Captains Club Customer Service Non Existent

dabear

2 hours ago, sippican said:

Well I guess that's me and in addition to  being a terrible speller, I guess I'm guilty of some other crime?

No, not you!

Me maybe, yet certainly not you...

bon voyage

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Who ? ME ?????? 

Ok,  Forget what I said in that post about coming on too strong on the poster. 

LOL---Isn't CC fun when all it takes is the cost of a drink charged to your $900 OBC  to become " Buddies " again ??

I'm Elite Plus - I'm just going to sneak you one of my free drinks during cocktail hour, lol!

4 minutes ago, sippican said:

I'm Elite Plus - I'm just going to sneak you one of my free drinks during cocktail hour, lol!

Well, for that I will have to up it one and take him into The Retreat for cocktails.... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sippican said:

SINCE WE'RE ALSO ON THE GULF COAST,

Since we're also on the gulf coast in the winter, just send us a gift certificate for drinks at the Ritz in Naples.LOL

• Haha 1

I hate to keep repeating myself on the boards but I just don't get this. 

Every time I read one of these threads I wonder why everyone does this. Why are you not using a TA? They work for free so why not use them. Then you make one call to that person and they get to sit on hold, not you. They deal with the cruise lines, the airlines, the hotels. BTW: I am talking about a TA that you know and trust, not an online or discount store agent that you may never be able to reach again.

If anything this crisis in travel has taught me, using a TA is the smart way to go. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

Thanks for the suggestion. But I wasn’t aggravated, I actually was reading some great threads on CC. 😁

And the TV was on but muted.

haha...most TV shows SHOULD BE MUTED, but I'm hooked on old movies now...as for threads, some would say there aren't any except complaints.  I learn so much from other posters that DH is tired of hearing about CC!  Past 2 days I learned about a sale coming up the next day...contacted my CVP (no hold waiting but email) and she said she had to wait to find out about the program (CCers knew).... next day she sent an updated confirmation with the new promo attached and no loss of one of the perks which I'd said I'd gladly give up.  Great customer service...and I don't think it's in who you are, but how you approach...LOL.  Like your sign-on BTW.

Edited by oceangoer2
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Well, for that I will have to up it one and take him into The Retreat for cocktails.... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

Not sure..don't you have to pay for guests beverages?  Never tried it, but I'm somewhat daring and next time I'll pick up a thirsty guest and 'smuggle' them into the 'retreat'...LOLOL.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

Not sure..don't you have to pay for guests beverages?  Never tried it, but I'm somewhat daring and next time I'll pick up a thirsty guest and 'smuggle' them into the 'retreat'...LOLOL.

I would not know to be sure, the word is out amoungst The Retreat Concierges and Staff, if they see me aboard I get an invite once or twice into either Michael's Club or The Retreat for cocktails...

A very nice Retreat from the crowds in other bars from time to time....

Just let them know you are going to bring in a guest for a bit and it should be fine....

Cheers and bon voyage

1 hour ago, Snit13 said:

Chucktown Steve, did you used to live in Charleston, SC?  Your CC name sounds familiar.

Yup. I retired to sunny FL a couple of years ago so I could be closer to Port Everglades.  Have two X cruises just booked because of it. 😄

1 hour ago, sippican said:

You won't have to sneak it--- We can sit together in the Sky Lounge because we " graduated " to Elite about 4 years ago. Please make a note of how we met on a post on CC , because, I will never remember this thread or any comments back and forth.

• Haha 1

Our experience has been if you want to book a cruise no problem you are on hold for 10 minutes.   If you  have a problem with a cancelled cruise it’s a 2 hr hold & during that time you get one cut off & start all over again on hold

7 minutes ago, If only said:

Our experience has been if you want to book a cruise no problem you are on hold for 10 minutes.   If you  have a problem with a cancelled cruise it’s a 2 hr hold & during that time you get one cut off & start all over again on hold

haha...your're so right.....another thing I do is never say I'm booked to any prospective trip/cruise/plane ticket...I always key in 'new' whatever and they seem to pick up right away, then they have to either transfer me to a number only they know, or deal with me.  BTW...3x posted ...triple threat.

Edited by oceangoer2

8 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

haha...your're so right.....another thing I do is never say I'm booked to any prospective trip/cruise/plane ticket...I always key in 'new' whatever and they seem to pick up right away, then they have to either transfer me to a number only they know, or deal with me.

Oooops, Good thinking, I will have to try that.  The phone number I have says their willing to work with us 24/7 so we will have to see how that works.

Edited by If only

1 hour ago, DrKoob said:

I hate to keep repeating myself on the boards but I just don't get this. 

Every time I read one of these threads I wonder why everyone does this. Why are you not using a TA? They work for free so why not use them. Then you make one call to that person and they get to sit on hold, not you. They deal with the cruise lines, the airlines, the hotels. BTW: I am talking about a TA that you know and trust, not an online or discount store agent that you may never be able to reach again.

If anything this crisis in travel has taught me, using a TA is the smart way to go. 

Additionally, the TA can make a call that covers multiple clients at once. Mine did this today, working to remedy massive screwups on X's part regarding taxes and portages for April cruises that still have not been refunded. It took a substantial amount of time, but he took care of us and another client simultaneously. If the other client and I had made these calls ourselves, we would have tied up two agents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

I always key in 'new' whatever and they seem to pick up right away,

Hey, that's my trick . 

Whaddya do when the Agent says " I recognize your voice. Didn't I tell you 5 times already not to " Press 1 for new bookings ? " 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

There is of course, a big difference between the cruise loyalty and the airline I’ll see. With the cruise loyalty “once an elite, always an elite.” The airlines require you to re-qualify every year. So there is an ever increasing number of cruising elites, diamonds, etc. 

Unless you reach lifetime status for total miles.  The hotels also offer a lifetime status.  Much appreciated for those of us that traveled for a living and now only travel for pleasure. 

4 hours ago, If only said:

WHOOPSIE! I'll try that instead of finding time to wait. My bad.

I don't understand why people get upset at posters when they mention their captain's club status.   I take it as context.  

To me, when I read a post that refers to the posters status, it helps me gauge their experience with celebrity.

It doesn't seem that people get as upset at others who mention the number of cruises they've been on.

I don't think it's  unreasonable for somebody who has a higher level of loyalty status to expect a little better customer service.  

How about Nexus? People pay for this service and get through airport security faster....that's a sort of preferential treatment, isn't it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shadow9612 said:

How about Nexus? People pay for this service and get through airport security faster....that's a sort of preferential treatment, isn't it?

As you said Nexus is a service, available to anyone who pays the fee, quite different IMO that a loyalty program.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, If only said:

Oooops, Good thinking, I will have to try that.  The phone number I have says their willing to work with us 24/7 so we will have to see how that works.

Do you suppose they meant you'll be on hold 24/7?  I have no hold time. I use a TA.  She sits on hold. Besides she also gives me lots of OBC that's refundable. 😎

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jelayne said:

As you said Nexus is a service, available to anyone who pays the fee, quite different IMO that a loyalty program.

@jelayne - Agreed.

I just see people get called out in posts for mentioning their status and I don't understand why.  I say that as a regular reader on the forum, not because I have been called out myself.

My thoughts are:

I don't mind people expecting more for having been loyal to Celebrity.  

If someone has sailed more with Celebrity, they have shown loyalty to X,  but this is essentially through "payment for services" - the more you pay Celebrity (generally) the more you climb their loyalty ladder. 

That's how their system seems to be designed.  

A person travelling in a suite gets many more points per day than someone travelling in an inside - are they more loyal because they paid more?  Maybe the inside person has taken many more cruises than a suite, but will still have less CC points. 

My intention is not to debate their loyalty program or definition of loyal  (I'm loyal to X, I love their product)...

It just seems to me that a person paying more over time, is higher on the Captains Club ladder and I see that similar (not identical) to paying for a service (like nexus).

So why do people get upset for them wanting better treatment by Celebrity from a customer service point of view?

I'm not advocating one way or another - I just don't think people should be called out here for mentioning their status.  😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

So why do people get upset for them wanting better treatment by Celebrity from a customer service point of view?

It's all a question of context. The loyalty program has a number of benefits providing "better treatment" for its Elite members, but a separate priority telephone line with a guaranteed quick response time is not one of them. Consequently, there should be no expectation of quicker telephone access for Elite members, thus giving rise to such comments as "Why do you think you should get preferential treatment due to your 'status'?"

While I'm sure that the OP of the Hold Times thread was every bit as frustrated, his tone was completely different and elicited nothing but positive responses. Read the first post from both threads and it becomes easy to understand the difference in reactions. One mingles a bit of humour and self-deprecation along with the facts, while the other chooses to pass judgement and make threats. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Yup. I retired to sunny FL a couple of years ago so I could be closer to Port Everglades.  Have two X cruises just booked because of it. 😄

I sailed with you maybe on Silhouette and we had a great roll call.  Seem to recall it was the cruise after the "Bare Necessities" week.   Why Kissimmee?  I know, there is a Bare resort in Kissimmee.  You a Disney fan?

Grace

I think that the OP saying they have a TA that they don't want to bother because she's overburdened is comedy gold. 

I read the elite comment in context, and it came across initially as "don't they know who I am?"  Especially after complaining that an email sent the day before demanding that someone call them back wasn't returned.   Add status level with being on this board for almost 20 years, and you don't know that's not the way any of this works?  I mean, c'mon. 

These are legitimate complaints but unreasonable expectations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1