CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

16 hours ago, grapau27 said:

My thoughts too Andy regarding carpets.

Wowzz seemed interested so I posted a little information for him.

Pete would recognise these pictures.

Graham, thanks for posting the pictures.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scriv said:

Got my full refund to the credit card too - dated 11 May and  showed on card last night. Woo hoo 

They’re obviously on their way 👍 

Pleased for you Scriv and Mrsgoggins, it does (finally) appear that the one person left processing refunds has seemed to woken up and put a shift in.

Unfortunately, this morning I have snapped the vuvuzela and got ready to trash the whole pram, never mind the toys 😅 

Day 60 - nothing and now several days since my own (their words) "priority" case was escalated.  The supposed email from them has been lost in P&O cyberspace, another red herring.

Not that it will make much difference, as ABTA are essential the travel industry trade union, but time to get them involved I think.

There has been one example of collective force pushing them into limited action, this trend needs to continue.  Good luck to others, hope that your bank balances are restored soon too.

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:

Ha ha ha, and I thought I was a cynic.  I am one of the ones who was told (convincingly IMO) yesterday that my refund was processed on 12th May (to 2 credit cards; deposit and balance on different cards) ........ well, today the deposit is now back in my BA Amex account and it does show that it was processed on 12th 📣, but the much larger balance is not (yet) showing on the other.  Mind you, the other card is a Virgin one ......!  I'm sure it will be in very soon though .  

So almost there! 

Great that it is moving. 

Get your Virgin money back as soon as, before it gets added to this month's mortgage payment for Necker Island!!😅

• Haha 1

I received my refund in full yesterday back in to my credit card. I had a message telling me it was processed on 11 May, so obviously then takes a couple of days to show up in CC account. I think that now they have their system up and running, refunds will flow..

Now I haven’t been that happy about having to wait, but can see from what Paul Ludlow said yesterday that this has actually been a nightmare for them...as well as us. Their IT systems have never been that brilliant, and it is obvious that they were not geared up to do mass refunds, as let’s face it... how often do they cancel cruises On this scale that are already paid for? Whenever an organisation refunds money there will always be a process to follow, if nothing else to prevent fraud.  And... with lockdown as well, this has been a logistical nightmare as their poor staff have been working from home, probably many of them without the right IT.
Their communication has been very poor at times, and if nothing else they need to learn from that. Not helped by still sending out Marketing emails....been a bit like red rags to bulls! 

now, I am just looking forward to my next cruise in June 2021... fingers crossed.....

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Mysticalmother said:

I received my refund in full yesterday back in to my credit card. I had a message telling me it was processed on 11 May, so obviously then takes a couple of days to show up in CC account. I think that now they have their system up and running, refunds will flow..

Now I haven’t been that happy about having to wait, but can see from what Paul Ludlow said yesterday that this has actually been a nightmare for them...as well as us. Their IT systems have never been that brilliant, and it is obvious that they were not geared up to do mass refunds, as let’s face it... how often do they cancel cruises On this scale that are already paid for? Whenever an organisation refunds money there will always be a process to follow, if nothing else to prevent fraud.  And... with lockdown as well, this has been a logistical nightmare as their poor staff have been working from home, probably many of them without the right IT.
Their communication has been very poor at times, and if nothing else they need to learn from that. Not helped by still sending out Marketing emails....been a bit like red rags to bulls! 

now, I am just looking forward to my next cruise in June 2021... fingers crossed.....

That's great, today's refund rate seems to have beaten the previous attempts over all other days combined so far!  I do hope that your June 2021 holiday takes place with much less hassle.

They really have done themselves no favours with all the shenanigans and double-speak up front on this, by indicating to people that refunds have been happening from the get go - when the increasing evidence shows this not to be the case.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Graham, thanks for posting the pictures.

You are welcome Wowzz.

Hope they helped.

After 3 × 14 night cruises in a Junior suite or 6 ×14 nights in any other cabin type to get past 80 points you qualify for Diamond status when all the best loyalty benefits start like 3 and a half hours every night of free drinks in the loyalty lounge plus 3 free drinks elsewhere on the ship during this period.

No refund yet day 62.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Pleased for you Scriv and Mrsgoggins, it does (finally) appear that the one person left processing refunds has seemed to woken up and put a shift in.

Unfortunately, this morning I have snapped the vuvuzela and got ready to trash the whole pram, never mind the toys 😅 

Day 60 - nothing and now several days since my own (their words) "priority" case was escalated.  The supposed email from them has been lost in P&O cyberspace, another red herring.

Oh no, not the vuvuzela 📣😄.  I was hoping for a Zoom celebratory blow-along sometime soon!

Seriously, it is very, very frustrating and there does not appear to be a logical system with the refunds.  You do wonder if it is luck as to who processed it.  The young woman I spoke to was very quick and efficient (slight eastern European accent I think) and gave me the final digits of my credit card numbers they were refunding to, immediately she had taken me through security - unprompted.

I am taking comfort in the fact that my Virgin Mastercard is underwritten by MBNA and so hopefully my balance repayment is not on its way to Necker island 😎.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Great that it is moving. 

Get your Virgin money back as soon as, before it gets added to this month's mortgage payment for Necker Island!!😅

It’s OK he doesn’t own Virgin Money, the owners are CYBG a group founded by National Australia Bank on its exit from UK in 2015. CYBG stands for Clydesdale Yorkshire Banking Group. 

43 minutes ago, Scriv said:

Got my full refund to the credit card too - dated 11 May and  showed on card last night. Woo hoo 

They’re obviously on their way 👍 

Great news.

I emailed my bank details for Bacs to guest relations team leader Mon night so she will have got it on Tuesday morning so keeping a look out but nothing arrived yet.

Day 63.    Just spoken to P & O. Young lady could not tell me when my refund will be sent out. She did confirm I was down for a refund and it would be by check. She would not check with finance when it will be sent out and said Emaills were  being sent out daily to customers when refunds are sent out.

I am getting more impatient as time passes.

28 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Day 63.    Just spoken to P & O. Young lady could not tell me when my refund will be sent out. She did confirm I was down for a refund and it would be by check. She would not check with finance when it will be sent out and said Emaills were  being sent out daily to customers when refunds are sent out.

I am getting more impatient as time passes.

This is why I’m getting worried when I phoned they didn’t confirm mine was in the ‘refunds queue’ as it were. Just said It will be done if you filled in the online form. 
In my job I’ll say something should be done ‘but I’ll just check’ which I do.

Also I haven’t received an email either.

13 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

This is why I’m getting worried when I phoned they didn’t confirm mine was in the ‘refunds queue’ as it were. Just said It will be done if you filled in the online form. 
In my job I’ll say something should be done ‘but I’ll just check’ which I do.

Also I haven’t received an email either.

I can understand your concern, I was worried I had been put in the FCC pile. I did ask her to check for my piece of mind, and she did. Might be worth another call.

• Like 1

We claimed back on our credit card as fed up with the runaround. Money back onto our credit card within 4 hours!! Our TA (the ones that live in a ice house??!!) has been blaming P&O and vice versa. Not playing these games anymore. We have a balance to pay on another cruise and we will make sure we pay this with a credit card. I also know which TA I will be using when this is all over...not this TA. Our other TA refunded a cruise immediately.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

Not that it will make much difference, as ABTA are essential the travel industry trade union, but time to get them involved I think.

There has been one example of collective force pushing them into limited action, this trend needs to continue.  Good luck to others, hope that your bank balances are restored soon too.

Just to say I didn't get an email telling me the refund had been made - just saw that it was on the card, dated 11 May.  🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Manx buoy said:

Is it just pure coincidence that Ryland sends his little message out and a few people start getting refunds at the same time Which publishes criticism of the way P&O have been treating us

I saw that on Google news. It's a interesting piece by Which. I couldn't find a way to copy to the forum but you can find it on Which News if anyone's interested. It also mentioned 90 day refunds as well?? I really hope not.

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47

1 hour ago, Scriv said:

Just to say I didn't get an email telling me the refund had been made - just saw that it was on the card, dated 11 May.  🙂

I didn't get an email either - just told when I rang yesterday that it had been authorised the previous day.  So who is getting emails I wonder?  Maybe people who paid with credit card such as Scriv and me were not down to receive emails.

1 minute ago, mrsgoggins said:

I didn't get an email either - just told when I rang yesterday that it had been authorised the previous day.  So who is getting emails I wonder?  Maybe people who paid with credit card such as Scriv and me were not down to receive emails.

I'm not worrying about it - delighted to have the money. I don't need an email about it lol.

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I saw that on Google news. It's a interesting piece by Which. I couldn't find a way to copy to the forum but you can find it on Which News if anyone's interested. 

Avril 

I still believe that Carnival made a business decision a long time ago to delay refunds for 60 days and now that the time is up, the flood gates are starting to open. I hope everyone gets their refund soon - I expect you all will.

13 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I saw that on Google news. It's a interesting piece by Which. I couldn't find a way to copy to the forum but you can find it on Which News if anyone's interested. It also mentioned 90 day refunds as well?? I really hope not.

Avril 

Allow me Avril :classic_smile: Here's the link  

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/05/po-cruises-tells-passengers-owed-thousands-to-wait-three-months-for-cancelled-cruise-refunds/

PS never copy Avril just use a link as CC do not   allow other sites work to be copied onto here :classic_wink:

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kalos said:

Allow me Avril :classic_smile: Here's the link  

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/05/po-cruises-tells-passengers-owed-thousands-to-wait-three-months-for-cancelled-cruise-refunds/

PS never copy Avril just use a link as CC do not   allow other sites work to be copied onto here :classic_wink:

This article is not good reading for P&O. 

I'm pleased that articles such as this are showing them up against a relevant industry comparison, about time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

It’s OK he doesn’t own Virgin Money, the owners are CYBG a group founded by National Australia Bank on its exit from UK in 2015. CYBG stands for Clydesdale Yorkshire Banking Group. 

Thanks for this.  Probably a good idea in austere times like this to keep your money shored up in something to do with Yorkshire 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Am now at 65 days and still waiting.  Phoned up at the weekend and was told finance dept is not working, so phoned back today and then told they are not allowed to contact finance.  She said she would put another 'note on my file' which seems to mean nothing.  

Not impressed.   I cancelled my Cruise before P&O cancelled any and well before lockdown and was originally told 1-2 weeks.  Then up to 45 days.  Then up to 60 days.  Now at least 60 days.

Edited by mat5664

"Note on the file". Biggest fob off going.

Very pleased some people are getting their refunds. What would be dead helpful if people could post when they receive their Wonga when they applied for the refund and what the sail date and ship were.

It would help us poor schmucks who are waiting patiently like Billy Bunter for his postal order.