Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Okay, I am blaming all you who have had appliance issues.  Our dryer has decided to start thumping, sounds like a shoe is spinning around! Waiting for guy to call, he said he would call in 20 minutes, so we shall see🥴

I'm having a dryer issue too. It is making a racket like a roller or bearing has gone bad. I can't stand being in the house while it is running.

• Like 2

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

I'm having a dryer issue too. It is making a racket like a roller or bearing has gone bad. I can't stand being in the house while it is running.

Pretty sure mine is the roller, it thumps like a sneaker is in it.  My guy is coming tomorrow and I am sure he will want to get a new dryer.  Mine is very old, already replaced the motor.🥴

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The technician surprisingly arrived here at 12:30.He did the winter check up and since it is supposed to be in the mid 70’s the next few days he also checked our AC unit.

Fortunately, he was more efficient than your Dr. 😹

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Renee + 1, @ReneeFLL

@BonnieNYTX, @akcruz & @helen haywood, thanks for your kind words.

Like all of you, I also had trouble signing in….

Besides, I’m reeling from the change of “climate” in Israel. A minority which doesn’t work, doesn’t serve (either in the army, police, health services), refuses to learn even math and English, will have the upper hand in our lives. Will send my boys to war, while their kids are safe….

I’m very sad, along with half the population, that our only country is lost.

Glad to see you back but sorry to hear about what's going on by you.  Afraid for many parts of the world lately 😪.

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Renee + 1, @ReneeFLL

Besides, I’m reeling from the change of “climate” in Israel. A minority which doesn’t work, doesn’t serve (either in the army, police, health services), refuses to learn even math and English, will have the upper hand in our lives. Will send my boys to war, while their kids are safe….

I am thankful you are OK and are back.  I hope your situation turns for the better soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've got to have an aisle seat and more specifically I need an aisle seat on the right side of the plane. With my bad left knee I want to be able to stretch it out from time to time and the right side of the plane makes that the most convenient.  That being said, DW always wants a window so on flights where the plane has rows of 3 we will not sit together on flights.  People think it's weird but it works for us.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Did you ever need to use the shorthand?

My mom always used to keep track of the wrapped Christmas presents with shorthand (back in the 70s).  She had a list with everyone's name (printed) and what she had wrapped already (in shorthand) so she knew if she needed to do more shopping or go find hidden presents she'd already purchased. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Speak ING of typing, has anyone tried the techy of drawing lines between letters to top type? I just did.  I had to delete severable words.  I left a few to show an example of what it looks like when done. It actually looks better than I thought it would.  Plus to can click on words it guess. I think if I used it more it would be quicker. 

I love Swyping!  I wish the original app was still being supported.  And you can add words to the dictionary so it learns how you swype.  Way more accurate for me than tapping on every letter individually.

• Like 3

So weird to see people talking of Batavia, NY... such a tiny little town for so many of us to be familiar with it.  

My ex-MIL lives in Middleport, and all the various relations live all around that area in Lockport, Gasport, Fruitport, Medina, Batavia, Albion, etc.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I've got to have an aisle seat and more specifically I need an aisle seat on the right side of the plane. With my bad left knee I want to be able to stretch it out from time to time and the right side of the plane makes that the most convenient.  That being said, DW always wants a window so on flights where the plane has rows of 3 we will not sit together on flights.  People think it's weird but it works for us.

On my first ever flight I wanted a window seat .That was the only time ever for me.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, brillohead said:

My mom always used to keep track of the wrapped Christmas presents with shorthand (back in the 70s).  She had a list with everyone's name (printed) and what she had wrapped already (in shorthand) so she knew if she needed to do more shopping or go find hidden presents she'd already purchased. 

Clever mom!

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

My daughter and I have upcoming flights to Brisbane which I booked.  She loves the aisle and I want the window.  That is what I booked.  

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, brillohead said:

With all the talk of different cell phones here lately with all the log in problems, this cracked me up, mainly because it seems to be pretty darn accurate!  LOL

313866641_669566967859248_1785214438175064027_n.jpg

Don’t we wish those new phones were only a single $100!!!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, George C said:

Plus free drinks 😁😁, love getting a nice double before the plane takes off, 2 pieces of luggage each up to 50lbs , never exceeded that but came close.

Most definitely.     We usually enjoy a couple free drinks and some decent meals or snacks depending on flight time.     Eric is 6'3" and he really appreciates the leg room in first class.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Brilliant😀

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Renee + 1, @ReneeFLL

Dani, I am very sad to read that the change in “climate” will have such an impact on your lives.

I know you have many wonderful long term friends and your family in Israel so this is probably going to be a no but I have to ask if moving countries would be a consideration for you at some point?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Max, keeping my daughter company while she fruitlessly attempts to buy Glastonbury tickets on 4 devices at 3am in the morning….

6F7B5040-68AA-4890-A0BC-8EC27ADE2308.thumb.jpeg.f686c404f4f63d901dcf5cc7b4a7da32.jpeg

Daughter then wanted to go to bed but he refused to move off MY blanket so she sent me a photo and said “sorry mum, this was the best I could do” (the rule is sofa covers must go on if Max sleeps in the room….)

E505E8A4-7F55-4FFA-B3AF-DA51A9D5F514.thumb.jpeg.a23ba7aa89c8ca30793c59378237fc3a.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Haha 1