Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Bamburgh Castle is over 400 miles from Southampton.

Highclere castle where Downton abbey was filmed is about 30 miles from Southampton.

We spent 6 weeks visiting relatives in Germany and then only a week in England. We got as far as Stoke-on-Trent. I just had to go to the Wedgwood factory.

12 minutes ago, singinalot said:

final night before Nate’s surgery...I don’t anticipate we’ll get much sleep tonight. I am not allowed to go in with him or be with him before he’s put under so will be dropping him off for his 5:30am check in. 😞

The surgery is estimated to take 8 hours and i’ll be able to go once he’s woken up and stable in his own room. 

He’s quite anxious tonight and I’m quite trying to hold my emotions in. 🙏🏻

Nate’s back on left and a normal spine on right

9FC12424-484B-429D-A97F-FFE3EB79B24A.jpeg

I'm sure it will go fine. Mike had back surgery probably 19 years ago. I don't remember what you said was wrong and I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Are those fractures? Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, singinalot said:

final night before Nate’s surgery...I don’t anticipate we’ll get much sleep tonight. I am not allowed to go in with him or be with him before he’s put under so will be dropping him off for his 5:30am check in. 😞

The surgery is estimated to take 8 hours and i’ll be able to go once he’s woken up and stable in his own room. 

Eight hours is probably more stressful for you! I didn't realize it was so bad.

I'll be sending prayers up for you both.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Wishing the best for you both. 

We also finished the Christmas puzzle today. 1000 pieces, 24 hours. 

55C46584-A85B-4883-9DFE-443C14C35EE5.thumb.jpeg.e39d823da26069d6eeb4c529f2e3b233.jpeg

The extra lights arrived for the basement this afternoon. 20 minutes later, Owen is hooked up. 

9168C229-007B-4913-901E-32045958EE66.thumb.jpeg.0516c82c18b0f42a72e6b505e208f506.jpeg

Final pic, from our condo in St Armands Key. Came to us by email.  Yah, I need some of that in my life again after 11 months.  Hopefully sooner than later, but it won’t be soon enough. 

5BB1152D-A0D3-450B-8EA2-2F1E999F32DC.thumb.jpeg.9ba74a6440368e6c6e12abbca8b39acb.jpeg

• Like 8

On 12/27/2020 at 6:33 PM, A&L_Ont said:

Soooo, has anyone folded Christmas up yet?  Thinking about doing it tomorrow.

Due to the flood we did very little decorating this year. I bought these at the end of the season last year so I wanted to at least put them out to see them. I bought the nautical ones for the boat, but we just put them on the garages. I did think my octopus looked odd until I realized Mike put all the legs going upward. There should be 6 down and 2 up so you can see him face. 🐙 They'll come down in a week or two. 

20201228_221657.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, singinalot said:

Best wishes to you both.

11 hours ago, singinalot said:

OUCH!!  Both you and Nate in our prayers and thoughts.    Do you have work today?  Stay as busy as possible so you dont drive yourself bonkers with anticipation.    That's good to hear you will be able to visit him when surgery is done.  Keep us posted🥰

• Like 1

12 hours ago, singinalot said:

Just now seeing this Crystal.  Hopefully Nate is already off to a great start and you will see him soon.  Best wishes.

Having been a nurse anesthetist for 30 years I must say this is one of the newest and greatest breakthroughs in providing safe repair and recovery from back injuries.

About 10 years ago when the new techniques were a medical break through and we were lucky to get a few of the Neuro/spine surgeons who trained at Cleveland Clinic come to our facility to perform these long detailed cases, we were skeptical.

Now after 10 years of success stories, we are amazed at the great outcomes from the very                beginning..

Yes, many a day I only provided anesthesia to one patient due to the length of time, but, it was so interesting to watch all the instrumentation and safety precautions undertaken.

We went to do post op rounds the next day, and yes, there was post op discomfort, but the pain management was effective to provide comfort.

I will pray as I do for all undertaking surgery, and here is  to a great outcome and quick healing.

Take care

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/28/2020 at 10:56 AM, dani negreanu said:

Sadly, you're right...

We like eating out, even though DH is an excellent cook (and, oh so messy....).

One of our favorite (and very popular here in Israel) is eating out breakfast on Friday mornings (our week end is Friday-Saturday).

"All you can eat breakfast buffet" in a popular place - you have to book at least a month ahead.

We used to look for a nice spread (freshly squeezed orange and carrot juice - a must) with an "added value", like on the beach front or people watching....

"Those were the days, my friend"....😁

Oh I love anything breakfast, including some brunches too.      I especially love eating at a beach front and ocean / people watching.      Someday soon we will all be able to do this again.

Very cold and windy here today.   

Three people at work tested positive in the last couple of days.  We are all very well spaced out and I go into my own office and close the door but we still have shared areas for large office printer, copier, scanner,  bathrooms and kitchen area so I decided to work from home for the rest of the year.     

Has it's benefits I am roasting a turkey today.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, singinalot said:

All the best for his surgery.  Hope recovery is swift.  

I feel for him.  Tractor trailer driver hit us head on when I was about 28.   Broke L2 and L3 which crunched together and ending up fusing themselves.  Before that I had Scoliosis from birth.  Got really lucky and did not have to have surgery though.  Lots and lots of therapy!  

I am sure we will all have Nate's well wishes for a successful surgery...and he will come out of it perfectly!  Best wishes.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Thank you everyone for being so thoughtful! I’m here with him at the recovery center. He’s been keeping the nurses entertained with his jokes. They made him get up and walk and he did well. He said that for the first time in 2 years, the pain that ran down the back of his leg is no longer there. He’s still in a lot of pain (and stubborn) but doing well.

12624FEC-88CA-4657-A362-A4E17A437493.jpeg

🙏 thanks for the update.  Onward and upward from today.