Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Good morning Port Canaveral.  I'd like to say it feels good to be back but.....

20240810_0624212.thumb.jpg.a01e99b2c8b68757adc03f4b41db84ed.jpg

20240810_072415.thumb.jpg.c638ff102b98ca364993fcceea315acd.jpg

Welcome back, sounds like it worked out well so far.  Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

4 months old. We question his intelligence, but he sure is cute. 

It’s his cuteness that has you coming back for more. 

In my 50s and I think it’s the only reason to why Lisa keeps me around. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 19

12 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

“Don’t use your good, expensive bourbon for mixing drinks!!” they say.

I say, drink what you want, how you want it.

Cheers, my friends!

IMG_4888.thumb.jpeg.1e6fd588c4e9b494b30ee82c98fb33ac.jpeg

Cheers I like your thinking.

12 hours ago, helen haywood said:

As expected, I got the OK to walk without the boot on Wednesday.  Hooray!  Waited until we got home to try it.  I don’t feel unbalanced without the boot…and there is no pain…I just feel like I’m doing something wrong.  I followed my doctor’s instructions to the letter…so I have not put any weight on my right leg unless the boot was on.  Now, when I start to stand up from the couch or get up from bed…a voice in my head says “Stop!!!  You can’t put weight on that leg!!!”  Even my subconscious is conscientious…

So I’m walking…albeit slowly and awkwardly.  But…no boot has meant a HUGE positive change!  I got my beautiful bathroom back!  Packed up the crutches, wheelchair, shower chair.  Now that I can stand up I could put my toiletries back in drawers or against the splash guard so my vanity doesn’t look cluttered and messy anymore.

BEST of all…I walked into my closet and…oh the possibilities!  I don’t have to wear elastic waist shorts anymore!  I can wear pants or capris…I even put on some jewelry.  I feel like my old self!

However…the new vet I took the girls to…told me they are overweight.  🙀  In particular, Minnie weighs almost 16 pounds and I’m told she should lose 4 pounds!!!  That’s a quarter of her total weight!!  I hate the thought of putting her on a diet.  (I know…I know…destructive love…)  I thought she was just a big cat.  

Congratulations on getting the boot off. I am sure you are taking it slow and wisely.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I understand Lenoard has been out of his routine since I left 10 days ago. Wandering the house & constantly speaking the language of his people (meowing). I think he misses me.

Hang on little buddy,  I'll be home in several days. Part 3 of my trip begins spending 3 days in Florida with friends.  

Resized_20240807_1135012.jpeg.180dd7d56594667e115583ffb8c98af1.jpeg

That’s Diana’s favorite toy!!  We call it Rollerball.  She’ll race up to it and dive backwards and overhand for the ball.  She can play with it for a long time.  Sometimes she likes George to play with her…sometimes not.    We’ve replaced the center cardboard several times.  Once she even got the ball out of the track!

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I was skeptical of Break Dancing being added to the Olympics but I am watching it now and it is incredible. These are world class athletes.

Absolutely.  I'm not a huge fan of judge-based competitions being called "sports" (yeah, I include popular ones like gymnastics and diving in that category), but I can't deny that these people are truly "athletes" far beyond any athletic ability I've ever had.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Absolutely.  I'm not a huge fan of judge-based competitions being called "sports" (yeah, I include popular ones like gymnastics and diving in that category), but I can't deny that these people are truly "athletes" far beyond any athletic ability I've ever had.  

I agree as judging is so subjective. I thought the guy going against the US was better but the US guy got a better score. 

• Like 1

Visit to the Vet wasn’t too smooth Shelagh was able to get Siam into pet taxi but Loki wasn’t going , OceanBoy can relate she had a few scratches with a little blood . So we went to vet with just one cat , checkup and shots went fine and vet gave us something to calm Loki down , we will attempt to take him to the Vet again next Friday. We did find out there birthdate 3/17 so they were born on St Patrick’s day.

• Like 18

On a bike ride trying to get the stresses of the office computer issues out of my mind. Monday is going to suck.

Anyway, I'm at the light house. This is the surf breaking over the reef that is just off shore. Taking a buoy on the wrong side with your boat could ruin your day.

20240810_121347.thumb.jpg.715b54bdc48dc669e3a84fecf8d9303e.jpg

20240810_121347.thumb.jpg.3792645d574bbef05817272f53fbe185.jpg

20240810_121409.thumb.jpg.42c10e8ad48a7b7fbeeedf5f985b4617.jpg

20240810_121437.thumb.jpg.f1c2bd5237ebce30cbb9285408f50990.jpg

20240810_121447.thumb.jpg.7aba2084dfcc55b957ed39cbb46c8992.jpg

• Like 20

55 minutes ago, George C said:

Visit to the Vet wasn’t too smooth Shelagh was able to get Siam into pet taxi but Loki wasn’t going , OceanBoy can relate she had a few scratches with a little blood . So we went to vet with just one cat , checkup and shots went fine and vet gave us something to calm Loki down , we will attempt to take him to the Vet again next Friday. We did find out there birthdate 3/17 so they were born on St Patrick’s day.

I have two words for you:  Kevlar gauntlets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If she kicks you out I do believe you have a friend with a trailer.... @xpcdoojk

I am thinking Andrew is not going to be that desperate.  I am still waiting for word on the FlowRider installation.  I am thinking we are going to head his way next year about now.  2 weeks in Ontario sounds delightful!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 8/5/2024 at 8:10 PM, firefly333 said:

I did a screen shot and saved this post too, though I have no idea if I will be in Hamilton. I have no idea of anything there, just decided to go and wing it. I do hope it's not beastly hot in sept. 

Hamilton,in my opinion is the nicest city in Bermuda.I was never in Bermuda in a September but I was there in several July’s and it was never excessively hot.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

Look at the SportPet carriers.  They are so much easier to get a cat in.  They fold up when not in use.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

This was posted on the main board, but thought I'd post ot here. The l9cks are closed so they will be bussing us to another port. 

Screenshot_20240810_120024_Email.jpg

It looks like climate activists have blocked Jewels approach to Amsterdam.

• Like 4