Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 8/15/2024 at 6:47 AM, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

I hope everyone especially Dani @dani negreanu are safe and well and y'all have a lovely day.

It is raining now but we had a nice breakfast at the beach earlier.

IMG_20240815_111323.jpg

Graham:UB40 appeared in concert last night in my part of NY.The concert was free .It is amazing that some bands will do that .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Your comments are completely true. You also have to be careful about their specialty network. Say you have a problem and want to go to Boston because you feel you will get the best care there. Your Advantage plan might say no, you have to go to Providence because those doctors are part of their network. Oh well, too bad for you.

Exactly!!  NYC has been trying to push all of the City workers into this plan, and we've been fighting this for the past 3 years.  So far, we've been succeeding. 🤞

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Graham:UB40 appeared in concert last night in my part of NY.The concert was free .It is amazing that some bands will do that .

That is amazing Lenny.

The original band were claiming unemployment benefit in the UK and a  Unemployment benefit form 40 was the inspiration for their name.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5

@h20skibum  Mark, you always give the most awesome Birthday parties!  Those steaks look delicious.  I love all the pictures of your beautiful grandchildren.  Wishing an early Happy 12th Birthday to your California grandson!🎈

• Like 4

Kittens are exhausting!  Merlin is out cold half the day, and goes 100 mph the other half

of the day. If he hears me open the bedroom door at night, it’s a race to the bathroom. I can hear his bell collar running at me. If he gets there before I can close the bathroom door, he goes straight for my feet. No matter what I put down or what surface I put it on, he’s there in 2 seconds to check it out. I really need to be careful with dangerous stuff…I think he lacks the instincts not to do something stupid. I’ve tried squirting him with a spray gun. He doesn’t like that and it makes him stop whatever he’s doing, but as Ted Lasso would say, he’s a goldfish. Ten seconds later he’s doing the same thing again. As I’ve said before though, he sure is cute. 

APC_4226.thumb.jpeg.e864c4b4a9793329ab18cdb4d8cad549.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Kittens are exhausting!  Merlin is out cold half the day, and goes 100 mph the other half

of the day. If he hears me open the bedroom door at night, it’s a race to the bathroom. I can hear his bell collar running at me. If he gets there before I can close the bathroom door, he goes straight for my feet. No matter what I put down or what surface I put it on, he’s there in 2 seconds to check it out. I really need to be careful with dangerous stuff…I think he lacks the instincts not to do something stupid. I’ve tried squirting him with a spray gun. He doesn’t like that and it makes him stop whatever he’s doing, but as Ted Lasso would say, he’s a goldfish. Ten seconds later he’s doing the same thing again. As I’ve said before though, he sure is cute. 

APC_4226.thumb.jpeg.e864c4b4a9793329ab18cdb4d8cad549.jpeg

Our two kittens like attacking my feet in bed so they are covered by blankets so no harm done . We once had a cat that would take money from my wife’s purse and place it in my shoes , as kittens they both could fit in my size 15 eee shoes.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Arrived in Amsterdam today after a non-eventful flight (the best kind!).

Board the Serenade OTS on Monday for the final portion of their World Cruise.  

I was on an earlier segment (Buenos Aires to LA) in Jan/Feb and anxious to see how those that have been on the full 273 days have fared.

• Like 24

48 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

I was on an earlier segment (Buenos Aires to LA) in Jan/Feb and anxious to see how those that have been on the full 273 days have fared.

Safe travels, looking forward to your impressions of the sailing now vs your previous legs.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

Our two kittens like attacking my feet in bed so they are covered by blankets so no harm done . We once had a cat that would take money from my wife’s purse and place it in my shoes , as kittens they both could fit in my size 15 eee shoes.

Yeah, Jade doesn't quite get that when she sees movement in the blanket it is just me and not something she has to attack.

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

Today we went to the Washington County Fair. It was…..interesting.  Not my cup of tea but the boys had a blast.  
IMG_2016.thumb.jpeg.d55951b096867660882b2750d21b1637.jpeg

IMG_2017.thumb.jpeg.fc035ff9557140f6c26cdd1b68f219a8.jpeg

This is what a $20 stuffed bear looks like 🤨!

IMG_2020.thumb.jpeg.e5c6f01d1c9e586bbdb51fa570e0c486.jpeg

IMG_2024.thumb.jpeg.afca7fa9b99d7c4f02dd721a008b2593.jpeg

IMG_2018.thumb.jpeg.582d9743f2da7f93131a09bd6f269884.jpeg

The two older boys are spending the night at Auntie Ali’s.  Teddy and I went to the movies this afternoon to see Harold and the Purple Crayon.  I haven’t been to a movie theater in at least 10 years. Everything is automated and self-serve now, but the new seating arrangements are great. All stadium style with reclining seats, and you could order food (burgers and such) to be delivered to you.  

• Like 23

4 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Enjoy your time in Amsterdam!  Say hi to Laura and John for me when you reboard the Serenade!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, taznremmy said:

@George C My chocolate point was 19 lbs!  A big boy, but not fat.  How did Loki’s do at the vet?

He was much better behaved to vet than to us trying to get him in per taxi . Our last kitty was well over 20 lbs at one point if he attacked his sister you couldn’t see her under him , luckily she was very quick and could jump on things that Joebob couldn’t.. when we got him we were told he was Siamese but was definitely a ragdoll that my wife totally loved , we came close to spending thousands to a breeder to get another ragdoll or two , but I was very happy we adopted to Siamese from a shelter.

• Like 9

11 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Have a great cruise. Wish I was still on Serenade. The crew and food I thought were very good. And the house band and five singers who are on the whole WC were outstanding.

There does seem a different vibe on board than on a normal cruise.  More laid back. 

Bars were quite IMO. But our sector was very port intensive,   only three sea days in the 16 day cruise

Have fun 👍 and I hope you post about it either on Dani's thread or the WC thread

It will be great for you to reconnect with people who are doing the whole cruise or who did the first quarter.

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Heard today we got our royal up on our Canaries and Madeira cruise in September. 

Went from OV guarantee (still no cabin ) to obstructive Balcony . Looks OK on the deck plans though so fingers crossed it's a good upgrade .

It's been a busy week. We've had grandparent duties three days this week plus I've had two funerals to attend. Yesterdays funeral was particularly sad. My old colleague from 35 years ago. He was the baby of our ticket desk at the airport and sadly died way too early at 57. 

Such a fun positive person 💔

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 16

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Heard today we got our royal up on our Canaries and Madeira cruise in September. 

Went from OV guarantee (still no cabin ) to obstructive Balcony . Looks OK on the deck plans though so fingers crossed it's a good upgrade .

It's been a busy week. We've had grandparent duties three days this week plus I've had two funerals to attend. Yesterdays funeral was particularly sad. My old colleague from 35 years ago. He was the baby of our ticket desk at the airport and sadly died way too early at 57. 

Such a fun positive person 💔

Thinking of you during your sad times. 

Excited for your upcoming cruise. 

Be safe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Have a great time in Amsterdam one of my favorite beautiful cities. Also tell John and Laura hi from me and have a great cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1