When will RC cancel the rest of June?

Most other lines have canceled into July and Carnival's bookings for the last week of June and July have disappeared. When will Royal cancel the rest of June? 

We are booked on the Enchantment on 19 June and 100% believe that it will be canceled. If they do go ahead and sail will the Enchantment be one of the ships they put out as a trial for their new protocols?

5 minutes ago, hulksmash said:

Most other lines have canceled into July and Carnival's bookings for the last week of June and July have disappeared. When will Royal cancel the rest of June? 

We are booked on the Enchantment on 19 June and 100% believe that it will be canceled. If they do go ahead and sail will the Enchantment be one of the ships they put out as a trial for their new protocols?

Mid May would be my guess for next round of cancellations. 

5 minutes ago, hulksmash said:

Based on the fact they announced their plan on starting to transfer crew to various ships in the coming week and it will take the month of may to get them home.  I suspect they will announce next round of cancellations in coming week or so.

4 minutes ago, hulksmash said:

More like when are they going to cancel the rest of the year.

Do you think they would be spending all this $$$ chartering airplanes / sailing their ships across the globe to get their employees off if they thought cruising was resuming soon?  CDC isn't going to allow cruising for a long time folks.  

• Like 5

I guess that CCL is in a better financial position to cancel and refund cruises further in advance than Royal Caribbean.

Honestly why should they cancel if people are willing to book cruises and sail.  There are still people posting about the great deals they are getting on the Oasis in August and September out of Cape Covid New Jersey.🙄    Floridians would jump on the first cruise out of Florida if it left tomorrow. Royal has nothing to lose by not canceling and all too much to gain. Also you can't sell drink packages, dining packages, WiFi or cabanas for canceled cruises.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I guess that CCL is in a better financial position to cancel and refund cruises further in advance than Royal Caribbean.

Honestly why should they cancel if people are willing to book cruises and sail.  There are still people posting about the great deals they are getting on the Oasis in August and September out of Cape Covid New Jersey.🙄    Floridians would jump on the first cruise out of Florida if it left tomorrow. Royal has nothing to lose by not canceling and all too much to gain. Also you can't sell drink packages, dining packages, WiFi or cabanas for canceled cruises.

Very good point.

19 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I wonder if Carnivals decision to stop selling them was to stop people from booking cruises that they were going to be cancelled just to get the $600 OBC

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I wonder if Carnivals decision to stop selling them was to stop people from booking cruises that they were going to be cancelled just to get the $600 OBC

I didn't know they were doing that. That's a good point. 

43 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

More like when are they going to cancel the rest of the year.

Do you think they would be spending all this $$$ chartering airplanes / sailing their ships across the globe to get their employees off if they thought cruising was resuming soon?  CDC isn't going to allow cruising for a long time folks.  

That is not correct. They have to take crew home because by law they may not stay on board longer than 12 months and many have reached the maximum time allowed. However, this is not related to the time they assume it takes to start cruising again. It will not be easy to bring new crew on board once cruising and traveling will be allowed again.but governments now start to understand that seamen are also critical people for the supply chains around the world (more with focus on cargo ship crews of course) and that they must find ways to take crew back and force again soon. Cargo ships provide the same critical support for all people during this crisis as truck drivers and other logistic people. This needs to be understood by all politicians and scientists soon!

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Now who the heck would be something like that??😇

• Haha 3

I would really like to know if my July 25 cruise is a go or no-go.

(Yes, I know there are more serious issues in the world right now such as the importance of dolphin-free tuna, et al.)

Edited by soremekun
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, soremekun said:

I would really like to know if my July 25 cruise is a go or no-go.

Probably no-go but RCI won't tell you for a while.

Biker, who thinks RCI's next set of cancellation might be up to the end of the CDC no sail order.

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Based on the fact they announced their plan on starting to transfer crew to various ships in the coming week and it will take the month of may to get them home.  I suspect they will announce next round of cancellations in coming week or so.

Happens quick. Carnival got 19 ships together couple days ago, changed ships and on their way home. Royal ships to EU a week and done, Asian Members Chartered Flights not by ship. 

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am thinking the same, with sending crew home, they will not be sailing in June.  🙁   Sure hope that by the fall we will be cruising again.    I do want to get back on a ship, we cannot isolate forever!   I am going to die one day, I don't know when, how or where, but I want to go on living until that time.   I could be in a traffic accident, hit by lightning, heart attack, etc.  No one is getting out of here alive, until then I want to live, and cruising is something I love to do!     My friend is a cashier in a grocery store, dealing with this virus everyday, yet no one in her store has gotten the virus.   As soon as the ships start to sail, she is ready to be on one.  Wash your hands, don't touch your face, use hand santizier, but go on living.   

• Like 2

Carnival just cancelled all cruises up till the end of July. Not all ships will start August 1st. For a 6th time now I have had cruises cancelled. First one last year for a Hurricane, one it will not be ready to sail and 4 others, the virus. Now I am wondering if my Royal cruise for Sept 21st will be a go or no go. 🤞

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Of course they are going to cancel because if they don't there are no open destinations for them to go to.

That may be true for the USA,  but very possibly not true for the rest of the world.  Greece announced a few minutes ago that it is preparing for the summer tourist season. France has opened it's borders to EU citizens with no quarantine requirements,  Italy and Spain continue to  relax restrictions.  And,  please keep in mind that the US CDC has no authority outside US territory. 

17 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Probably no-go but RCI won't tell you for a while.

Biker, who thinks RCI's next set of cancellation might be up to the end of the CDC no sail order.

Isn't that third week or so of July?  So many changes...hard to keep up.  

6 hours ago, crazyank said:

That may be true for the USA,  but very possibly not true for the rest of the world.  Greece announced a few minutes ago that it is preparing for the summer tourist season. France has opened it's borders to EU citizens with no quarantine requirements,  Italy and Spain continue to  relax restrictions.  And,  please keep in mind that the US CDC has no authority outside US territory. 

And Italy announced yesterday that they’re going to start allowing EU tourism with international to start soon.