Princess canceling USA cruises until December 15, will Carnival follow suit?

Georgie562

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

Only some cruises and ships, not all.

"All sailings in Asia, Caribbean, California Coast, Hawaii, Mexico, Panama Canal, South America & Antarctica, Japan, and Tahiti/South Pacific through December 15, 2020"

That seems like a lot to me.... 

• Like 1

This gets closer to what I have been saying since March that the numbers in NC showed a peak of the virus in NC  around mid September.  From a realistic point of view December is much more reasonable.  It is still a fluid situation and if the anti mask crowd keeps fighting for there rights we might be still having this discussion in March of next year or beyond.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, skridge said:

This gets closer to what I have been saying since March that the numbers in NC showed a peak of the virus in NC  around mid September.  From a realistic point of view December is much more reasonable.  It is still a fluid situation and if the anti mask crowd keeps fighting for there rights we might be still having this discussion in March of next year or beyond.

I'm sorry, but what is NC?

baf

2 hours ago, skridge said:

And this is what I was saying since mid-March, when NYC was the epicenter of the world.  If people had used NYS as an example, the country wouldn't be in the situation that it's in now.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, skridge said:

Fingers crossed that somewhere in the December to March time frame we have a vaccine.  Then there will be a whole new discussion going on.  Man I just felt my own eyes roll back in my head. 

• Like 1

Princess cruises has been hit the hardest with the most damaging of national and international news broadcasts.   

It doesn't surprise me at all that they may have the weakest reservations this fall.

I have not even browsed any Princess cruises, but I have many other lines departing from US ports.

David

I'd say while it doesn't bode well for fall Carnival sailings, I could see Carnival being the line in Carnival Corp. to break the ice by offering the first cruises a little ahead of the others. So, in theory, I can imagine Carnival resuming maybe a month earlier than Princess' December 15th date.

But who am I kidding? There's no reason to believe the current situation is going to be tangibly better by November or December, much less the current hopeful resumption date of October. I think very few of us here believe cruises will actually resume in October anymore. The reasons we think that may differ (Covid will still be too bad, or the CDC is being unreasonably obstructionist as two possible reasons for example), but most of us think it for one reason or another.

• Like 1

I have some close friends that got Covid,  they say they are susceptible to getting it again after about two months.   I'd heard this before, not sure what to believe anymore,  but this was from their doctors, and I don't know if I believe that either..    I gotta bad feeling this will mutate this winter enough to be another virulent strain.    It's not going to go away.   Vaccine or not, it looks like we might be dealing with this 3 years from now.  It's becoming the new normal.    Glad I got one last cruise in before the crap hit the fan.  

• Like 1

Not good news in Princess suspending cruises through Dec. 15.  Pretty much the only place not listed is the Bahamas - and they already shut us down! What other ports are there that are not listed?   No doubt that Carnival will make their announcement shortly.

16 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

John Heald can only pass on the info he is authorized to pass on.  A new brand ambassador is not going to change that.

So he does what he can, with the info he is allowed to pass on.

I like him and follow him because I consider him funny (I like sarcastic and Dad-joke humor) and because he brings a bit of light-heartedness, not because I expect "insider information" from him.  Anything he might say about future cancellations, for example, will be in a press release or website announcement simultaneously.

You've put it very well.

No reason to dislike the man personally - he was actually quite fun & personable as the CD on a cruise several years back.

But too many CC members believed his promise many years back to "ask the hard questions of the beards."

He certainly does NOT do that. But that's their fault, not his. Carnival's rep for secretiveness, stringing customers along, not admitting bad news til the last possible moment, overhyping good news while spinning the bad stuff ... all of that starts with Donald, Duffy and their team.

• Like 4

Well that certainly doesn't bode well for cruising anytime soon.

To be fair, the average age on Princess is up there. More of a liability than the rest of their fleet. Also, Princess got the worst rap in COVID so far. The Diamond Princess is the gold standard that people assume every ship will be like.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pe4all said:

Not good news in Princess suspending cruises through Dec. 15.  Pretty much the only place not listed is the Bahamas - and they already shut us down! What other ports are there that are not listed?   No doubt that Carnival will make their announcement shortly.

The Bahamas falls under "The Caribbean".

Someone pointed out they did not explicitly mention Australia - that is probably the only remaining operations.  Unless that falls under "South Pacific".