FCC for over 70 update

Announced today by Vicki Freed that Royal has updated their policy and will allow those over 70 that can’t sail to traNsfer their FCC to someone who can.  Assuming that this also would apply to those under 70 with medical conditions that prevent them from sailing. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Announced today by Vicki Freed that Royal has updated their policy and will allow those over 70 that can’t sail to traNsfer their FCC to someone who can.  Assuming that this also would apply to those under 70 with medical conditions that prevent them from sailing. 

If I’m not allowed to sail & this policy was not in place when I booked in September 2019 I want my $$$ back. 

• Like 14

Gotta love how Royal can figure out how to NOT give back any $$$😇  AND that answers the question as to whether the doctor note requirement will be going away anytime soon

Edited by molly361
  • Like 13

21 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What I have heard is that a parent can use a child's FFC, but those under 70 with medical conditions was not mentioned.

Kat

Does this mean possible future policy, that those Paxs that have reserves and are over 70 will not be able to sail unless cleared by an MD.  

If that is the case, RCL should/must refund deposits and/or any cruise fares that are fully paid without incurring any cancellation fees at it is a change in policy that were in place, when booked. 

• Like 8

53 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

If I’m not allowed to sail & this policy was not in place when I booked in September 2019 I want my $$$ back. 

Unfortunately sure its In small print, changes happen, no refunds. Good Luck... Might change again

51 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Gotta love how Royal can figure out how to NOT give back any $$$😇  AND that answers the question as to whether the doctor note requirement will be going away anytime soon

Sad but assumed Dr requirement wouldnt change for quite a while and it's not really a Royal policy

Edited by ONECRUISER

2 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Does this mean possible future policy, that those Paxs that have reserves and are over 70 will not be able to sail unless cleared by an MD.  

Until rescinded, that is the current policy, not a future one.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I know, but my question is this policy things to come and impact on cancellations.

I don't think anyone will know that until sailings resume and someone over 70 shows up at the pier without a note.

• Like 2

What MD is gonna sign a form stating that a pax 70 or more is "healthy" enough to sail on a cruise. Can you see the malpractice suits plus the lawsuits to the cruise company if a pax in that situation dies? Or "any" pax for that matter. If this policy becomes permanent cruise lines are gonna lose a ton of business.

Edited by WeLuvVacation
  • Like 8

46 minutes ago, molly361 said:

It’s there at least  as long as CLIA keeps it there as an industry standard. Royal is following CLIA’s recommendations 

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It’s there at least  as long as CLIA keeps it there as an industry standard. Royal is following CLIA’s recommendations 

Not just CLIA, but it seems its Asian counterpart has the same rule recommended for when sailings resume there.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, nelblu said:

If that is the case, RCL should/must refund deposits and/or any cruise fares that are fully paid without incurring any cancellation fees at it is a change in policy that were in place, when booked. 

Agree.  They changed the rules after the fact.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I wonder how many high tier C&A members fall into this category.

Asking for a friend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Biker, who wonders how long it will take for FCCs to make onto eBay and what the discount will be compared to face value.

CC needs to open a buy and sell page. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

The health policy also states that diabetics (any age) must provide a doctor's note.    My DH is a diabetic and always requests a sharps container to be in the room for proper disposal of his insulin needles.      Now, I can see a lot of diabetics that cannot get a note from DR will stop requesting the sharps containers so they won't know you are a diabetic.     Big trouble there.

This new rule that you can give your FCC to another person is definitely a sign, IMO, this Dr. note requirement isn't going away anytime soon and sad to say but that will force us to cancel 6 future cruises we have booked.    I am not about to loose all of the deposits we have made.    

Our children do not cruise and they don't have any interest in cruising so I have no idea who I would even pass my FCC's onto other than selling them on ebay as Biker19 said he could see happening.

I am not going to jump on cancelling any of these cruises just yet, but definitely not booking anymore no matter what specials they run.      

Let's hope they get a vaccine for this virus as that is the only hope I see for anyone with a medical condition or 70+ able to cruise again.

Stay Well Everyone!

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The health policy also states that diabetics (any age) must provide a doctor's note. 

Wasn't the point of the note to state that the person didn't have any underlying conditions that left them vulnerable to the disease, like heart disease or lung disease or diabetes? 

I thought that even controlled diabetes left someone vulnerable, and therefore wouldn't be allowed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WeLuvVacation said:

What MD is gonna sign a form stating that a pax 70 or more is "healthy" enough to sail on a cruise. Can you see the malpractice suits plus the lawsuits to the cruise company if a pax in that situation dies? Or "any" pax for that matter. If this policy becomes permanent cruise lines are gonna lose a ton of business.

We sign that people are allowed to participate in sports, attend work or school, go to camp, drive tractor trailers. I don't see a whole lot of difference. 

• Like 1