Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

36 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Great that you mentioned that. My last night on Allure this past January I went to my favorite bar team and asked if I could take a picture of their name tags as I wanted to take care of them in my evaluation just as they took care of me all week. They were very happy to comply with the picture taking. I think they were more appreciative that I was going to mention them than they were with the tip.

I do that too.   I have photos of several favorites, barista, room steward, etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Enjoy and drink a tasty drink for me!

Knee is progressing slowly but on time. I got 119 degrees in therapy today. Biggest problem I’m having is in being very uncomfortable with leg soreness, muscle fatigue and restless leg syndrome which is driving me crazy. Today while napping my leg just started twitching. I don’t know if it’s just the nerves trying to grow back or what. Right now I’m sore and my leg feels very heavy. I hope all this gets better. I have to admit it’s been tough on me mentally.

Greg, sorry you're having these difficulties and hope they lessen so you can improve physically and mentally.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have a Tip question.    We have had a lot of extra special this week by the Head Waiter of the MDR.   he has gone out of his way - definitely above and beyond.  He did a wonderful job with the birthday cake order, tonight he had strawberry bisque prepared as I mentioned earlier in the week I love chilled soups, he arranged a deep discount for Chris and Donna to eat Izumi and he said he has a surprise for us tomorrow evening.       Would he be allowed to accept a tip?

Absolutely. On one cruise,  our head waiter came by every night toward the end of dinner to have me choose the next night's meal ahead of time so that they could prepare it very low sodium or sodium free. He even asked if I would like something that wasn't on the menu. We were very happy to show our appreciation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m so far behind, here and Bella’s thread. 

@jagsfan I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

@dani negreanuyour meal look fabulous!  

@Ozark_KidHappy belated birthday!

@Sea Dog you will get there Greg, keep at it and know we’re all cheering you on.

@Sunshine3601 I’m glad the newbies are enjoying the cruise and it seems like you’re all having a great time. 

We are in PA this weekend at our oldest daughters house. Andy is helping our SIL with a master bathroom remodel.  I spent the day shopping at King of Prussia Mall.  I checked the health app on my phone when I got back and I walked 3.5 miles!  Just goes to show that shopping can be healthy 😉.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Right before all of this hit Sharon retired and our dreams were to go explore.  We had several places we wanted to cruise to or just go visit.  We figured if we did a TA on the way back it would help us to adjust to the time difference easier and would be fun.  For now it’s wait and see for us.  Although things seem to be easing we will wait a bit longer.

Jim and I "retired" and moved south in 16/17 expecting to travel and spend time with the grandkids, first of which was born in 2016.  It all started out great then came to a screeching halt in 2020.  Finally getting back to it albeit quiet slowly, hopefully will all be back to normal soon.  Going to visit grandkids next weekend, 3 and almost 6, so miss those regular visits.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

April 22 on Allure.

So, I just booked the Harmony for December 10, 2022.  Going to Aruba and Curaçao, you should join us.  Be another B-day cruise for the DW.  I will be happy to teach you to ride the FlowRider like me.  IE not falling because I don’t want to have to take pain pills in my old age.  Carving gracefully, or as gracefully as a fat old guy can at the top of the wave.  Riding for my 2-3 minutes and stepping off the side, or doing a silly spin until I fall at the bottom.

jc

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

So, after having a Friday night dinner off last week [celebrating my birthday at a restaurant 😉], back to the "regular program". As a bonus, we got the grandkids for a sleep over [aka, white night for me...]

This time the "chef" has outdone himself with an excellent shepherd's pie, slices of baked eggplant with tehina, among other goodies...

IMG_6921.thumb.jpg.50c5a8952730117cb78c58d6405a7696.jpg

IMG_6922.thumb.jpg.52d7f1f47ab7477b6395eb13bd6d45bd.jpg

Wow!!  I make a shepherds pie too, from a Paul Prudhomme recipe…but I’ve never gone the extra mile to hashtag/decorate the mashed potato layer!  Compliments to your husband!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/24/2022 at 10:09 PM, lenquixote66 said:

I had Gonzaga to beat Auburn in the final game.I do not think I am doing too good this year.

Now I get to root for my favorite team in the tournament,St.Peters.

12 hours ago, NHProud said:

and the favorite tonight is Purdue over St. Peter’s. 

Not only did St. Peter's win, No. 8 North Carolina just beat No. 4 UCLA.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Enjoy and drink a tasty drink for me!

Knee is progressing slowly but on time. I got 119 degrees in therapy today. Biggest problem I’m having is in being very uncomfortable with leg soreness, muscle fatigue and restless leg syndrome which is driving me crazy. Today while napping my leg just started twitching. I don’t know if it’s just the nerves trying to grow back or what. Right now I’m sore and my leg feels very heavy. I hope all this gets better. I have to admit it’s been tough on me mentally.

I am sorry to hear you have these issues.   My Mom used to get restless leg syndrome and drove her nuts some nights.    

Has your  Dr. said it is healing of nerves?

Hang in there I am sure the new knee will be worth it🤩

I would love some puppy photos.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

So, after having a Friday night dinner off last week [celebrating my birthday at a restaurant 😉], back to the "regular program". As a bonus, we got the grandkids for a sleep over [aka, white night for me...]

This time the "chef" has outdone himself with an excellent shepherd's pie, slices of baked eggplant with tehina, among other goodies...

IMG_6921.thumb.jpg.50c5a8952730117cb78c58d6405a7696.jpg

IMG_6922.thumb.jpg.52d7f1f47ab7477b6395eb13bd6d45bd.jpg

@Ozark_Kid, John, pls. feel free to "stage" the pictures better 🙏

Wow, this looks delicious.  I love how hubby even puts a design ontop of shepherds pie.

Enjoy the grandkids🥰

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

leg soreness, muscle fatigue and restless leg syndrome which is driving me crazy.

Oh, I just remembered...my friend had RLS. She bought a cream (it was advertised on TV but she found it at Target. It is like a hand lotion and rubbed it in at night. It worked for her.

I can't remember the name.

Looked it up...it was Theraworx.

Edited by Bailey & Sophie
Adding info
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Right before all of this hit Sharon retired and our dreams were to go explore.  We had several places we wanted to cruise to or just go visit.  We figured if we did a TA on the way back it would help us to adjust to the time difference easier and would be fun.  For now it’s wait and see for us.  Although things seem to be easing we will wait a bit longer.

Similar for me. Had worked full time since I was 17, was planning to go part time May 2020 and retire May 2021. Little did I know my last shift in March 2020 at Heathrow was my last ever.  At least I got furlough pay for 9 months and then redundancy pay.

But all our plans to see the world went out the window. Best laid plans ........

Now I feel out of the habit of travelling. Can't wait till the Med cruise in June

• Like 8

11 hours ago, sgmn said:

Thanks Graham,  very interesting.  The on board restrictions sound similar to the sailcations last summer. Though the ports seems quite encouraging and not too restrictive. Waiting patiently to find out this seasons protocols from Royal and Celebrity. 

I presume you had to do an initial pcr test and be vaccinated?

Yes we had to show we were vaccinated and had the free nose swab lateral flow test at Southampton terminal.

After about 30 minutes we both got texts to say we were negative.

Graham

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We finally got word yesterday that our new built-in office cabinets will be installed the week of May 10.  It will take another week after that for the countertops to get measured and installed.  Will be nice to get rid of these cheap folding tables that we're using as temporary desks.  Still no delivery date on an undercounter fridge that we ordered almost 3 months ago.  The store guessed it would take 6 months when we ordered it.  Supply chain issues still have a long way to go before getting back to normal.

• Like 10

Well, it looks like it is going to be 36° all day here. 

39EB7473-779C-4C64-8E06-F0342AABD686.thumb.jpeg.6c6fd89060fb946cc9418df16ac12261.jpeg

About 5 minutes after I opened this up and saw all those clouds with snow flakes in the forecast, I looked outside and saw this. 

497ED610-1593-472B-A14A-C212D680CF67.thumb.jpeg.2c37e58f1399290ed10f20e6cdbdc16f.jpeg

Will this weather have an adverse effect on a tan? Asking for a friend. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

16 hours ago, jagsfan said:

OK, I didn’t have those problems, so I can’t say chin up it’s almost over. 
I will say just keep on keeping on. It may take a little longer than we expected, but it will get better. 
When do you see your orthopedist again?

And what does your therapist say about it?

Maybe changing up your exercises might help. 
And maybe they’ll order an ultrasound sound on the leg. Might be a good idea. 
We’re pulling for you!

I see the doctor next Wednesday so I will be talking to him about my issues. Some of my issues I think are related to my therapy just working those muscles hard. Therapist thinks it will go away with time and healing. I hope he’s right. Thank you for your concern.

15 hours ago, Keksie said:

We are all rooting for you.  That would be very frustrating and I hope those symptoms go away soon.

Thank you so much for your comments.

15 hours ago, NHProud said:

My husband’s doc signed off on his getting a handicap placard ...... 6 months for each knee.  I certainly won’t be using it because I park away from other cars .  

I hope you can get some relief .

I got a temp. Handicap placard. Tried to use it at a restaurant parking lot last week and all the handicap spaces were all taken up so it did me no good..

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am sorry to hear you have these issues.   My Mom used to get restless leg syndrome and drove her nuts some nights.    

Has your  Dr. said it is healing of nerves?

Hang in there I am sure the new knee will be worth it🤩

I would love some puppy photos.

Yes it does drive me nuts. I’ll meet with doctor next week. I do need to take some more puppy pics.

8 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Oh, I just remembered...my friend had RLS. She bought a cream (it was advertised on TV but she found it at Target. It is like a hand lotion and rubbed it in at night. It worked for her.

I can't remember the name.

Looked it up...it was Theraworx.

Interesting I will have to check that out. Thank you so much!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sydney - current weather - rain

7 day forecast - rain ️ 
 DH bought our DD a good quality umbrella for her birthday back in January.  She wasn’t impressed at the time.  She has since thanked him….

I have been experiencing vertigo for the past week. Ugh.  With the constant rain and the sub variant of omnicron circulating in our area, having a quiet weekend at home has been nice.

Hope those of you cruising are having a wonderful time 🍹☀️

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 2

Symphony of the Seas was on Mighty Cruise ships last night.

Now that has prompted me to search for cruises on it.  Sailed Allure, Oasis, and Harmony, so some new shows might be nice.

Even though I have 5 booked right now, that snow this morning has me looking!

• Like 5

21 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I'm so sorry to hear  you have all these medical issues Lenny as you are a good guy.

Sending you our prayers 🙏 and best wishes that the pain management doctor can help you today.

Graham.

Unfortunately he cannot.He wanted to repeat a procedure that he did in Feb.2020 that did not work.

• Thanks 1