Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

@dani negreanu, just wondering if you and your family are ok.  Just heard that things are getting very tense in your neighborhood.  Praying for peace and safety for all.

Thank you, Raye. So far, we're OK....

I especially appreciate you coming over from Bella's to post this 🙏

• Like 11

14 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Yes, Dani.  I wrote down the hotel in Venice somewhere.  It is gorgeous!!  Thank you!🥰

Btw.. your brownies look scrumptious!😊

"Somewhere" is not good enough... 😉  Here's the link again, saving you some "finding" time

https://www.hotelfontana.it/en/#/

... and the brownies not only look scrumptious, they taste same too 😎

The news are so depressing, that I'm glad I have this thread and trip reports on CC to "divert" my mind of all that's happening....😢

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I experienced the same feeling. We went to an actual church service at Westminster Abbey on a Sunday, then went back for a tour later. Both were very moving.

They are rightfully particular about having no tourists looking around while the church service is going on. They gave us skeptical looks and verified that we were indeed there for the service before letting us in.

That happened to me once in Florence, Italy. I was going to Mass at the Cathedral Santa Maria Dei Fiori. I guess I looked a little too American for the beast at the entrance. When I started explaining to him in Italian why I was there he stepped aside.

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

"Somewhere" is not good enough... 😉  Here's the link again, saving you some "finding" time

The news are so depressing, that I'm glad I have this thread and trip reports on CC to "divert" my mind of all that's happening....😢

Once again, America is waiting to welcome you.....

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Congratulations to you two.

This was our Thursday night. Owen’s team is 0-3 this year.  Hopefully you will have better luck than our boys. Unfortunately I think they will be out in the first game of playoffs. The senior program does not get the same coaching skills as the junior program. We personally know more than 6 players that either quit or didn’t even tryout this year because of the coaching techniques.

Last night was spent at the hockey rink. 

We are 3-1. Won 19-15 last night. Scored the last winning touchdown with 20 seconds left in the game. Just an awesome group of kids. I really enjoy being with them.

• Like 15

Well since I can't do too much and I am taking it easy at least I have one diversion, the Adventure sailing starting today has our same itinerary so it's to the app I go.

Most of you know I am a planner type guy. I make out a schedule for preplanning which nights we do specialty and which nights to eat in the MDR. So far it looks like on our sailing it will be.

Day 1 Casual "Welcome"

Day 2 Formal "Taste of Italy"

Day 3 Caribbean "Taste of the Caribbean"

Day 4 Casual "Taste of Mexico"

Day 5 70's "Taste of Italy"

Day 6 Dress to Impress "Royal Night"

Day 7 Casual "Bon Voyage"

So judging from the menus I think we will do our 3 night dining package on nights 3,4 and 7. Now I know all this could change as to availability once I try and make reservations but it gives me a chance to see everything and help plan.

• Like 9

44 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I am so sorry, Bonnie and Jack😔

Thanks, Maryann.  Jack has lots of family in Israel.  His twin sister, her husband who btw live near where Dani's son and family lived before they moved to Amsterdam.  Also Jack's sister's 3 married children, their spouses plus a gaggle of his sister's grandkids. 

Again, prayers to keep everyone in Israel safe.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

@dani negreanu So sorry for what you are going through again.  My heart and prayer go out to you.  I’m thankful you have a distraction here to keep your mind off all that is happening there.  I hope DH is doing okay.  Hugs!

@Luckynana Thank you, Maryann.  We are still waiting at the gate.  Our flight has been delayed twice due to fog in San Diego.  Departure time is now 9:42 AM.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

You are an amazing woman, Dani.  In the midst of what you and your beautiful Country is going through, you are still helping us with your immense knowledge of travel info, and I thank you.  I wrote the name of the hotel in Venice and checked it out on the website you provided, on the same page with the London info from our other Dani thread family💕

I'm so glad that you are on the internet with us, and that also helps us to know that you and DH are in a safe place.  Praying for you!🙏  Love you, Dani!💕

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thanks, Maryann.  Jack has lots of family in Israel.  His twin sister, her husband who btw live near where Dani's son and family lived before they moved to Amsterdam.  Also Jack's sister's 3 married children, their spouses plus a gaggle of his sister's grandkids. 

Praying for Peace in Israel and for Jack's family.🙏    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

What a dreadful thing to wake up to.  Dani, I am so sorry that you, your DH, and your family, and Israel as a whole, is going through this horrendous attack.  May peace be with you all.🙏  You are in my prayers.  So thankful that your son, DIL. and grandsons are safe in Amsterdam.  I am so sorry.

@dani negreanu +1 from me, too, Dani. 😢💔 🙏

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@grapau27  @Coralc  @h20skibum

Graham, Patti & Mark,

Thank you. We're OK for now, and I'm glad that our grands are not in Israel anymore....

Woke up at 6.30AM to the "tune" of sirens alerting missile attack. DH, who doesn't wear his hearing aids when sleeping, was blissfully unaware. Woke him up and we rushed to our shelter room.

Having a "deja vu" -- 50 years and one day ago, a Saturday, the holiest day in the Jewish calendar....

The Yom Kippur war started. DH, as a reservist, was drafted for 6 months !!! We were married less than 9 months. I moved back to my parents.

The worst scenario all over again, but 50 years ago we had the "buffer" of the Sinai Peninsula, and the first victims were soldiers.

Now "they" crossed the frontier straight into civilian cities and settlements....

I slept in today but when I woke up and opened the news I saw the headlines and immediately came on CC to see if you have checked in.  I was glad to see you post. Be safe Dani, I'm so sorry you are going through this.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@BonTexasNY Wishing for peace and comfort for Jack’s family and Dani’s family @dani negreanu and Israel. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. 🙏

Edited by CrzLvr2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@dani negreanu Dani-While I do not post here often, I read your thread everyday.

You and your family and friends were first in my thoughts when I heard  the news about the attacks in Israel.

I am pleased to read that you are okay.

Hoping that you and yours remain safe.

There is no good outcome to the actions taken today.

When will people realize that acts of destruction will benefit no one?

You will remain in my thoughts.

I will be checking for further posts from you.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

@dani negreanu So sorry for what you are going through again.  My heart and prayer go out to you.  I’m thankful you have a distraction here to keep your mind off all that is happening there.  I hope DH is doing okay.  Hugs!

@Luckynana Thank you, Maryann.  We are still waiting at the gate.  Our flight has been delayed twice due to fog in San Diego.  Departure time is now 9:42 AM.  

I hope you made it this time and have safe travels. Enjoy panama canal. 

55 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I hope you made it this time and have safe travels. Enjoy panama canal. 

Thank you!  We made it to SD but because of all the backlog of flights, there is no open gates.  We are waiting for one to open to move the plane to the gate.  Also, we got an email from Royal that due to fog, Radiance could not dock so everything was delayed for an hour.  They asked us to arrive at the terminal one hour later than our check in time.

When approaching landing, we saw out of the window our ship at the dock.  The terminal is very close to the airport.

• Like 8

56 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Thank you!  We made it to SD but because of all the backlog of flights, there is no open gates.  We are waiting for one to open to move the plane to the gate.  Also, we got an email from Royal that due to fog, Radiance could not dock so everything was delayed for an hour.  They asked us to arrive at the terminal one hour later than our check in time.

When approaching landing, we saw out of the window our ship at the dock.  The terminal is very close to the airport.

For others who may not know, yes the Cruise Ship  Terminal and San Diego Airport are very close.

6 BEST HOTELS near San Diego Airport (Free Shuttle, Parking, Breakfast)

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, Raye. So far, we're OK....

I especially appreciate you coming over from Bella's to post this 🙏

Dani, Ken and I are praying for you and yours, and all of Israel.  I am truly sorry this is happening. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1