTube celebrities he follows. 

IMG_2007.thumb.jpeg.9aaeb4c229d777415b717df4424098b2.jpeg

My daughter and son-in-law said there was an insane amount of money being thrown around at the show.  I guess it must be a really big deal.  

And the most expensive thing they saw?  The Jersey that Babe Ruth wore for the Called Shot home run.  Thirty million $. 

This article talks about the show’s five most mind blowing items. 

https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/sports/pro/2024/07/25/the-national-card-show-cleveland/74543160007/

He enjoyed it so much, he is headed back tomorrow. 

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, George C said:

Another kitty picture, another name we are thinking of is Gin & Tonic, watching these cats wrestle is way more fun than tv

image.jpeg

What great joy your little kitties have brought you and Shelagh!❤️

• Like 6

Alas, I only got the one private shower.  My DH feels I should accept his help when he’s here to help me.  So I get to maneuver in and out by myself…but under his watchful eye.  Sigh.  This is like having your spouse watch you struggle to get pantyhose on or off…hard to maintain the feminine mystique…

• Like 5
  • Haha 12

Old fashioned Friday after a tough week with one of my favorite rye mixers.  Things a little bit slower at work over the past couple of months so we had to let a few people go.  I always lose sleep for a couple days before and afterwhen I have to sit across a table from someone and do that, whether they deserve to be let go or not….it’s always someone with a family and a rent or mortgage to pay.  

Anyway, it’s Friday.  Cheers my friends!

IMG_4865.thumb.jpeg.2090afaa4dfd018704d06cb9ed376e79.jpeg

Edited by Husky1987
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Old fashioned Friday after a tough week with one of my favorite rye mixers.  Things a little bit slower at work over the past couple of months so we had to let a few people go.  I always lose sleep for a couple days before and afterwhen I have to sit across a table from someone and do that, whether they deserve to be let go or not….it’s always someone with a family and a rent or mortgage to pay.  

Cheers 🥃  I can feel your pain.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

We did our normal Friday lunch at our favorite restaurant, they have 4 dollar martinis every day for lunch , obviously not the best vodka. But currently sipping a Johnny Walker Gold which is my favorite scotch.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, George C said:

We did our normal Friday lunch at our favorite restaurant, they have 4 dollar martinis every day for lunch , obviously not the best vodka. But currently sipping a Johnny Walker Gold which is my favorite scotch.

I was a scotch drinker for years until I got into bourbon.  I really love the peaty scotches...the Ardbeg line are my favorites.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

After the Friday evening meal together, DH, DS1 and me were very excited to view the Olympic Games opening ceremony.

At the beginning we were very impressed by the "innovative" approach of the delegates sailing along the Seine and the various performances at the same time.

After a while, it started to be quite confusing -- too much going on at the same time.

It might be us, but we gave up at the letter N 😕

Same here, which meant I missed the Celine Dion performance which was apparently outstanding. Also missed the lighting of the cauldron. Hopefully they will have highlights on 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Thank you so much!  The Happy Hour food was generally very good- chicken wings, vegetable egg rolls, pot stickers, spicy salmon sushi rolls…We hardly get to go in there though because we had early dining.  The most we could spend in there was 15 minutes.

I hope you have a great cruise with your family!  Should be coming up soon?

We also had early dining for the first time which meant we didn't visit CL during happy hour at all.  Compared to last September Serenade cruise when we went nearly every day.

Your photos are wonderful. We must book another Northern Europe cruise, we've only been on one and that was Celebrity.

Which ship are you on ?

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

I should hook you up with my son in law. 
you would have many bottles to talk about. 

enjoy 

• Like 1