Do you want cruising to return to what it was?

Simple yes, hopefully cruising will return to the pleasant experience we all remember.  I am delaying cruising again til 2022 to see if that happens.    When I think about how air travel has changed to an unpleasant experience before the virus due to terrorist issues, I hope cruising remains a pleasant experience.  I avoid air travel as much as possible... would hate to find I feel the same about cruising in the future.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pris993 said:

Simple yes, hopefully cruising will return to the pleasant experience we all remember.  I am delaying cruising again til 2022 to see if that happens.    When I think about how air travel has changed to an unpleasant experience before the virus due to terrorist issues, I hope cruising remains a pleasant experience.  I avoid air travel as much as possible... would hate to find I feel the same about cruising in the future.  

I share you concern and I am also targeting 2022 as the earliest I expect cruising has much chance to return to normal.  If it's a "new normal" like air travel has become, it'll probably be something I avoid.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, drsel said:

Don't worry, All this will pass in time just like the Spanish flu, World war 1, World war 2, the Great depression, 9/11 and the global financial crisis.

All of which brought change.  Face it, nothing stays the same.  Newton said that if there is an action there will be a reaction and then a new balance might be achieved for a while, until that too is shifted.

Sure, this too will pass, easy does it but do it, change is inevitable.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, drsel said:

Don't worry, All this will pass in time just like the Spanish flu, World war 1, World war 2, the Great depression, 9/11 and the global financial crisis.

It will go away!!!

I am also certain it will at somepoint, the question how many people will die that didn't need to, how many economies and lives will be littered in the wake before it does?

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I would like my life to return to the way it was in 2015.

What specifically about 2015 as opposed to 2014 or 2016?

For me that was a mixed year.

Good---I was able to attend my high school class' 50th reunion. We went to Paris and Amsterdam landing in Paris on our wedding anniversary.

Bad---I broke my ankle at Jones Beach at an air show on Memorial Day Weekend. Also we did not do a cruise that year.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

What specifically about 2015 as opposed to 2014 or 2016?

For me that was a mixed year.

Good---I was able to attend my high school class' 50th reunion. We went to Paris and Amsterdam landing in Paris on our wedding anniversary.

Bad---I broke my ankle at Jones Beach at an air show on Memorial Day Weekend. Also we did not do a cruise that year.

In 2016 the......hit the fan.That was the last time i ever crossed a street by myself.

My high school stopped having reunions for a specific graduating year after the 50th

.Now they have all years reunions in Florida but people do not seem to be interested any more.I stopped after 3 reunions.My wife stopped after 1 (different school).

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

In 2016 the......hit the fan.That was the last time i ever crossed a street by myself.

My high school stopped having reunions for a specific graduating year after the 50th

.Now they have all years reunions in Florida but people do not seem to be interested any more.I stopped after 3 reunions.My wife stopped after 1 (different school).

My class was supposed to have their 55th this year here in Monticello. The virus cancelled it. If it were not for the virus I still would have missed it as they scheduled it for the weekend we would have been on a cruise. As a matter of fact we should be in Norway now!

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

My class was supposed to have their 55th this year here in Monticello. The virus cancelled it. If it were not for the virus I still would have missed it as they scheduled it for the weekend we would have been on a cruise. As a matter of fact we should be in Norway now!

The first reunion I went to was my 40th.A woman entered the room and in a very loud voice said “Hi everyone,I’m Gay”.She saw the look on peoples faces and replied that she was GAY....Her first name.When we were in HS being gay meant being happy.😀

On 6/27/2020 at 8:28 AM, drsel said:

Wondering if the prices will drop still further, (after 4 price drops)

I don't think you will see a dramatic drop in prices. Those of us on these boards are a small segment of the cruising population. I would say for every one person on these boards who say they will NOT cruise in 2021, there are five who will want to cruise in 2021.

People are eager to get their lives started again. Here in San Diego I am seeing tons of tourists at local touristy spots like Balboa Park and the SD Zoo.

If the ships book at 75% capacity, you will see cruises sell out fast once the CDC says it's okay to resume cruising again.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, clo said:

Yes. Two crew members who were both hospitalized.

Too bad. It may just be that even the current very limited return to cruise activity is at risk.  Development, and wide application, of an effective vaccine may be a necessary pre-requisite to the return of cruising (unless, of course, in the absence of such a vaccine, COVID runs it course through the entire human population and culls those susceptible, leaving the fortunate majority who do not suffer serious effects, free to return to life as it was pre-COVID). 

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

The other day you said NEVER. So which is it 2022 or NEVER.

I suffer from early dementia and I cannot always remember what I post.

I do not believe that cruising as we know it will ever return .However,I can see an attempt in 2022.Similiar to MLB starting last week and may end tomorrow.

If that happens I guess we could all go to Monticello to see the horse races.I was there often to watch an owner/driver who I knew.