FCC for over 70 update

19 minutes ago, rabidstoat said:

Wasn't the point of the note to state that the person didn't have any underlying conditions that left them vulnerable to the disease, like heart disease or lung disease or diabetes? 

I thought that even controlled diabetes left someone vulnerable, and therefore wouldn't be allowed. 

Yes, a Diabetic would Not be allowed to cruise without a doctor's note.   My DH has been a type 2 diabetic for many years and has it well under control but as many have said, a Doctor is not going to write permission to cruise as they have to protect themselves and their malpractice insurance.     

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

CC needs to open a buy and sell page. 

Funny idea.  On NCL one of the rules specifically says no selling of next cruise certificates.  Lucky me got my two sold before that rule was enforced.

1 hour ago, vistapat said:

Was there any mention of extending the expiration date on the transferred FCC?

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No.

Thanks for the reply, Ken.  We're obviously in the category that cannot sail without a doctor signing Royal's form, and there isn't any way a doctor could say, "No, this patient doesn't have any of these conditions", since it wouldn't be true.  And the form I saw didn't seem to leave any place for an explanation that the conditions were well under control.  I would be happy (well, not happy, but willing) to pass the FCC on to our son and daughter-in-law, but they will have their own FCC from Celebrity, and would probably have difficulty cruising twice next year before they expired.  So, yes, a way for Royal to seem as though they're making concessions, while still making sure their purse strings are firmly closed.

Pat

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Not just CLIA, but it seems its Asian counterpart has the same rule recommended for when sailings resume there.

Also on our gov.uk website the UK government has a paragraph under travel and cruises that they recommend you do not go on a cruise if over 70 or with pre existing conditions at this present time 

11 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

We sign that people are allowed to participate in sports, attend work or school, go to camp, drive tractor trailers. I don't see a whole lot of difference. 

The point is that it was not required when the cruise was booked, so a refund should be in order, FCC is useless.  So far RCI has cancelled 4 cruises, I have cancelled 2 outside of final payment, and one cruise 5/17/20 out of Amsterdam is just waiting for RCI to cancel.  I expect refunds on all of them.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Rubber stamp ordered - Check

7 day to become a doctor online course signed up- Check

I'll be available to sign letters shortly for a small fee😇

image.jpeg.eef2008be3adb8ad2ef255b970661ef4.jpeg

really, sign me up!  I think the doctor's note is stupid.  People a lot younger have way more issues than some older people.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, LorraineP said:

If I’m not allowed to sail & this policy was not in place when I booked in September 2019 I want my $$$ back. 

Agree- I have a November cruise planned and my husband and I will have a problem with the doctor's release.  Final payment isn't due until August so there is time for this issue to be resolved, but I'm not holding my breath.  If we can't go, then I want my money back.

• Like 4

Will the cruiser actually give the Dr form to RC employee at check-in, to be copied or placed in a file?  Or just show it, then tuck it away?  If not kept by RC, am guessing many might use "shop-a-doc" for dr signature. Opinions?

2 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

Will the cruiser actually give the Dr form to RC employee at check-in, to be copied or placed in a file?  Or just show it, then tuck it away?  If not kept by RC, am guessing many might use "shop-a-doc" for dr signature. Opinions?

I am under the impression that you will need a new one every time you sail

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Announced today by Vicki Freed that Royal has updated their policy and will allow those over 70 that can’t sail to traNsfer their FCC to someone who can.  Assuming that this also would apply to those under 70 with medical conditions that prevent them from sailing. 

Sounds like another way to keep our $$$ as many of us don't have someone to transfer the FCC to. Did Vicki say anything about the content of the Dr's note, provide a link to the form, say if you have to have one for each cruise and how far in advance it needs to be signed? 

4 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Sounds like another way to keep our $$$ as many of us don't have someone to transfer the FCC to. Did Vicki say anything about the content of the Dr's note, provide a link to the form, say if you have to have one for each cruise and how far in advance it needs to be signed? 

Well dont think they were going give money back anyway, at least this change the Transfer of FCC is option

27 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Also on our gov.uk website the UK government has a paragraph under travel and cruises that they recommend you do not go on a cruise if over 70 or with pre existing conditions at this present time 

Yeah kind of ran that way. First was recommendation by Govt's, within week or so was changed to required Dr letter. Couple days later they stopped sailings

5 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

The link to the form is right on the website click on the banner at the top. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/rccl-approved-physician-letter.pdf

Edited by Ourusualbeach

5 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Well dont think they were going give money back anyway, at least this change the Transfer of FCC is option

I knew they weren't going to give $$$ back but if a person doesn't have someone to transfer the FCC to the FCC is lost and RCI doesn't have to pay it out. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Just now, suzyluvs2cruise said:

An option for those who have someone to transfer the FCC to. Not everyone has that option. 

Yes, but it’s an additional benefit that they don’t have to offer at all. It helps some people but not all. I wouldn’t expect them to provide options that benefit customers more than themselves. 

The other option is for them not to offer that at all. They could leave everyone in the original position of their contract, which is to lose non-refundable deposits, and get a percentage of the rest back on an FCC with an expiration date that can only be used by the person it’s issued to 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

An option for those who have someone to transfer the FCC to. Not everyone has that option. 

Agree, I know. At least this, it's a first from them

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 minute ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Yes, but it’s an additional benefit that they don’t have to offer at all. It helps some people but not all. I wouldn’t expect them to provide options that benefit customers more than themselves. 

The other option is for them not to offer that at all. They could leave everyone in the original position of their contract, which is to lose non-refundable deposits, and get a percentage of the rest back on an FCC with an expiration date that can only be used by the person it’s issued to 🤷‍♂️

I think this is about more than NRD and pertains to any FCC issued. 

1 minute ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I think this is about more than NRD and pertains to any FCC issued. 

The only people getting FCC’s are people who chose not to buy cancel for any reason insurance, or who live in New York and couldn’t buy it, or who were excited about the extra 25% they were getting and chose that over the cash refund. Am I leaving anyone out? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The link to the form is right on the website click on the banner at the top. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/rccl-approved-physician-letter.pdf

This form letter is just ridiculous.    Sad to say, but there are many deaths from covid 19 with people in various ages.   Alot of middle aged healthy men too.     

This letter states for 70 and older only.     What about people younger than 70 with diabetes or other diseases?    

Again, I am just going to remain hopeful that we have a vaccine for this virus in the very near future.

Or maybe we will all have to take the 15 minute antibody test (RapCov) before boarding cruise ship.   

57 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

We sign that people are allowed to participate in sports, attend work or school, go to camp, drive tractor trailers. I don't see a whole lot of difference. 

I bet they dont sign such a specific note. This person's kidneys are ok etc.

If it was a gernic letter no

Comparing apples to oranges. Maybe you haven't read the letter if you think same same.

The doctor's statement for people over 70 indicates this is about the Corona Virus affecting a list of chronic conditions. It used to say it would be in effect for 30 days.  I would never cruise before there is a vaccine, since the statistics for people over 70 ending up dead when they get this virus are not good. I cannot imagine my doctor would sign this right now.  

I am hoping this will go away after the vaccine is available. I would be taking the same medication I took when I was under 70 for the chronic condition I have. 

Edited by KansasK
clarification
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WeLuvVacation said:

What MD is gonna sign a form stating that a pax 70 or more is "healthy" enough to sail on a cruise. Can you see the malpractice suits plus the lawsuits to the cruise company if a pax in that situation dies? Or "any" pax for that matter. If this policy becomes permanent cruise lines are gonna lose a ton of business.

You can thank the ambulance chasers especially the few that haunt the cruise industry. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1