Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

58 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I agree.  We liked both versions of The Gentleman...the Netflix series and the Matthew McConaughey movie.  We've just started watching Slow Horses and are hooked.  I can't tell if I like or hate the Gary Oldman role at this point.  I'd add Bodies to your list of British shows that we enjoyed.  It's a Sci-Fi mystery.

The other show that we're hooked on now is Bad Monkey.  It's pure Vince Vaughn entertainment.  

Loving Bad Monkey. Vince Vaughn is the king of sarcastic comedy.

Also check out Average Joe on Netflix. Lenny had watched it and said it was very good. I thought it was outstanding. A drama comedy with lists of twists and turns.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, brillohead said:

Oh, Bonnie, I'm so sorry to hear this... I was looking forward to meeting you in person!!!  (((HUGS)))

Hope you're having a great time with your family visiting this week!

@BonTexasNY

Bonnie, 

Same here, on both counts.

Beside, Jack was my "selling point" with DH, promising him that he'll not need to "break his teeth" in English all the time, he'll get to speak some Hebrew too 😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Have just finished the first series of The Gentlemen (2024)  8 episode series on Netflix.  If you don’t mind dark humour and violence this  English series is worth watching. A young gentleman Eddie inherits his late father’s estate unaware that his father had been running an industrial sized cannabis farm on the property for a crime family,  to supplement his income.  The crime boss is in jail, so it’s up to his daughter to ensure Eddie is persuaded to continue their business ….and other criminal parties are equally interested in persuading Eddie to make other choices.

Excellent cast, smart script and beautiful vistas as a private English residence- The Badminton Estate in Gloucestershire - is used for exteriors scenes of the family mansion.

(The Badminton Estate was also used for Bridgerton and 28 days later amongst others).  

The movie is great also, 2019 with Matthew McConaughy.  I watched it a couple of months ago.  One of the best I've watched in a while.  Michelle Dockery in a very different role than we had seen her in Downton Abbey, while in a supporting role, was excellent. 

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@BonTexasNY

Bonnie, 

Same here, on both counts.

Beside, Jack was my "selling point" with DH, promising him that he'll not need to "break his teeth" in English all the time, he'll get to speak some Hebrew too 😉

Jack was looking forward to some down home chat in person as well.  One day.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Going to Denver to visit family tomorrow the only question is what damage this innocent kitty and his brother will do to our house while we are gone , we do have a excellent cat sitter who will visit daily.

image.thumb.jpeg.ff67d48ad0b55a87b5d70126e4e0c00b.jpeg

• Like 15

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Loving Bad Monkey. Vince Vaughn is the king of sarcastic comedy.

Also check out Average Joe on Netflix. Lenny had watched it and said it was very good. I thought it was outstanding. A drama comedy with lists of twists and turns.

I am glad that you liked it ,Greg.There are several interesting cast interviews on line.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am glad that you liked it ,Greg.There are several interesting cast interviews on line.

Yes I really enjoyed it. I wish they would have wrapped it all up in season one. Now I have to wait for season 2 to find out all that happens.

17 hours ago, George C said:

All cats want more treats 😁😁😁

Have you read The Cat Who....." series. I havent read one for a while but got one from our condo library I dont think I read before. It features 2 siamese cats, Koko and a female ..koko is always helping to solve crimes. I picked up The Cat who sang for the birds" but seems familiar. But I'll read it again. ..they have quite a few here in the library. Koko knocks books off the shelf to draw his attention to certain ideas. .. leading to solving the crime. Or koko will walk by something and wouldnt leave to get him to pay attention to something. 

• Like 4

Picked up our grandson after school.  This could be a bad habit, because the car always turns in to the DQ on the way home.  

IMG_2986.thumb.jpeg.0e0a532eaea7c64377565c76e80b318b.jpeg

Ricky was wanting a taste of my Blizzard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

On 8/29/2024 at 12:28 PM, BonTexasNY said:

With a heavy heart I cancelled our Bella 02 cruise.  Reasons I won't go into but we're fine. Just isn't workable.  I was looking forward to seeing all of you especially our @dani negreanuDani.  I just hope she and her DH can sail with light hearts.  So horrible to live in limbo, in fear, like they are doing now.

Those of you on Bella 02 who weren't on Bella 01, you're in for a real treat.

I hope there will be a Bella 02 thread so all of us homebodies, or on other cruises, can keep up with all the merriment/shenanigans.

I'll post a short blurb on Wonder roll call.

Oh, boo!  Sorry it isn't working out but glad that you are fine. I have no doubt we'll meet on a cruise ship eventually and can swap Rockland County stories from the good old days. 🙂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Have you read The Cat Who....." series. I havent read one for a while but got one from our condo library I dont think I read before. It features 2 siamese cats, Koko and a female ..koko is always helping to solve crimes. I picked up The Cat who sang for the birds" but seems familiar. But I'll read it again. ..they have quite a few here in the library. Koko knocks books off the shelf to draw his attention to certain ideas. .. leading to solving the crime. Or koko will walk by something and wouldnt leave to get him to pay attention to something. 

My wife got addicted to these "The Cat who" books years ago...  I even enjoyed a few along the way.  They're pretty light reading but surprisingly, at least for me, enjoyable.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Oh, boo!  Sorry it isn't working out but glad that you are fine. I have no doubt we'll meet on a cruise ship eventually and can swap Rockland County stories from the good old days. 🙂

Yes, we have the Rockland County connection for sure.

Another sign it’s Spring in Australia…

My brother texted me, in the midst of the convo, he said “btw, I got dive bombed yesterday, hit the side of my head hard enough to get a headache.  Yep, it’s that time again”…DD3C5D48-EF4C-4135-951C-692CA6F025A6.thumb.jpeg.f7f9b4275b712dc2b4a5eccd9c985da6.jpeg

F65E1656-3AAD-4032-9F11-74ADF335B0FF.thumb.jpeg.dbbf864340ab9523bdfed4d093f88ac5.jpeg

• Like 7

Started off the Labor Day weekend by laboring’…replacing a couple fence sections.  

IMG_4941.thumb.jpeg.d55d20b1cfe79f4783a1fba2ba58588b.jpeg

Then, a little stir fry waiting for Andi when she got home from work.

IMG_4942.thumb.jpeg.47d1c1f7f94d3456d5ad39194b2819b3.jpeg

And finally, ending the week and starting the weekend off right.

IMG_4943.thumb.jpeg.bad3d3f366090b852b71d5e0bcc85d3c.jpeg

Cheers, my friends!!

• Like 23

1 hour ago, Husky1987 said:

Started off the Labor Day weekend by laboring’…replacing a couple fence sections.  

IMG_4941.thumb.jpeg.d55d20b1cfe79f4783a1fba2ba58588b.jpeg

Then, a little stir fry waiting for Andi when she got home from work.

IMG_4942.thumb.jpeg.47d1c1f7f94d3456d5ad39194b2819b3.jpeg

And finally, ending the week and starting the weekend off right.

IMG_4943.thumb.jpeg.bad3d3f366090b852b71d5e0bcc85d3c.jpeg

Cheers, my friends!!

Nice job on the fence Larry. That heaven hill is fantastic. I went to a rum tasting tonight with Rolling Fork Spirits. They are doing some great rums sourced from different distilleries in the Caribbean. One of the rums I tasted was from the Dominican Republic that was aged 6 years in Heaven Hill rum barrels. They also had a rum aged in Wild Turkey Rare Breed barrels and one that aged in Old Fitzgerald barrels. All of them were fantastic.

• Like 2

Sitting in the hotel waiting to call an uber to head over to port.  Royal is texting me about how critical it is to adhere to my boarding time.

Started up my Live thread.  Feel free to pop in.  I’m trying to keep up with Andrew’s and Sue’s lives as well. Cheers 🍻 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I’ve had a strange thing happen. We’re on Wonder in March and I’ve been looking at specialty dining. Neither Hooked or Izumi (non-hibachi) show up in the cruise planner under dinner but both show up under lunch. I called and they said it wasn’t available any day for dinner. I first thought maybe they were remodeling but since I can book lunch that doesn’t make sense. Any idea what could be happening? I guess I’ll try to book after we board.

We had to make a trip to downtown Jacksonville yesterday, so we decided to take a slight detour on the way home and stop at our favorite seafood market...Safe Harbor Seafood.  They are located right next to the docks with many commercial fishing boats and always have very fresh seafood, usually caught that morning.  

IMG_1467.thumb.jpg.8d4c482552e207f988f2baa209bed6fa.jpg

IMG_1468.thumb.jpg.727ef7f3e957dd209b4e327d3f825b48.jpg

IMG_1469.thumb.jpg.0d35acc76a7165b42af145f984ef7e3f.jpg

IMG_1470.thumb.jpg.0c9d0e133d327b91ad4f47070b02b72c.jpg

We picked up a pound of extra-large local Mayport shrimp (about 25 per pound), and a large hunk of fresh grouper.  Both were delicious grilled.  Sorry...forgot to take pictures.  Mayport shrimp is excellent if you ever get a chance to get some.  As you can see from the picture above, it's relatively inexpensive, especially if you get it with the heads on and are willing to do the cleaning yourself.

The day included a cruise...sort of.  We took the St. Johns River ferry home, which avoids about a 30-minute drive to the nearest bridge over the river and back.  Pelicans and seagulls enjoying the day at the Mayport ferry dock.

IMG_1471.thumb.jpg.f74ea518d0909304bf400334e9cee86f.jpg

• Like 15

2 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Sitting in the hotel waiting to call an uber to head over to port.  Royal is texting me about how critical it is to adhere to my boarding time.

Started up my Live thread.  Feel free to pop in.  I’m trying to keep up with Andrew’s and Sue’s lives as well. Cheers 🍻 

I’m doing my best to stay on point but it’s going to hard this week. 

• Like 5