Its time to move on from 2020

Cruising won’t begin until the United States can actually unite as one country to stop the spread. Almost 6 months in and people are having Covid parties because they still believe it’s a hoax. Do you really want to be on a ship with these people. Florida is the key player for the cruise industry. It’s not looking good for this year.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

12,500,000 cases and 560,000 deaths in the last 5-6 months, ask the family and friends of these people if the hysteria is higher than necessary? Why bother, it appears that a lot of people only care about the next cruise rather than the health and well being of their fellow man worldwide.

If the CDC buckles down under political pressure they should all be held responsible for what happens next.

Thanks for posting the numbers.  

NJ 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

12,500,000 cases and 560,000 deaths in the last 5-6 months, ask the family and friends of these people if the hysteria is higher than necessary? Why bother, it appears that a lot of people only care about the next cruise rather than the health and well being of their fellow man worldwide.

Numbers don’t tell the story.   They can give an impression of what is happening, but we don’t know if they’re accurate as we don’t know the background of the #s.

Recall my post from Friday, where the hospital nurse told me they had 100 patients w/ CV across multiple campuses, but almost all of them weren’t there for CV (as they’re asymptomatic) and were getting treated for other issues instead (all the patients get tested for CV).  Nonetheless, they’re still included in the hospital’s CV count.  

We’re all forgetting common colds, viruses, & bacteria, have been going around for a long time.   CV19 may not be going away anytime soon either.  I’m not saying it’s a hoax, but be smart about what you do in your daily routine and take precautions as needed. 

Does anyone on here care to give any firsthand CV experiences?  

The four ppl we know of that had it (2 relatives, and 2 relatives of ppl we know) all recovered w/out hospitalization at home. 

2 minutes ago, atgood said:

Numbers don’t tell the story.   They can give an impression of what is happening, but we don’t know if they’re accurate as we don’t know the background of the #s.

Recall my post from Friday, where the hospital nurse told me they had 100 patients w/ CV across multiple campuses, but almost all of them weren’t there for CV (as they’re asymptomatic) and were getting treated for other issues instead (all the patients get tested for CV).  Nonetheless, they’re still included in the hospital’s CV count.  

We’re all forgetting common colds, viruses, & bacteria, have been going around for a long time.   CV19 may not be going away anytime soon either.  I’m not saying it’s a hoax, but be smart about what you do in your daily routine and take precautions as needed. 

The four ppl we know of that had it (2 relatives, and 2 relatives of ppl we know) all recovered w/out hospitalization at home. 

The numbers don't have to be exact...I agree...but they can't be disregarded either...even if a fraction of them is true that's way too many people.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ashland said:

The numbers don't have to be exact...I agree...but they can't be disregarded either...even if a fraction of them is true that's way too many people.

There's also possible concern regarding impacts on people later in life who have had the virus.

You can shut everything down, sit inside, wait for a cure/vaccine who knows when. What happens to the economy?  Can’t print money forever. 

It’s my personal opinion we must open up and do our best to manage the vulnerable. We had another spike of deaths in long term care facilities. There is definitely a problem in these facilities. 

Average age testing positive still in 30’s. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

17 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

There's also possible concern regarding impacts on people later in life who have had the virus.

Yes...this new information is (should be) of real concern especially the vascular implications.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You can shut everything down, sit inside, wait for a cure/vaccine who knows when. What happens to the economy?  Can’t print money forever. 

It’s my personal opinion we must open up and do our best to manage the vulnerable. We had another spike of deaths in long term care facilities. There is definitely a problem in these facilities. 

Average age testing positive still in 30’s. 

M8

And the point is..."Everyone" needs to cooperate with the guidelines to get us through this...Sadly they haven't been..."RALLY's", riots, parties etc. etc.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 7/10/2020 at 1:31 PM, Dennis#1 said:

Thought that all unemployment payments (both state Payments and the $600 per week until the end of July) were taxable income on Federal Income Tax Return.

Taxable for Federal and State where I live. Many PT minimum wage workers wouldn’t come back when we started to open. Many weren’t Making $600 a week to begin with. These would typically be high school and college kids who still live at home. On a positive note there were plenty of opportunities for those who normally are only looking for a summer job.

1 hour ago, atgood said:

Of the people I know or are relatives (spouses, children) of people I know, 2 have died (41and 70 something,) several are still on oxygen long term (ranging from 30's to 72,) one is waiting for a lung transplant (40s,) one has heart problems (60s), one 20 year old has gastric bleeding, and 3 had mild symptoms with no apparent side effects (2 in their 20s, one just turned 50.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

And the point is..."Everyone" needs to cooperate with the guidelines to get us through this...Sadly they haven't been..."RALLY's", riots, parties etc. etc.

Yes. It’s Catch 22. You still see nightly protests. How are we to tell others it’s ok to protest and the other things that go with but it’s not ok to go to the beach or a bar. 

We wear our mask in appropriate areas. We don’t wear them in our car or while riding. 

M8

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Yes. It’s Catch 22. You still see nightly protests. How are we to tell others it’s ok to protest and the other things that go with but it’s not ok to go to the beach or a bar. 

We wear our mask in appropriate areas. We don’t wear them in our car or while riding. 

M8

I am anal about masks and even I won't wear one in my car 🙂

• Like 3

• LauraS locked this topic