New York in December, Miami in April

Hello,

Let's add to that rumour mill and opinion pile.

I'm from the UK and have the following booked:

1. 4 days in New York at the end of December 2020

2. A 7 night cruise from Miami and 7 nights in Orlando in April 2021

Who thinks none of these will happen, one of them or both of them?

If you just want to visit NYC in December, sure, why not. Not sure they’ll let you back in the UK however. But my wild ass guess is that no cruises will leave NY in 2020. 

As for Florida in April 2021, I’ll give it a very wishy washy 50% chance. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure you could go to NY anytime you want. You might have issues getting home, but you could certainly visit NY. What does your country require now for coming home from the US? If it's just a 14 day quarantine, you could come now or wait till December.

I don't think you'll cruise from FL in April.

34 minutes ago, maggieq said:

NYC will not be back to normal by December.  Not sure what you would be looking for but I would push that trip out a while. 

NYC won't be back to normal in December 2021. Roll the dice and go for it. The worst they can do is cancel it. 

We have an October cruise from NYC (booked a while back) that has not cancelled yet. So we're hoping....

Edited by BirdTravels

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Two months ago I would have said you were crazy and Florida would be sailing before New York.  Now I think it might be the other way around with New York resuming sailing before Florida. 

In 5 more months...who knows. 

New York is still a long way off from opening up. Once they do, cases will surge. 

M8

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

I thought they were soon entering stage 3.🤔

NY Stage 3 is nothing like our Stage 2 in Florida. Each Governor set up there own plan. Our bars that serve food are now open again. We are still in phase 2. 

There is no cure for CV19. You can’t remain locked down forever. There will be nothing left. It’s never been about the number of cases. There is more understanding of some treatments that help. Vents are a last ditch effort not likely to end well. Need to protect the vulnerable. Florida’s daily death rate continues to drop. 

M8

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

NY Stage 3 is nothing like our Stage 2 in Florida. Each Governor set up there own plan. Our bars that serve food are now open again. We are still in phase 2.

That’s why I mentioned it. The two stages are nothing alike, and N.Y. is far from cruising.  

There is no cure for CV19. You can’t remain locked down forever. There will be nothing left.

You are right, there is no cure for CV19. At least not yet. You are also right that you can’t be locked down forever. I have said that here in Canada as well. People can go about their way if the act responsibly, however that is the issue.  Many aren’t.  I don’t think they even care if there is anything left because they want to do whatever they want, whenever. I don’t think they even consider the bigger picture. 

There is a solution to which you and I both know, but others have a hard time accepting for whatever reason. Masks, for all when you can not practice safe social distancing.  When the President mandated all 3M masks to go America I though his original plan was to have masks in every house to keep everything up and running and the economy could just continue rolling. As it turns out, I was wrong. Almost seems too simple to work, and all would have had to buy into it. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, amurray88 said:

Hello,

Let's add to that rumour mill and opinion pile.

I'm from the UK and have the following booked:

1. 4 days in New York at the end of December 2020

2. A 7 night cruise from Miami and 7 nights in Orlando in April 2021

Who thinks none of these will happen, one of them or both of them?

None will happen because the Sci Fi movie that all of us are in has no ending.

• Like 1

Not to be a downer,but being realistic.realistic. 

I do not think either vacation will be possible for the OP considering the present state of NYC and Florida.

As for visiting NYC in December 2020, Broadway theaters  are continuing to be closed into January,2021. Presently, movie theaters are closed as well.

There is limited admission to museums. 

Supposedly, there is to be a second wave of the virus beginning in Nov. Will NYC cases spike then - who knows ?

NYC is my former hometown. My DH and I have no desire to visit,although it is only a two hour drive from where we presently live. We definitely would not travel all the way  from the UK to visit a city that has been compromised by Covid-19 concerns.

As to a cruise from Miami and a stay in Orland in April 2021, focus on three words- cruise,Miami,Orlando. Unless the citizens of Florida step up the effort to mitigate this awful virus by consistently wearing masks,keeping social distance and limiting activities out of their homes, it seems that the OP’s April2021 is a no go as well. MHO

Wear a mask,stay safe ,be considerate of others.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

That’s why I mentioned it. The two stages are nothing alike, and N.Y. is far from cruising.  

Even within N.Y., the phases vary. For example, when 9 of the 10 different regions in NY entered phase 3, indoor dining was allowed. When NYC (the 10th region) entered phase 3, indoor dining was banned until further notice. Health officials noticed the spike in other states that reopened indoor dining and did the right thing. 

• Like 2

I see no reason why you can't do both. I thrive on optimism and I'm not wrong very often.  We plan on going on our Hawaii cruise in November and Norway coastal cruise next May from Southampton. I have no fears of traveling or cruising with all the restrictions that will be in place.

11 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

The OP doesn't say they're going to NYC, just NY.  So like everything else on CC nowadays, the responses are all based on speculation.  

Good point although for most people they are one in the same. 

Whenever I tell people I'm from NY, they automatically assume the city.

• Like 1

NYC will not be back to normal by December.  Not sure what you would be looking for but I would push that trip out a while. 

With ALL that is going on in NYC—and not all related to cruises—I would TOTALLY rethink the whole visit until ALL is settled(if ever).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, justKirbo said:

I'm sure you could go to NY anytime you want. You might have issues getting home, but you could certainly visit NY. What does your country require now for coming home from the US? If it's just a 14 day quarantine, you could come now or wait till December.

I don't think you'll cruise from FL in April.

The 14 days on return is one thing but as the UK is saying no travel outside the 57 approved places any travel/health insurance would be void for anyone going to the US.  Sitting on a soon to be cancelled October cruise myself.