Here is some really good news

22 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

I do find it interesting in both our cases royal canceled you got yours, even for cruises after mine. So I'm guessing they are not going in date order. Are they going by ship?? Or perhaps our name in alphabetic order if our middle initial. Lol

Maybe by dollar amount, lowest to highest? 😉

Or C&A status, point value, lowest to highest.  The thinking that the most loyal cruisers won't mind waiting while the new customer they just lured over from Carnival or NCL, they want to impress with efficiency of effort.**

**yeah, I know.....I was laughing as I typed that.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Another thought:

Those of you who had earlier cruises than mine, that haven't been refunded yet:

Did you ask for your refund by calling or by clicking on a link in the notification email?

How did you cancel yours?  I did the clicking link the day the cancellation was extended to June 11 & have not received any emails or refunds. 

We cancelled our May 15th a week before our May 21 Adventure was cancelled  by RCI (b2b).  Our May 15th had an itinerary change from NE/Canada to Bermuda so we were offered a refund or FCC and then a week later, RCI cancelled cruises into June.  We're going to check our credit card account tonight to see if it's refunded.  Then, I get to wait on the check from our MC.  I have a bill that's due in early June, but I'm not going to pay if it they've credited the account.  Why give BOA more money to sit on for a month?

Edited by BND

12 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

How did you cancel yours?  I did the clicking link the day the cancellation was extended to June 11 & have not received any emails or refunds. 

That's what I did.  Oh well, there goes that theory.  😏

I called to cancel mine.  I will call again tomorrow.  It’s been 36 business days since I asked for a refund.  I did use 2 credit cards.  I’m wondering if that’s makes it more difficult.  I can’t think of any excuse that’s reasonable except they are using my money as long as they can. They now have money to pay all of us back.

5/2 and 5/17 cruises I requested a refund immediately after RCI cancelled, got the letter two weeks ago then the letter on 5/6 saying would have the refund processed last week, will get the refund this week.  Nothing yet.  Got my 5/1 Tampa hotel room refund yesterday in full.  Two other September cruises paid in full also cancelled 3/19/20, nothing back yet.

Just got my refund for the Freedom OTS cruise we should be on right now (5/10 departure), having booked an OS....

Good news: I probably won't have to make a credit card payment for many, many months.

Bad News: I'd really rather be cruising right now with blender drink in hand, but instead I'm stuck in the cold, cold northeast.

Thankful that RCI didn't just go bankrupt.... 

Edited by Booth44

35 minutes ago, Kteacher said:

Our refund request was done online, and we received a reference number in the initial email that stated our refund would be received within 30 days. 

Never got any emails. Just clicked the link on their website shortly after the announcement. I did take a picture of each step, the last step just said request has been submitted & my reservation number & would receive refund within 45 days of date requested. 

6 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Each cruise had four separate amounts posted to my CC.

Can you figure any rhyme or reason for how they calculated the 4 separate refund amounts?  This is the part of the refund process that has me scratching my head.

30 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Can you figure any rhyme or reason for how they calculated the 4 separate refund amounts?  This is the part of the refund process that has me scratching my head.

I can only guess.  Since I had four cruises, and there were sixteen refunds, I can't even match them up to the correct cruise.  😲

If it were three, I would guess port fees/taxes + commissionable cruise fare + noncommissionable cruise fare.  But the amounts don't justify separate amounts for ports fees AND taxes.  So, I just don't know.  And no, none of the amounts were deposit amounts.

• Thanks 1

I was supposed to be on the Symphony April 25th.  When they emailed me I accepted the 125% and then I waited.

I got the FCC a week ago but have not gotten the credit to my card for tips and tax.

But worst yet, I am waiting for HAL to refund the cruise they cancelled for June and the amount 4k.  I am hearing they will take 60-90 days and won't start process until the week of the original sail date.

Lots of angry folks on HAL threads.  RCI is doing a better job but I supposed I will call to check out my $233.

I will say American Airlines and WDW Parks give the fastest refunds.