The Daily for Monday Jul 13, 2020

richwmn

today is Barbershop Music Appreciation Day and Beans and Franks Day

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.                                

Meal suggestion for today -  Moroccan pomegranate & roast veg salad

Wine of the day - Domaine du Castel Grand Vin Haute-Judée vintage 2016

At Sea Indian Ocean
Amsterdam destination Suez Canal eta 7/24
Eurodam destination Singapore
Maasdam destination Suez Canal eta 7/17
Rotterdam destination Suez Canal eta 7/24
Veendam destination Suez Canal eta 7/17

Punta Arenas
Oosterdam

Puerto Vallarta
Koningsdam

Singapore Anchorage
Nieuw Amsterdam
Noordam
Volendam
Westerdam
Zuiderdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Good morning Rich and fellow dailyites.  Another HOT day here in south Florida.  The quote is so true for many things in today's world.  Beans and Franks is one of our favorite meals.  I'll pass on the meal suggestion.

Love all the photos of flowers and pets everyone is posting.  Brightens my day!  Keep them coming.

Prayers for continued recovery for everyone that needs them and for everyone else, please stay safe.

• Like 4

Good morning.

Thank you for the Daily report.

It's a lovely summer day here, forecast high into the low 20sC and sunny.  Hope everyone has a beautiful Monday.

I knew a man who sang in a Barbershop Quartet, but that was years ago.  I don't think that group is still singing.☹️

I think we'll pass on the meal suggestion, and the wine may be too expensive for us.

Sending prayers for those dealing with health issues.  Hoping to hear from KK.

• Like 6

45 Best Barbershop Harmony images | Barber shop quartet ...        

Good Morning Rich. I appreciated the beautiful Georgia sunset pictures you posted last night. Thank you for the community you created. I am not sure what's going on for dinner, but I am not a pomegranate fan, but I can roast veggies with some chicken.

Good morning sisters Cat and Denise and fellow Daily-ites. Hope all is going well and ya'll are behaving.

Doctor's visit for Allen this morning. Meeting with contractor and landscaper. It is so hot. It looks like we may dip down closer to mid 90's in next few days. If Allen is feeling up to it, we will take a drive to Georgetown Lake and have a look. I love the live oak trees and magnolias. 

Sharon, still hoping your son comes thru ok.

Praying KK is on holiday and nothing is wrong.

Have a wonderful happy, peaceful, healthy day. God loves us and will help us thru this. XX

image.jpeg

• Like 6

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂

I’ll happily celebrate Barbershop Appreciation day.  So much great music.  Pass on the franks and beans as DH doesn’t like franks & beans are not my cup of tea 😉 

Love the quote, Rich.  I don’t know how you find all of these but they are fabulous!

Pomegranate sounds great but alas, none on hand.  Wine sounds interesting.  Must look.

Hope we hear from KK today & Sharon’s son gets his test results.

For today’s garden/flower time I thought I would bring you some of Bordeaux.

Each winery has it’s own little private oasis where the owners can invite special friends to sample:

035E98AC-6F0F-4207-9C69-20AFB31A2775.thumb.jpeg.f72ec4b5949608bf3a2b187bdad5534f.jpeg

F071AC29-EBE8-4FE3-9F76-C30052763C2F.thumb.jpeg.1b1ee58201fbc0e598788af0afb800a2.jpeg

64B971EC-57CA-419B-94E9-DAE01A8C18D5.thumb.jpeg.8aac2181ac0182561aa4623a33039af4.jpeg

B9F5DD75-23B9-415D-96EB-2D2055E9C4EC.thumb.jpeg.b598e95b80ea12f8ffefdded87ac0b01.jpeg

Vineyard 

33427D7B-3A72-4A61-9DB5-879411817365.thumb.jpeg.1aa426f68ac981e545194a816ed95f24.jpeg

Some of the flowers and trees of Bordeaux:

559834DE-3EBF-4AEC-96CA-C68E0238E159.thumb.jpeg.0fc13b80b6aae79dca6fc312b7b4369b.jpeg

EC6A0ED3-5341-45FE-A818-2797432EBFE5.thumb.jpeg.45b8b92d98e36c730f06f8772372ed26.jpeg

BDE7B2E8-C45D-47B4-B275-AC34DA02A206.thumb.jpeg.84b5348bbe9227ee3d53a6a0e821fa03.jpeg

77F3DCF3-AF07-489D-897A-0C7D486BDB7C.thumb.jpeg.2bb61a7bda05e6318af3dd3d7ae61c10.jpeg

• Like 5

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters!

Denise, so glad you got to kayak with David. I am a bit jealous, since the humidity has been so oppressive here lately, I can not even think of paddling a kayak.  Joy, praying for an excellent Doctor’s visit for Allen (and you).

I had an uncle who sang barbershop. He was a town official in a tiny town in Massachusetts & he would sing while walking along on the sidewalk. He was such a special & loved man. 

Love the quote! The wine is a red blend with high ratings, and is out of my league. Will need to look up the meal suggestion. It sounds very interesting. 

Has anyone seen a post from @fatcat04 lately? The last post I could find from her was on July 8. Hope she is just busy with the kids & summer, in addition to all the craziness this year has thrown at us.

@kazu your Marley has a great smile.  Thank you for sharing your Bordeaux pics. Gorgeous.  Hope you here from Yonnie soon. 

Stay well everyone!

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 3

•  react_haha.png  fatcat04 reacted to a post in a topic: New HAL President Thursday at 11:58 PM
  •  react_haha.png  fatcat04 reacted to a post in a topic: New HAL President Thursday at 11:58 PM
  •  react_like.png  fatcat04 reacted to a post in a topic: Questions on HAL's Private Fare Sale Thursday at 11:54 PM

if you click on the search box, then more options you will find members as a option. Put the member name in the search box and click the search icon.
    Also, if you type the @ then start typing the name, the forum will present you with options. It will only link if you click on the name, not if you continue to type it. Like @fatcat04 is now linked and will get a notification
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, richwmn said:
  •  react_like.png  fatcat04 reacted to a post in a topic: Questions on HAL's Private Fare Sale Thursday at 11:54 PM

if you click on the search box, then more options you will find members as a option. Put the member name in the search box and click the search icon.
    Also, if you type the @ then start typing the name, the forum will present you with options. It will only link if you click on the name, not if you continue to type it. Like @fatcat04 is now linked and will get a notification

Thank you Rich! Not sure what I did wrong, but the Thursday posts did not show up for me.  I am taking a screenshot of your instructions, so I will do it correctly next time.

Edited by cat shepard

40 minutes ago, kazu said:

Love the quote, Rich.  I don’t know how you find all of these but they are fabulous!

Jacqui - I'll tell you but you must promise not to tell anyone else my little secret. There is a program called 'fortune' which has been a part of Unix based computing for over 50 years. It selects a random quote from a huge list, now numbering over 30,000, each time you log into the computer. That is where the quotes come from. There is a version of the program for Windows, and it works on Mac Desktops as well. Please don't let the others know, they think I spend hours trying to find the quotes.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Beans & franks and a Moroccan salad - an odd combination, and one I might try one day, just not today.  We still have a few smokies to get through that I'll turn into a potato/smokie bake on the barbecue along with a side salad.  And wine.

DH is an old rocker with eclectic musical tastes (loves the 30's), but is not fond at all of barbershop style, so one year for Valentine's Day, I sent a quartet over to his class at the university to serenade him in front of his students.  LOL  He couldn't complain about it; I did it out of love!  We still laugh about it today.

Smooth Sailing!

Gerry

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Thank you for the report, Rich.  It would be really nice if the Suez Canal had a web cam.  I love the quote and Barbershop music (although it's a reminder that while my hair is still short it's getting shaggy around the ears) but will pass on the meal suggestions.

Today's care list

A good report from the Doctor for Allen.

Test reports and healing for Sharon's son

Anything from KK

The governor of Florida to start requiring all to wear face coverings in public.  It won't do the whole job but would be a huge step in the right direction. 

Roy

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Today's care list

A good report from the Doctor for Allen.

Test reports and healing for Sharon's son

Anything from KK

The governor of Florida to start requiring all to wear face coverings in public.  It won't do the whole job but would be a huge step in the right direction. 

Roy

@rafinmd   

Roy, thank you so much for the "Daily Care List" I hope you are willing to continue to keep us updated and prayerful.

Great, lovely, thoughtful idea. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This should be my last scout camp photo at least for a while.  I am known on ships as an early riser and I'm much the same at summer camp.  I don't get surrise photos very often but I am usually the first one up in our group and can sometimes wander off to find a clearing over the lake while everyone else is still asleep.  This is a sunrise taken June 26, 2018 at our local council's camp in Northeast Maryland (between Baltimore and Philadelphia).redskybcmsr.JPG.9de544f1c18c8618782e2d4033b2bb8c.JPG

The rest of my photos for July should all have been taken sometime in July and travel related.

Roy

• Like 11

50 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Jacqui - I'll tell you but you must promise not to tell anyone else my little secret. There is a program called 'fortune' which has been a part of Unix based computing for over 50 years. It selects a random quote from a huge list, now numbering over 30,000, each time you log into the computer. That is where the quotes come from. There is a version of the program for Windows, and it works on Mac Desktops as well. Please don't let the others know, they think I spend hours trying to find the quotes.

LOL - I won’t tell anyone.  You did 😄🤣😂

• Haha 2

Thanks for the Daily, Rich.

I love barbershop music. When I was grouwing up there was a rehearsal hall just a couple of doors from my Grandma's house (we lived 2 blocks away). In the summer, you could sit out and listen to the practising because all the doors and windows were open-no air conditioning. Great memories.

DH can not get that salad makes a meal, so the meal suggestion won't fly here, but both he and DD love beans, so I now have my dinner planned. 😄

I'd love that picture that @YXU AC*SE has for my son. He's a beacon for mistakes! (on a side note....I miss flying out of yxu-22 minutes from home!)

Prayers for good news from those on the care list.

Goal for today: exercise. I miss walking the ships from end to end a few times a day to keep in shape!

Stay safe! Stay healthy!

Edited by Dismomx5
  • Like 6

@rafinmd, boy Roy - if I could just borrow your Governor Hogan for six weeks. But thank you for including Florida on your care list, we need all the help we can get. 

As a thank you, here is my only sunrise pic from last year’s cruise. It was just coming up behind Diamondhead as we approached Honolulu.  

1B0ECBA1-33EB-4A2A-941A-1BD25D03DAAC.jpeg

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 8

I'm just now able to get here to read the Daily because Comcast had an outage in our area all morning.  I found out when I woke up we had no cable TV, landline phone, or internet service.  Good grief, how much do we depend on these things anymore??  So glad to be back "on board".☺️

• Like 4

Thanks Rich for the daily. Today is a travel day ending south of Coos Bay so it might just be a beans and frank dinner tonight. Roy, as always your photo is wonderful. And I like the care list. Kazu, your winery tour was beautiful. I enjoyed the tour and I didn’t even have to dress up to do it. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the update Rich and for sharing your secret with Kazu 😂. We had beans last night but with mini  smashed burgers so we kind of half celebrated a day early.  It looks like the ships going through the Suez won't be lonely.  Here is a picture of our resident daddy cardinal and some of our “statues” in the garden.

062AEEBC-3076-4C36-83AB-DB1F52DF07D7.jpeg

5BCCFCFF-8373-40AA-BD57-0B7D5A28885B.jpeg

70D6FFAC-F6E3-4638-96B4-71545008F1A8.jpeg

775B1F74-E947-4239-9A36-5D8CFF9962D4.jpeg

• Like 8

@gigianne, aren't you lucky to have a "resident" cardinal?  We don't have any out here in the wild west.  We have hummingbirds, which are difficult to photograph, and of course, eagles and turkey vultures swooping overhead.   I love watching all the birds.  

Thanks for the Daily, Rich.  It's nice to see people posting photographs, and to read your inspiring quotes and meal suggestions.  

For Jacqui, I will post some photos from the flower market in Ljubljana from October on our last cruise on Koningsdam.  

IMG_2740.thumb.jpeg.c7cd665efe42b9c421e0b7189c915ac5.jpeg

IMG_2742.thumb.jpeg.2ab9a49db629b0ce588654d4c4a39357.jpeg

P1080295.thumb.jpeg.88673150161c16f220f6c7070ecaf75e.jpeg

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 7