Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Reward night sounds much better!  I think I will have one tonight, having our favorite  Joe and Pats pizza(for those who know J&P) and maybe swap out vodka for a glass of Pinot Grigio!

Why swap out?  Why not both?

I think you're missing the point of Reward Night😜

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Why swap out?  Why not both?

I think you're missing the point of Reward Night😜

Glass is not in our vocabulary, need to say bottle. With pizza for us it’s Chianti Classico or a Cabernet.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

10 days of "nail biting" and emotional roller coaster ended today.

After the last week Iranian attack upon Israel, most of the airlines cancelled, again, their flights.

DS2 was supposed to arrive for the Passover holiday Saturday, the 20th. Rental car with 48 hours free cancellation.

Checking with the airline early Thursday (18th) -- the flight is a "go".

Friday morning "we" retaliate (who thought to attack Iran a couple of days before the Passover, with the risk of returning everyone of us to the shelters again??? no answer from "above").....

In no time at all, DS2's flight was cancelled. The airline agreed to reroute them via Paris. He counts himself lucky... Friends of his, who already checked their bags Friday morning, were rerouted via.... Abu Dhabi, spending the night flying East in order to get West.

BTW, the rental were very understanding and waived the cancellation fee.

Finally, we were reunited with our grands late this afternoon. What a huge relief and joy !!

Mark @h20skibum -- what a beautiful party. Well done, so glad your granddaughter enjoyed every minute of it.

@DaniDanielle -- hopefully Charlie is better and you're taking care of yourself too.

@aussielozzie18 -- aussie, as usual, your pics are stunning. Thanks for sharing.

My thoughts are so with you and all of israel, and any others like bonnie with family there. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

10 days of "nail biting" and emotional roller coaster ended today.

After the last week Iranian attack upon Israel, most of the airlines cancelled, again, their flights.

DS2 was supposed to arrive for the Passover holiday Saturday, the 20th. Rental car with 48 hours free cancellation.

Checking with the airline early Thursday (18th) -- the flight is a "go".

Friday morning "we" retaliate (who thought to attack Iran a couple of days before the Passover, with the risk of returning everyone of us to the shelters again??? no answer from "above").....

In no time at all, DS2's flight was cancelled. The airline agreed to reroute them via Paris. He counts himself lucky... Friends of his, who already checked their bags Friday morning, were rerouted via.... Abu Dhabi, spending the night flying East in order to get West.

Finally, we were reunited with our grands late this afternoon. What a huge relief and joy !!

Such wonderful news, Dani!!!  Wishing you and your family a healthy and happy Passover!!

Enjoy your visit all together.  How long will DS2 , your DIL and two adorable grandsons be with you, DH, and DS1? 🌹

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2024 at 10:39 AM, BonTexasNY said:

Echoing Lenny's post.  For those celebrating, have a meaningful Passover.  Tonight starts Passover; mainly no bread, pasta, pastries of any kind that contain flour. 

This is a very emotional holiday for me personally.  Tomorrow marks the anniversary of my mom's passing.  Each year at this time, I use her huge Passover pot to make chicken soup.  As the soup simmers, I tear up thinking of wonderful memories.

Tonight our family (11 of us) gather for our special "seder" holiday meal.  We go around the table and each of us tells mostly funny stories about mom.  

Hoping your memories are as happy as mine!

Thinking of you today, Bonnie, on the Anniversary of your Mom's Passing.

I hope you and your family had a great seder while sharing joyful reminiscing stories about your Mom.🌹  Happy Passover to you, Jack, and your family.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Good evening.  Photos from Tofino.  Weather is ideal & we are enjoying every minute of our roadtrip of Vancouver Island.

CA49773B-6B9E-42B0-A807-C58991F22818.thumb.jpeg.eb86b2ec117d99b6e274886548b17c51.jpeg

That is really neat looking! Almost as good as the driftwood sculptures. ☺️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

That is really neat looking! Almost as good as the driftwood sculptures. ☺️

I actually walked straight past it…then DS called me back & pointed out the “eye” to me and I still didn’t see it 🤦‍♀️.  Once I finally “got it” I thought it was cool.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thinking of you today, Bonnie, on the Anniversary of your Mom's Passing.

I hope you and your family had a great seder while sharing joyful reminiscing stories about your Mom.🌹  Happy Passover to you, Jack, and your family.

Maryann, I cannot thank you enough for your very thoughtful post.  I'm so grateful to call you friend.  And, yes, the seder was great and meaningful. Pure joy.  AND speaking of joy.......

@dani negreanu Dani, I'm so glad this will be a Pesach Sameach.  A Happy Passover with your lovely family.  I can only imagine those first hugs when they arrived. Enjoy every moment in peace.  I bet your DH cooked up a storm, maybe both of you did!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1