The Daily for Saturday May 9, 2020

richwmn

today is American Indian Day and Lost Sock Memorial Day

Concept, n.:
    Any "idea" for which an outside consultant billed you more than $25,000.

Meal suggestion for today - Turkey Meat Loaf

At Sea Atlantic
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Cape Town South Africa eta 5/12
Nieuw Statendam destination Rotterdam eta 5/12
Rotterdam destination Cape Town eta 5/19
Veendam destination Cape Town eta 5/21
Volendam destination Cape Town South Africa 5/11
Zaandam destination Rotterdam eta 5/12
Zuiderdam destination Walvis Bay eta 5/19
Marine Traffic shows San Antonio Chile as Zaandam's destination but she
is sailing in the same general area as Nieuw Statendam so I left the
destination as Rotterdam

At Sea Pacific
Koningsdam destination Puerto Vallarta eta 5/13
Maasdam destination Labuan Malaysia eta 5/27
Noordam destination Manila 5/23
Westerdam destination Manila eta 5/23

La Paz Anchorage
Oosterdam

Manila Anchorage
Eurodam

At Sea Indian Ocean
Amsterdam destination Manila eta 5/12

all0509.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the daily report.  Meatloaf sounds good to me!  
Today is a good day.  Happy to report that March excursion cancellation credits appeared on my credit card this morning.  

Edited by Crazy For Cats
Verbiage
  • Like 5

Good Morning Rich, my sweet sisters, and all Daily-ites.

Rich thanks for the report, WOW and the menu suggestion. Do you ever make the meals you suggest? Meatloaf sounds great!

Today is due to be 72. I hardly believe it will be, but I am full of hope. Lots of birds tweeting and squawking out there.

Seriously, does anyone ever find their sock once it goes missing?  

Have a fabulous, sunny, happy, safe and healthy day! God Bless!

• Like 2

Thank you Rich for the Daily report.

No lost socks here.  Maybe I should bring out the Indian peace pipe that was given to my great grandparents when my grandmother was born in a covered wagon on an Indian reservation somewhere in Kansas.

I'll pass on the turkey meat loaf -- having salads.

Saw some snow flakes at dinner time last evening.  We are having colder weather now than we had in January and February.  

• Like 3

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Good morning my CC Sisters & fellow Daily-ites!

Remember yesterday was “no sock” day. Well all those missing socks have not returned from their day off, yet. Check back tomorrow.

Tonight is takeout day from my local Mexican restaurant. I did not have anything Mexican in the 5th, so I am going to make up for it tonight.

KK, how cool to have such a memento. 

Rich, thank you again for keeping up with the challenges of figuring out if the ships are really where they say they are.

Stay well everyone!

• Like 1

Yippee!

Just wanted to tell my sisters and Daily-ites we received our 2nd week of our 6 week cruise refund! The laundry, bev. pkg, and cruise itself from March 14th. Hoping to see our 4 week Hawaii/Tahiti refund from the March 21st cancellation. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the report.  Zaandam can't seem to ever get San Antonio our of her AIS system.  Sadly, I have a huge collection of lost socks.  Don't care for meatloaf but I have turkey for dinner as well as turkey sausage for breakfast.

Roy

• Like 1

Thanks for the Daily!  I am a Metis woman, so can partially claim that it's my day - although Mother's Day is tomorrow, so I shouldn't milk this one too much!  Re: lost socks - last week we went through the "Home For Single Socks" tub and tossed about 29 socks that have taken up residence there.  Sure enough, a couple of days later we separated the washer and dryer to clean behind them, and found mates for 3 of them.    Not sure what we'll have for dinner tonight, we have lots of leftovers to eat - as well as a plethora of my Sunny Summertime Pasta Salad - so it will be leftover night.  And wine.

Oh, by the way, it's snowing here right now . . . enjoy the weekend, everyone!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the update.  It was good to hear that Canadian and US crew/staff on board the K were allowed to debark yesterday.  Others on the Princess ship debarked in Port Everglades.  Love meat loaf, but tonight it's burgs for us.

58 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Yippee!

Just wanted to tell my sisters and Daily-ites we received our 2nd week of our 6 week cruise refund! The laundry, bev. pkg, and cruise itself from March 14th. Hoping to see our 4 week Hawaii/Tahiti refund from the March 21st cancellation. 

Great news, Joy! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Yippee!

Good news Joy!!

yesterday we got our credit back of all my purchases on board. Checked my HAL account and accurate. Next week I will receive all my monies back to American Express told by PCC on 5/15!

HAL is coming through slowly!

Hope it gets to 72 today for you!

Have a great day.

Denise😊

• Like 2

Good morning Rich!!!!

Lost socks?? LOL saw that and looked in our closet where I have a small basket of lost socks🙄 Not a fan at all of any kind of meat loaf. We have left overs from our Italian take out tonight!

I see The Rotterdam is heading to Cape Town! We have always wanted to cruise there!

Thanks for keeping our Daily going everyday! You hear it all the time Rich but I will say it again THANKYOU ALWAYS!

Denise😊

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Good news Joy!!

yesterday we got our credit back of all my purchases on board. Checked my HAL account and accurate. Next week I will receive all my monies back to American Express told by PCC on 5/15!

HAL is coming through slowly!

Hope it gets to 72 today for you!

Have a great day.

Denise😊

Great news, Denise! Yours and Joy’s were some of the first that were stopped, so this is encouraging for everyone waiting for credit/refund.

• Like 1

Good morning, Rich,

Within 15 minutes of my first sip of coffee, we experienced a snow burst.  It only lasted about 5 minutes and didn't really leave any visible snow on the ground but not something you want to have in May.  We yearn for some spring weather.

Socks--yes, they do show up every now and then.  One of my knee high socks had been held in my husband's pant leg (with static electricity) and it didn't work its way down to the cuff until he was walking into his office.

Meatloaf was yesterday--for lunch in a meatloaf sandwich.  Yummy.  

Thinking about all the empty ships and wondering what life must be like for those on board tasked with taking care of them until such time as we can safely cruise again.

Thanks, Rich.  We enjoy your post each day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good morning, all, and thank you, Rich for the Daily. 🙂  Things seem to be settling down in the fleet world, and they will go into hibernation for a while now.

We are supposed to break a record here today and go up to 25 (around 80 in another world) so I have taken one of my precious steaks out of the freezer and Pat will barbecue this evening.  

DS and his partner have been called back to work next week, and it appears we may be puppy-sitting their new shi tzu (?sp.).  Our new granddog looks very sweet, so I will probably be posting pictures.  An alternative to cruising!

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 2