Why Won't RCCL Be Upfront ?

TBurr

Holland- America, Seabourn have all announced that all cruises are canceled through June 30. Carnival announced a delayed date also. Why can't RCCL just be upfront about the date and stop this game. I feel a lack of honesty and trust in RCCL for their games. Other lines are much more honest with the passengers. 

• Like 7

I think you are jumping the gun.  They just announced it today.  Once one cruise line announces it they all seem to follow.  If you remember, during the 1st stoppage Carnival was the last to announce their stoppage among all major cruise lines.  

Edited by whitshel
  • Like 4

Carnival announced until june 27th. Do you really believe carnival when they say they expect to sail june 27th. It's just another round of meaningless dates rcl will announce. Really what difference does it make? I'm betting rcl wants to know as bad as we do when they will cruise again. I dont get why you think rcl lacks honesty for not posting the impossible.   ..isnt the real question when we cruise again, not what the date is of the next round. Such drama about rcl honesty.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

If they are going to cancel through June ( and I am sure they will) I would like to know so I can apply for a refund for my May cruise and begin the process of getting a refund which seems to take a lot of time. I want to begin the process and have the money available for other uses. Just be upfront with me

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TBurr said:

If they are going to cancel through June ( and I am sure they will) I would like to know so I can apply for a refund for my May cruise and begin the process of getting a refund which seems to take a lot of time. I want to begin the process and have the money available for other uses. Just be upfront with me

From what I read they dont start the refund process until the date of your cruise, which you say is may. People who cancelled in march are still complaining they haven't received their refunds yet. Having them say its cancelled maybe gives you peace of mind ... unless you expect the refund or fcc any time soon. My April cruise is still showing... so it's not processed.

You will be lucky to get the refund 30 days after your cruise date, doesnt matter when its announced. Read some of the refund posts. 

13 minutes ago, TBurr said:

If your cruise is in May you probably won't get your refund until July or August. They're still working on March. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, TBurr said:

Carnival just did today. Royal was earlier then them last time. Is what it is

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TBurr said:

. I want to begin the process and have the money available for other uses. Just be upfront with me

Why weren't you upfront with us as to why you were so concerned? You made it sound like Royal was the bad person. When in reality, there are no bad persons. Just some who wish things would move faster.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

Oh for gods sake. Is it really a big deal if they announce it a day or two after the other lines?

My final payment date is today for my Celebrity cruise on 27th June, so I guess for people in a similar situation it is a big deal. I would rather have the deposit refunded in cash instead of FCC but don't want to have to pay the considerable balance on a cruise I know won't happen and just to get it back again sometime in the future. 

• Like 6

I'm glad we don't cruise spring/summer and only have some fall/winter deposit money with them right now.  I wouldn't be happy either if they were sitting on thousands of our dollars and it was looking like months to get it back.  They have so many things to overcome going forward(virus fear, quarantine fear, unemployment, retirement account losses).  I know they need the cash, but holding money like this is just one more way to lose future customers.

I wouldn't be making final payment on ANY cruise in the next few months.

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TBurr said:

Holland- America, Seabourn have all announced that all cruises are canceled through June 30. Carnival announced a delayed date also. Why can't RCCL just be upfront about the date and stop this game. I feel a lack of honesty and trust in RCCL for their games. Other lines are much more honest with the passengers. 

My TA  emailed me  and said that Royal was making their decision known today the 15th. being a day or two  later is no big deal. it probably is done so as to not overwhelm TAs who  have to sift through all their clients  and make contact.

10 hours ago, TBurr said:

Cdc can also rescind it anytime as well. Relax 

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

From what I read they dont start the refund process until the date of your cruise, which you say is may. People who cancelled in march are still complaining they haven't received their refunds yet. Having them say its cancelled maybe gives you peace of mind ... unless you expect the refund or fcc any time soon. My April cruise is still showing... so it's not processed.

You will be lucky to get the refund 30 days after your cruise date, doesnt matter when its announced. Read some of the refund posts. 

For what it is worth, I was told that the refund is processed 30 days after they received your reply to their question, "FCC @125% or refund.  I received my April 9 cancel notice March 14 and they received the request for my refund (according to their records) on March 17.  They said April 17 is the due date for my refund.  I was also told the refunds are done by hand, so to speak, one at a time.  Guess they have a lot of slow typists working the refund desk.

• Like 1

I made a final payment on my September cruise.  I don't care if RCCL has my money.  If the cruise is canceled I will move on.  60 days is a floating clock.  No one will really know what happens in the next 60 days.  I don't know if I will still be home working, or in my office working.  But 60 days is a floating magic number.  Anything outside the 60 days is going to be normal, until the 60 day mark passes a date.  All decisions are being made in a short window, and if you worry about outside that window, than you will be stressed.  Speculation does not work, or help.  I have enough TB to last 45 days, so hopefully I can find some to cover my 60 day floating window.

35 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

I made a final payment on my September cruise.  I don't care if RCCL has my money.  If the cruise is canceled I will move on.  60 days is a floating clock.  No one will really know what happens in the next 60 days.  I don't know if I will still be home working, or in my office working.  But 60 days is a floating magic number.  Anything outside the 60 days is going to be normal, until the 60 day mark passes a date.  All decisions are being made in a short window, and if you worry about outside that window, than you will be stressed.  Speculation does not work, or help.  I have enough TB to last 45 days, so hopefully I can find some to cover my 60 day floating window.

If you were not working at all then you might care a little bit more about whether RCI has your money or not.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

My final payment date is today for my Celebrity cruise on 27th June, so I guess for people in a similar situation it is a big deal. I would rather have the deposit refunded in cash instead of FCC but don't want to have to pay the considerable balance on a cruise I know won't happen and just to get it back again sometime in the future. 

You make a great point. It is easy to tell people to just sit back and relax when not being faced with a decision like yours. Some are acting like it is no big deal to have to send RCI a few thousand dollars for a service that, most likely, will not be provided. Yet it is perfectly fine for RCI to take its time getting refunds back to people because they are "busy". If RCI doesn't have to live by deadlines then they should relax the final payment deadlines for people in your position. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You make a great point. It is easy to tell people to just sit back and relax when not being faced with a decision like yours. Some are acting like it is no big deal to have to send RCI a few thousand dollars for a service that, most likely, will not be provided. Yet it is perfectly fine for RCI to take its time getting refunds back to people because they are "busy". If RCI doesn't have to live by deadlines then they should relax the final payment deadlines for people in your position. 

I've been wonderng this for a while now.

Wouldn't it be prudent of RCI to decrease the final payment dates on cruises to, I don't know, 30 days out? Perhaps people would hold out longer with their bookings if they weren't totally pot committed 90 days out or more.

Unless they're using final payments coming in to try to offset refunds going out right now, which is likely part of their business strategy.....

• Like 2