I'm starting to stress out!

Tntt

Ok my cruise is set to sail may 24th, it seems all the other cruise lines are cancelling through June but we are yet to hear from royal. I dont understand why they are even considering risking to resume sailing on may 12th.... I know that I have the option to cancel and receive FCC but due to me and my spouse jobs we can only vacation in may and the prices for 2021 are absolutely ridiculous. Even if we took the FCC we would still have to add money to the fare to even be able to cruise next year.... I'm getting really stressed out because I just dont feel comfortable sailing while this pandemic is going on but it seems royal is not going to cancel.....my spouse feels like we should just go in may and hope we are not exposed to covid but If this virus is contagious in asymptomatic people, no matter what type of precautions they claim they will take , all it takes is one asymptomatic person to board the ship and we all are exposed. If royal doesn't cancel this will tell me alot about their concern for their customers and I may not do business with them again..... is anyone else cruising in may trying to decide what to do.... advice.... I'm so stressed!!!!

• Like 1

OP 

They aren't sailing in May. So you can just forget it happening. I'm not sure what other cruise lines are waiting for but Carnival has cancelled ALL cruises until June 27th.

Is NCL and RCI still taking bookings yes, and it's for a money grab. They are using people's money , like an interest free loan.

Robbing Peter (pax) to pay Paul (cruise lines).

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Tntt said:

Ok my cruise is set to sail may 24th, it seems all the other cruise lines are cancelling through June but we are yet to hear from royal. I dont understand why they are even considering risking to resume sailing on may 12th.... I know that I have the option to cancel and receive FCC but due to me and my spouse jobs we can only vacation in may and the prices for 2021 are absolutely ridiculous. Even if we took the FCC we would still have to add money to the fare to even be able to cruise next year.... I'm getting really stressed out because I just dont feel comfortable sailing while this pandemic is going on but it seems royal is not going to cancel.....my spouse feels like we should just go in may and hope we are not exposed to covid but If this virus is contagious in asymptomatic people, no matter what type of precautions they claim they will take , all it takes is one asymptomatic person to board the ship and we all are exposed. If royal doesn't cancel this will tell me alot about their concern for their customers and I may not do business with them again..... is anyone else cruising in may trying to decide what to do.... advice.... I'm so stressed!!!!

Take a deep breath.   You won’t be cruising in May.  I would bet my house on it.

Just assume it’s cancelled as it pretty much is and wait for them to cancel it so you can get your refund.

There is zero chance you are cruising in May.

• Like 3

Yeah, like others, I wouldn't worry that you'll be cruising. I'd cancel flights (if you have them) and hotels and all the other things because Royal will be cancelling your cruise soon enough. Also, were I you, I'd opt for the cash refund as soon as they tell you its canceled.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Expect an announcement today.  They won’t be sailing.  They made reference on a webinar for TA’s Yesterday 

hey beach.  On the webinar did they mention at all when cruising could possibly resume?  I know my May 17 cruise will be cancelled but don’t want to put more money down on a last week of sept/first week of oct cruise if those won’t happen either.  I’d rather just eat my airfare and call it a day.  

I have a NRD on a Sep 26 cruise... no way I'm giving them any more money. They really have no idea at this point when they'll be cruising again. I canceled my Cruise Planner purchases for that Sep 26 cruise Apr 4 (and they were really good deals!) and waiting for the refunds.

4 minutes ago, dominicr said:

hey beach.  On the webinar did they mention at all when cruising could possibly resume?  I know my May 17 cruise will be cancelled but don’t want to put more money down on a last week of sept/first week of oct cruise if those won’t happen either.  I’d rather just eat my airfare and call it a day.  

Vicki said they are hoping for August in Barcelona. They mentioned only cancelling 30 days at a time due to how fluid the situation is.

I’d wait until after final payment to  book anything for this year. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Tntt said:

Wait a couple of days. They will cancel and you will get a spot in line for a refund. 

22 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Vicki said they are hoping for August in Barcelona. They mentioned only cancelling 30 days at a time due to how fluid the situation is.

I’d wait until after final payment to  book anything for this year. 

Thanks

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

OP 

They aren't sailing in May. So you can just forget it happening. I'm not sure what other cruise lines are waiting for but Carnival has cancelled ALL cruises until June 27th.

Is NCL and RCI still taking bookings yes, and it's for a money grab. They are using people's money , like an interest free loan.

Robbing Peter (pax) to pay Paul (cruise lines).

More like Peter (pax) to pay Paul (previous pax refunds)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I also have a Royal Cruise May 24 and then another on May 31.  I just consider them cancelled in my head and heart but am waiting them out.  If it gets to one week before I might cancel myself and take the FCC but I am really holding out for a refund because I am not sure when I want to start cruising again.   I know it is hard and patience is not my virtual but you & I both need to wait it out.

• Like 1

OP, wait until Royal cancels.  Don't get stressed.

Even if ship wanted to sail the ports are not likely to be open in May.  So when your cruise is cancelled they will likely offer either 125% on cruise as a future credit or 100% back to your credit card.  Latest round also offered 125% onboard credit or 100% back for Cruise Planner purchases.  If you don't think you will be sailing next year you should take the refund.  But just because current costs for next year are high doesn't mean they will stay that way.  More ships plus a public that is scared of sailing could easily bring the costs down.  

Personally I agree with your husband - I would sail if the ship does.  But I expect my end of June sailing to be cancelled and less than 50/50 chance for my end of August cruises (booked with FCCs to replace my April/May cancellations).

Edited by LeeW
more

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Go out for a walk and enjoy nature.

If you are a high risk person or come home to a high risk person, please speak to your physician before taking that walk.  Shelter in place  (if you can) until the end of April is what I have heard from the government.  

6 minutes ago, Newleno said:

Shelter in place  (if you can) until the end of April is what I have heard from the government.  

The problem with that is that you will be tempted to read CC and stress out even further - the stress may cause more damage than a walk outside (obviously, away from others).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

The line forms behind me. 

No reason to wait on their ridiculous line for a refund.  Just dispute the charge with your credit card.  When they cancel it will be for services not received.  No need to wait for them to decide when they want to refund your money.  

• Haha 1

When you ask your creditcard to make refund, I Think They Will say you have to wait and see if you get the money from the Company. I Don t know How long I have to wait before I Can Go back to my creditcard Company and ask for money back....

7 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

When you ask your creditcard to make refund, I Think They Will say you have to wait and see if you get the money from the Company. I Don t know How long I have to wait before I Can Go back to my creditcard Company and ask for money back....

Yeah, I agree.  I don't think the chargeback to the credit card is the way to go yet.  It is understandable that the refunds will not be immediate.  Also, I (and am guessing many others do as well) have multiple payments made to pay for the cruise.