Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

My heart medication prevents me taking anti inflammatory medication like Ibuprofen which is the main arthritis treatment.

I cannot take it either due to my ulcerative colitis .I take 2000 mg.of Extra Strength Tylenol every day and have Liver Function tests every 3 months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NHProud said:

I’m so appreciative for your long reply and the time it took for you to do this for me. I’m going to check out CNET .  We have one week left to back out of our contract with Direct TV so we will be buying a new TV this weekend.  Thank you for your help . 

Judy

I've also been shopping / researching / looking at TV's since the beginning of the year.  I've put that purchase on-hold for now due to a few other big expenses occurring but I can give you some insight from my experience.

Short Story: Follow @bobmacliberty & the CNET guide advice.  I'll also throw out Tom's Guide as they usually speak plain English

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-tvs,review-2224.html#section-tv-benchmarks-comparison

Long Story: I've been all over the map. Initially not wanting to spend a lot of money (TCL, Hisense), then deciding I was going to go high-end for premium picture quality since I watch a lot TV,  probably to much. Finally decided on a few mid-range to high-end models from Sony & Samsung that I was waiting to go on sale.

First, pick the TV size you'd like. The picture resolution is so good these days you can probably go bigger than you realize without eye-strain. There are online guides out there to help you choose. Ignore all the tech-spec numbers & acronyms as it can become confusing since different manufacture with use different acronyms form the same technology*. Pretty much all TV's are smart TV with 4K resolution, also called UHD (Ultra-High Def) or FHD (Full High Def). 

Decide on price & where to buy. I've found that Best Buy, Amazon, B&H Photo, Walmart generally have the same "sale" price. I've had good experience dealing with knowledgeable, non-pushy sales people at Best Buy.  I'm usually a "middle-of-the-road" guy, not the cheapest or the most expensive but I won't mind spending a little more for something that I'm going to use every day for the next 10 years.

*  I know more about OLED,QLED, QNED, nits, color temperature, blooming, dimming zones than any sane person should ever know. LOL

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, George C said:

Check engine light just came on hopefully this won’t be two expensive, I have a 2010 ford fusion with 38k miles 😁😁

Check to make sure the gas cap is on tight. Clean it as dirt build-up can sometimes cause it to not seal tightly.

I've owned a half-a-dozen Fords over the years & my father was a Ford-only guy from 1951 until he passed away in 2004.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Wow, I forgot all about Sudoku!  I used to play it every day! 

I do one every morning. Just do a screenshot from the newspaper on my iPad, and pencil it in. They get progressively harder, later in the week. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, George C said:

Check engine light just came on hopefully this won’t be two expensive, I have a 2010 ford fusion with 38k miles

Good luck! I hate seeing that light come on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Crossing my fingers. Crossing off things to do. I spent this morning throwing away papers not sure its smart to throw away. Got a old laptop out of date I dont use but afraid to throw away.

8th grade certificates, so many memories my mom kept. 

This is me when I lived in hawaii and walked up to a falls daily and was in shape. Photo taken on the road to hana in Maui. Boxes and boxes of stuff she kept. I cant keep them all forever, though she kept them. Her marriage certificate, so many memories. I am not even looking at every paper  too sad. I wish so much she was still here to talk to her. She kept everything in files. .. everything. I threw most out. Kept her retirement folder in case there is a problem with the irs. Almost nothing else. Stuff probably should be shredded. Birth certificates and such with ssn on them. Idk but I'm throwing all those papers out. Idk maybe some day I'll wish I'd kept this stuff. 

20240426_110950.jpg

Lovely photo of you.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, George C said:

One of my best friends had a 160 lb itilian massiff , now has 4 dogs all smaller than our old cats .two chihuahua’s one of them has three legs and runs around as good as the other three.

Check engine light just came on hopefully this won’t be two expensive, I have a 2010 ford fusion with 38k miles 😁😁

Make sure your gas cap is tightened properly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I do one every morning. Just do a screenshot from the newspaper on my iPad, and pencil it in. They get progressively harder, later in the week. 

I started out doing newspaper and than I had an app.

Speaking of iPad,  I have been considering getting a new iPad Pro.  My old one was the 1st generation iPad Pro.  I was just about to pull the trigger last week and then noticed they were about to offer a new one.  It's supposed to be announced May 7th.

I have been enjoying my latest MacBook pro however I am not using Photoshop much.   The iPad pro is much lighter and will have the new M3 chip.  I will give the MacBook pro to my DD who's laptop needs replaced. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Agreed anything anyone can do to avoid knee replacement is good. While I don’t regret getting mine replaced it’s a hard surgery and a long rehab. You have to ready for a new normal. That being said I now walk 50 minutes a day without any knee pain. Before I couldn’t even walk. From the car to the store without pain and limping.

I'm really pleased for you Greg.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, George C said:

One of my best friends had a 160 lb itilian massiff , now has 4 dogs all smaller than our old cats .two chihuahua’s one of them has three legs and runs around as good as the other three.

I have a 2012 Fusion , a little less than 20k miles. We also have a 2013 Mustang gt with 42K, but am looking at getting a new one.  Time to get one with an automatic transmission. 

• Like 1

Ok, I am deeply concerned about my mental well-being. I was driving in the car listening to XM Coffee House and one of my dear friend's, TS, new songs came on..... and I liked it.🫨🥹🥹

• Like 1
  • Haha 32

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

My heart medication prevents me taking anti inflammatory medication like Ibuprofen which is the main arthritis treatment.

Charlie has the same restriction.  Tylenol really does nothing.  Feel better🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our deck garden is doing good.  Sharon and family put together 5 grow bags for me to enjoy on the deck!  

image.thumb.png.efdabf77d1ba1b2416fcf8062d22e4e5.png

We just found tomatoes forming on them!

image.thumb.png.5146b795a86cf8fc578878bf9068b685.png

image.thumb.png.370baa1f15946733c6ff345177b4f824.png

20240426_141409.thumb.jpg.cd6a0be70023c4460aafc8ca7d28f274.jpg

We held back 7 plants in case any failed that we planted almost 3 weeks ago.

20240426_142900.thumb.jpg.8fe8515c148bd55996eb8dfdcb3e1d33.jpg

With all looking good we put the 7 extra in grow bags. 2 will go to each of the 3 DDs and 1 to a friend. 

Sharon is not letting the Rollator go to waste!  😆

20240426_144346.thumb.jpg.90612a51522c604154c217c4e7c0e2de.jpg

• Like 26
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ok, I am deeply concerned about my mental well-being. I was driving in the car listening to XM Coffee House and one of my dear friend's, TS, new songs came on..... and I liked it.🫨🥹🥹

I bought her new album. I like it. I also have a vested interest in her now.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

One of you must be maturing! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Agreed anything anyone can do to avoid knee replacement is good. While I don’t regret getting mine replaced it’s a hard surgery and a long rehab. You have to ready for a new normal. That being said I now walk 50 minutes a day without any knee pain. Before I couldn’t even walk. From the car to the store without pain and limping.

Greg, good to read that you are walking that long with no pain.  Keep it up, it only gets better, or so I am told.

I have found that taking off some excess pounds has worked wonders for the way I feel.  Now if I can just keep those extras off while my grandson is here for the summer.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, mo&fran said:

I have a 2012 Fusion , a little less than 20k miles. We also have a 2013 Mustang gt with 42K, but am looking at getting a new one.  Time to get one with an automatic transmission. 

When I bought my 2010 fusion, I could have had for just a couple of K more a mustang V8 , I always regret my decision but at the time wanted a four door and without a doubt would have had way more speeding tickets if I bought the mustang, 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Greg, good to read that you are walking that long with no pain.  Keep it up, it only gets better, or so I am told.

I have found that taking off some excess pounds has worked wonders for the way I feel.  Now if I can just keep those extras off while my grandson is here for the summer.

Thanks Mark! I have been working hard at losing weight but it’s coming off slowly. I’m still down 50 pounds but would like to lose another 30-40.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That being said I now walk 50 minutes a day without any knee pain. Before I couldn’t even walk. From the car to the store without pain and limping.

Wow--that's awesome, Greg!  I'm so glad to hear that you no longer have knee pain while walking!

How is Linda doing with her PT?

• Like 1