Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, NHProud said:

If you go to Commander’s Palace then you have to try the bread pudding with whiskey sauce.  It has been decades since we were there last . We stayed at Harrah*s which was very nice .  We also ate at Mother’s, Central Market , Café du Monde that I can remember.  We listened to jazz at Preservation Hall . Fairly recently, we were supposed to cruise from NOLA to the Bahamas but Covid reared its ugly spiked crowns.  We had a reservation at the Westin near Canal St.  

i don’t know if the Will Smith thing was staged but it certainly got the show plenty of publicity.  However , the yelling of obscenities makes it unlikely.  Why risk an assault charge ? 

Really bad weather here . It’s raining in Southern California. 

Don’t understand why they didn’t kick Will Smith from the Oscar’s as soon as that happened ? 

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We are also fans of the Park Cafe for day 1 lunch.  As any true Buffalonian would tell you, the beef sandwich there is not a true Buffalo style beef on weck sandwich.  The meat is too thick and not tender enough.  But I still eat it and it tastes good.  Micheline likes to start the cruise with one of their salads.  Makes her feel like she is going to eat healthy for the week.  🤣🤣🤣

That’s why I just called it a roast beef sandwich, although beef was extremely tender on our last cruise but I like it thin sliced , we should be making plans shortly for our New York City and Buffalo vacations. ( what did you think about Bills signing Von Miller 😁)

• Like 2

@Sunshine3601  There was a very bad accident over your way at home a couple days ago.

There is a video on there a guy was taking of the accident, he was out of his car up on the bank filming it and watched as his car got hit and other tractor trailers drove into the crash.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2022/03/29/cleanup-interstate-81-deadly-pile-up-shut-down/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily-headlines

Edited by Jimbo
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We are onboard and ready for sail away. Other family members in Port were the Radience, the Vision and the Constellation. Internet is so far so good but we are still in FL. Moving now. My first drink was a 🥭  thingy with very tiny bit of liquor. It was good. We are sitting at the aft Sunset/ lawn area and are sailing away. 

I hope you have a great time. Drink one for me, cheers!

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm also a Schooner Bar fan though I prefer the location and atmosphere on the V/F class ships over the O class ships. 

Me too. Love the atmosphere plus the drink menu has some good ones. Schooner Bar is where you will always find me.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, George C said:

Don’t understand why they didn’t kick Will Smith from the Oscar’s as soon as that happened ? 

That’s why I just called it a roast beef sandwich, although beef was extremely tender on our last cruise but I like it thin sliced , we should be making plans shortly for our New York City and Buffalo vacations. ( what did you think about Bills signing Von Miller 😁)

It would not have been PC ,George

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I’ll keep my eyes peeled. 

Well, the curse of being next door to a 2 bedroom family suite has proven accurate once again.

Laura was woken from a peaceful slumber on her balcony by a group of screaming toddlers on their balcony next door. I believe she's plotting her revenge for tonight

Surprised I didn't notice it.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Definitely not staged and the only reason Smith apologized was because the Academy is considering taking back the Oscar and removing his membership.

Funny thing is he laughed when he heard the joke then noticed his wife didn't find it amusing.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, George C said:

I read it was a very awkward situation since the Academy knew Will Smith would probably win Best Actor, which, of course, he did.  I bet they would have yanked out a lesser known celebrity

Have fun planning your NY vacations and stay safe.  Bad weather, high winds coming our way very soon into tomorrow morning.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Funny thing is he laughed when he heard the joke then noticed his wife didn't find it amusing.

5 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I read it was a very awkward situation since the Academy knew Will Smith would probably win Best Actor, which, of course, he did.  I bet they would have yanked out a lesser known celebrity

Have fun planning your NY vacations and stay safe.  Bad weather, high winds coming our way very soon into tomorrow morning.

Exactly.They still may take action against him.I am trying to get in touch with my friend Gerry who was either at the Oscars or if not he likely knows what will happen.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, George C said:

Von Miller is hopefully the final piece of the puzzle that gives them a Super Bowl win...assuming that he still has enough left in the tank.  The fact that Miller and others want  to go to Buffalo is a huge change from just a few years ago.  I've been impressed overall with how the Bills handled the offseason.  I think they improved their talent level while managing cap space.  The "McBeane" partnership has been great.   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Momof3gurlz   Hi Deb,    I was at Solarium Bistro this morning and they confirmed they are only open from 8 to 10 am for breakfast.   No lunch or dinner served there and unsure when they will restart.  😔  He said maybe not until they are back to 100% capacity.

Per the Loyalty Ambassador (we skipped the top tier event) we have something like 3300 passengers (expected 3500 but the usual 100 to 200 that either failed their tests or cancelled at last minute).     Still expecting 3900 for April 3rd sailing. 

This morning I sat down next to a woman at pool deck who told me she has a nasty sore throat and bad headache.   She also said her 2 teenagers felt crappy last night and are still in bed.   She flew from Chicago to EWR on Saturday and is hoping she didn't catch a cold.    I cut my conversation short as I definitely don't want to take any chances, especially with Eric.

Otherwise, we have felt completely safe with no masks on

Thanks for the update Debbie.  Disappointed no dinner there but we’ll take advantage of it for breakfast.  
How was Chops?  I’ve seen some mixed reviews although not necessarily from Anthem.  We might try that one night or Jaimie’s.  
Also, how’s the mint supply holding up 😉?!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I did not see his movie but I find it very strange that an Oscar is given to an actor portraying a despicable person and lauding that person as though he was a wonderful human being.

• Like 2

Busy getting ready for our cruise on Anthem this Sunday. E-med tests due to arrive tonight and we have backup appointments at Walgreens Friday afternoon.  We’re all checked in with passport & vax info uploaded to the app, along with Set Sail passes in the app.  We’ll also have printed copies of everything.  
I do need some advice regarding internet, phone and the app while on the ship.  We’ve never purchased any type of ship internet, just always relied on an international day plan for our phones, to use as needed.  We both have fairly new iPhones with service thru AT&T.  This trip, on Andy’s phone we would like to have internet, email access and texting to/from the kids.  Is Voom what we need?  For my phone, I’d like to just be able to use the camera.  So my phone should be put in airplane mode?  If I do this, will I be able to use the Royal app on the ship? Or do we need to purchase Voom for both devices?

Sorry for all the dumb questions but when it comes to this stuff, I am dumb LOL.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Well, the curse of being next door to a 2 bedroom family suite has proven accurate once again.

Laura was woken from a peaceful slumber on her balcony by a group of screaming toddlers on their balcony next door. I believe she's plotting her revenge for tonight

Need to study your deck plans a little closer. 😉

Surprised your agent didn't mention that to you.

On 3/28/2022 at 1:33 PM, dani negreanu said:

@davekathy I hope so too.

And also hoping @LucasLikesToCruise is enjoying a nice cruise 😁

I’m still read here a few times a day and faithfully following along this thread and the Bella thread.  
I wish I was able to be on a cruise, but unfortunately my cruising days for the near future are over as long as I am the only caregiver for my mother.  
I just haven’t reported any comments lately since nothing exciting is happening here unless you count taking Oliver to the pet wash at Tractor Supply the other day.  It was the first time I took him to a store and he spent a good hour sniffing everything after he got his bath.  
I had started typing some lengthy and detailed comments to jimbos kitchen design since I have been involved with a fair share of kitchen design and builds, some well over the $100K range, but I kept getting interrupted with things here, so I just gave up.  
Anyway, thanks for thinking of me, but rest assured, I’m still observing everything even if I have been quiet. 😎

• Like 14

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

@Sunshine3601  There was a very bad accident over your way at home a couple days ago.

There is a video on there a guy was taking of the accident, he was out of his car up on the bank filming it and watched as his car got hit and other tractor trailers drove into the crash.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2022/03/29/cleanup-interstate-81-deadly-pile-up-shut-down/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily-headlines

We travel on that part of 81 heading to our PA house, lots of hills.  We went thru there once where you could barely see the car in front of you due to fog, was definitely not a fun ride.  The area is actually a bit northeast of Hershey, between 78 and 80.

• Like 4

Meanwhile, another sad evening here.... From the CNN --

Five people have been shot dead on the outskirts of Tel Aviv, Israel, medics say, in the third deadly attack of its kind within a week.

Four people were killed in the first one, and two Sunday evening in the second one.

Sunday evening could have been much more worse, luckily a group of soldiers just stopped to eat some shawarma at a nearby kiosk, and swiftly took over...

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, akcruz said:

We travel on that part of 81 heading to our PA house, lots of hills.  We went thru there once where you could barely see the car in front of you due to fog, was definitely not a fun ride.  The area is actually a bit northeast of Hershey, between 78 and 80.

I had to look up where that accident was as our local news was saying it was north of Harrisburg.  My son went to school in Lewisburg, so we used to travel 84 to 81 to 80 many weekends to go to rugby games.  Awful accident though. 😞 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Whoever is next to us on Mariner this May definitely won’t have that problem.  DS2 is 35 (how did that happen?) and one of our favorite things to do is sit on the balcony and read.  Not a noisy habit.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I had to look up where that accident was as our local news was saying it was north of Harrisburg.  My son went to school in Lewisburg, so we used to travel 84 to 81 to 80 many weekends to go to rugby games.  Awful accident though. 😞 

Yes I had to look it up to see if it was that section we had issues with.  We come up thru Harrisburg, then 81 to 84, we are just off 84 on Lake Wallenpaupack.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Yes I had to look it up to see if it was that section we had issues with.  We come up thru Harrisburg, then 81 to 84, we are just off 84 on Lake Wallenpaupack.

Ah yes...Lake Wallenpaupack.  Home of the infamous Cove Haven resort where the heart shaped tub and champagne glass whirlpool were supposedly invented.

• Like 7