Royal Caribbean suspended through July 31, 2020

Royal Caribbean Sailing Suspension Update

Dear valued Travel Partners,

Royal Caribbean® remains committed to providing you and your clients with the support and service necessary to navigate these extraordinary times. With health and safety at the forefront, we are committed to doing our part to combat the COVID-19 pandemic and have therefore confirmed that the suspension of all cruise operations is now extended through July 31, 2020. This decision is in alignment with guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and will allot ample time to further develop our comprehensive return to service measures to protect our guests and crew as we adapt to a “new tomorrow.”

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

The only thing surprising about this is why did it take so long to announce what most people already knew was likely. 

They are hold down the curve of issuing refunds and FCC's

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

We have never had to do this before so have a question.  Now that our June Med cruise is cancelled do we have to wait until we get the e-mail on 6/30 about FCC or could it be available now to be able to call and apply it to a different Med cruise we found for next summer that is a little longer than this was going to be ?

6 minutes ago, CynBeth6 said:

We have never had to do this before so have a question.  Now that our June Med cruise is cancelled do we have to wait until we get the e-mail on 6/30 about FCC or could it be available now to be able to call and apply it to a different Med cruise we found for next summer that is a little longer than this was going to be ?

Book it before the prices go up too much.....

32 minutes ago, CynBeth6 said:

Unless the FCC covered the entire price you would have to put down a new deposit anyway so you might as well book it before the FCC is issued.  It will probably 30 to 45 days to be issued.

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

The only thing surprising about this is why did it take so long to announce what most people already knew was likely. 

1. Hold onto money as long as possible before having to start refund process and get as many final payments in as possible from people holding out hope that didn't cancel already.

2. Waiting a little longer than previous because they didn't want to make negative announcement on one day and then negative announcement about losses at earnings call only a few days later

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mek said:

And next will be August 31, and then September 30, then October 31, then November 30 ....................

I have a deposit on a November cruise with final payment due in August. My options seem to be to cancel and lose deposit, make final payment and take cruise if it sails or get a fcc if it is cancelled. 

Another question is will the Caribbean ports on the itinerary be open or will it end being a cruise to RCI private islands.

Time will tell.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Houndfish said:

I have a deposit on a November cruise with final payment due in August. My options seem to be to cancel and lose deposit, make final payment and take cruise if it sails or get a fcc if it is cancelled. 

Another question is will the Caribbean ports on the itinerary be open or will it end being a cruise to RCI private islands.

Time will tell.

Well silver lining (at least for me)....cruising to the private islands is preferable to some of the ports ;).

Especially if do enjoy the beach/water sport/activities.....

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Houndfish said:

Time will tell.

So do I - on Oasis.  Final payment isn't due until mid August, so I am just waiting to see what happens over the next couple of months.  At the end of the day I will probably take Lift and Shift and wait until next year.

1 hour ago, Houndfish said:

Time will tell.

We're wondering if booking a November 28 sailing makes any sense at this point.   Or do we wait until they actually start sailing and see how it goes?   Very torn.    We want to sail again, but are hesitant simply because of the unknowns at this time.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Then January 31,2021.

Just maybe by then we will have some effective therapeutics that will prevent people from getting to the critical stage and even having to go to the hospital.  I know that would be a game changer for me.  

You folks that think there will be no cruises till next year are being foolish.....if there are no cruises till then....there will not EVER be anymore cruises. you have to have financial ability to run a cruise company. by then there will be none left!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, COCKYMARK said:

You folks that think there will be no cruises till next year are being foolish.....if there are no cruises till then....there will not EVER be anymore cruises. you have to have financial ability to run a cruise company. by then there will be none left!

It is solely my opinion .We live in a society that allows freedom to have opinions.

At this point, with the updates they have made to CWC, I wish they would just increase FCC to 125% since that might make it an easier decision to cancel before final payment since that seems to be what those of us with Sept/Oct/Nov cruises are hanging on for.  Unfortunately, that is also what they don't want to happen.  The waiting will continue..........

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CynBeth6 said:

Can't you use the "List and Shift" option to move the booking to next year at the same pricing?