Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Bonnie-

I grew up in Forest Hills and,at times,still have a Queens accent as in watah for water and the expression g’ahead for go ahead as in -Can I go to the front of the line?- G’ahead !

My DH and I moved to the North Fork of Long Island in 1984,about 70 miles east of Deer Park. I still miss the NYC metro area.

When I was physically able to we would go to Greenport,Sag Harbor and the Hamptons during the summer ,day trips.As much as I love Long Island one of my daughters lives in Delaware County.Her town has 241 full time residents and it is very beautiful up there.Many Long Island residents have summer homes there

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Well my wish for no symptoms from my last booster went out the window in a hurry.  Woke up that night about 2 just freezing.  It's alternated between that and cold clammy sweats since then although this morning seems to be better.  It kind of came and went yesterday.  I'd have a few hours here and there where i felt ok and then back to feeling like crap.

Sorry to hear that. It is odd how people react from one shot to the other or even the same one.

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We had the heat on this morning here in Naples.  It's 42 degrees here this morning!

Have a wonderful day, Graham and Pauline!

That’s the problem with us sailing right now. We are missing the good weather. Actually that’s a little to cold, but I would take the 60’s.

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@ReneeFLL

Did Mike gave you some tips for flying your own Dreamliner? 😁

No, but I did land a Navy P-3 simulator before. 🥂 OB you should ask Mike about it. I got very lucky.

56 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

…We are Standing side by side the Odyssey, she looks well endowed in the behind. 

Just what a lady wants to hear. 🤣

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Glad you caught up to OB.  How is your knee doing?  Hope you are getting around better. 🙂 

Thanks I believe it’s much better. We will see how today goes as I didn’t really do anything yesterday. I wanted to give it a rest.

• Like 6

The numbers for this cruise for total passengers is 3461. It doesn’t seem like there are that many people on board.

gold  693

platinum  191

diamond  398

diamond+  303

pinnacle  70

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Breakfast at WJ this morning had more people than I was anticipating. Tables are better marked than they were on the Anthem but many people cannot read a BIG "unavailable for seating" so you have to go with the flow and find your own niche. I do not like that there us no outdoor dining area as the one at the back of Anthem's WJ. Tomorrow I am going to try the Sarium Bistro Breakfast.

I think people have trouble reading with masks on🤪   I noticed several people on Anthem ignoring the unable signs. 

That's a shame they took away the outdoor eating on Odyssey.  We always enjoy ships with this option, Anthem, Serenade, Jewel, etc.  

Hope you are enjoying some nice warm weather!

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We had the heat on this morning here in Naples.  It's 42 degrees here this morning!

Have a wonderful day, Graham and Pauline!

Didnt even know they had heaters in Naples😉   i guess the beaches have been empty.

They say we should be in mid to high 30s maybe 40 most of this week in PA.   Hope it warms back up for you soon.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks I believe it’s much better. We will see how today goes as I didn’t really do anything yesterday. I wanted to give it a rest.

Maybe hot tub or some exercises in pool will help your knee.

My Nana used to always say the ocean healed everything and always told me to go in whenever I had a problem🤩

• Like 7

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Just got 2 pics of my "step" cats, warming themselves, and Licci checking what's for dinner, and I remembered Kubota's surgery. @Keksie, how is he doing?

Your step cats are beautiful.  Kubota is doing very well.  He is healing quickly and acting like his usual self.  It will take quite awhile for the hair to grow back though.  Thank you asking about him.  

• Like 5

I’m a little late in responding to Bonnie, George and bobmacliberty as we had a busy day with grocery shopping and errands.Not as glamorous as being on a cruise, but necessary.

bobmacliberty- I want to add my condolences to those of others who posted here about the Bills loss last night.

We aren’t sure who we may root for in the Super Bowl. My niece called yesterday and was telling us that she is working on a Dannon commercial for Super Bowl. We may just watch to catch that commercial !

Bonnie- I loved my neighborhood. It was a great place to grow up. I left shortly after my DH and I were married. During high school and college, friends  and I often attended the US Open at the West Side Tennis Club stadium before it was moved to the Tennis Center at Flushing Meadows. 

We also rode bikes over to that area where the World’s Fairs were held. No way would I cross Queens Boulevard now on a bike !

The North Fork is a pretty place to live with vineyards,farmland and beaches to enjoy. We have seen a good bot of change and development over the past thirty-eight years, but it has become our community that we share with numerous friends,neighbors and loved ones.

Over the years,  we took many trips into the City for museums,shopping, shows and walks in Central Park. Covid and,unfortunately, the atmosphere in the City has caused us to stay away. Hoping someday the City has a reversal and we will feel comfortable visiting once again.

George- Kew Gardens was a very pleasant area. I had some great times spent with friends at the Salty Dog on Metropolitan Ave. Do you remember it?

Also, part of Forest Park reached into Kew Gardens as well as Austin Street and Queens Blvd. Did you ever go to Knish- Knosh across from the Queens County Court House ?

Wishing all the posters here a good week. Bon voyage to those on a cruise, feel better wishes to those dealing with feeling unwell and hoping those dealing with chilly temperatures a warming trend soon !

MJ 🙋🏻

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Well, the birthday girl got the birthday present no-one wants. Yes, she tested positive on her birthday. At the moment, her symptoms are mild so hopefully they stay that way and we don’t get it 🤞

Happy Birthday wishes to your daughter;  I hope her symptoms stay mild, and that the rest of you don't get the virus, although the saying these days is "It's not "if" you're going to get it, but when".  Aaargh!

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Well my wish for no symptoms from my last booster went out the window in a hurry.  Woke up that night about 2 just freezing.  It's alternated between that and cold clammy sweats since then although this morning seems to be better.  It kind of came and went yesterday. 

Feel better, Ken!

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We are currently at Coco Cay chilling on Chill Island. In our area facing the ships, it us just us two and about a hundred unoccupied loungers. 

That sounds wonderful!!!

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Glad you caught up to OB.  How is your knee doing?  Hope you are getting around better. 🙂 

+1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Didnt even know they had heaters in Naples😉   i guess the beaches have been empty.

They say we should be in mid to high 30s maybe 40 most of this week in PA.   Hope it warms back up for you soon.

Oh yes!  Luckily, we very rarely need it.  Jim did put it on this morning just to take the chill off.  It's expected to be cold tomorrow morning again.  We will survive..lol!!!

The "diehards" were out by the pool when I got home from shopping this afternoon.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

I’m a little late in responding to Bonnie, George and bobmacliberty as we had a busy day with grocery shopping and errands.Not as glamorous as being on a cruise, but necessary.

bobmacliberty- I want to add my condolences to those of others who posted here about the Bills loss last night.

We aren’t sure who we may root for in the Super Bowl. My niece called yesterday and was telling us that she is working on a Dannon commercial for Super Bowl. We may just watch to catch that commercial !

Bonnie- I loved my neighborhood. It was a great place to grow up. I left shortly after my DH and I were married. During high school and college, friends  and I often attended the US Open at the West Side Tennis Club stadium before it was moved to the Tennis Center at Flushing Meadows. 

We also rode bikes over to that area where the World’s Fairs were held. No way would I cross Queens Boulevard now on a bike !

The North Fork is a pretty place to live with vineyards,farmland and beaches to enjoy. We have seen a good bot of change and development over the past thirty-eight years, but it has become our community that we share with numerous friends,neighbors and loved ones.

Over the years,  we took many trips into the City for museums,shopping, shows and walks in Central Park. Covid and,unfortunately, the atmosphere in the City has caused us to stay away. Hoping someday the City has a reversal and we will feel comfortable visiting once again.

George- Kew Gardens was a very pleasant area. I had some great times spent with friends at the Salty Dog on Metropolitan Ave. Do you remember it?

Also, part of Forest Park reached into Kew Gardens as well as Austin Street and Queens Blvd. Did you ever go to Knish- Knosh across from the Queens County Court House ?

Wishing all the posters here a good week. Bon voyage to those on a cruise, feel better wishes to those dealing with feeling unwell and hoping those dealing with chilly temperatures a warming trend soon !

MJ 🙋🏻

Very familiar with forest park , played softball and basketball there too many times to count , my parents had a condo off woodhaven Blvd close to Myrtle Avenue . I did have jury duty once in queens county it was a very interesting case  , I know there was a pretty good Jewish deli in the area where I got my pastrami sandwich’s . 

• Like 1

George- My father belonged to the Grand Jurors Association  and served many times at that courthouse. Usually after a case was decided, the jurors would have lunch or dinner together  at the Stratton Restaurant on Queens Blvd.

As a child, I loved going to the park to ride the beautiful carousel there.

Many great delis in the area- loved the pickles !

Was your parents’condo located near Union Tpke in a high rise building that seemed to be located in or very near the park? This building wasn’t far from Woodhaven Blvd.

Edited by MJSailors
Needed to add a few sentences.
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, George C said:

Very familiar with forest park , played softball and basketball there too many times to count , my parents had a condo off woodhaven Blvd close to Myrtle Avenue . I did have jury duty once in queens county it was a very interesting case  , I know there was a pretty good Jewish deli in the area where I got my pastrami sandwich’s . 

I knew people who lived in a condo on Woodhaven close to Myrtle from 1965 to 1975.It was across the street from the park.

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

So far no one seems interested in fighting for the top spot!

image.thumb.jpeg.91062ea20d2c991e3e13a5a35eede3aa.jpeg

I think we need this- we have at least 4 sofas and chairs with blankets on them, because the cats object to the feel of leather on their delicate fur. Our cat post is more vertical, and one big boned cat has trouble with the jump.