Interesting potential plans to avoid second lockdown......and maybe get cruising going again

Harry Peterson

39 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Ah ha ha ha stayin' alive, stayin' alive,

Ah ha ha ha stayin' alive...

🎶🎙️🎤

Are you sure they are the right lyrics :classic_unsure::classic_wink::classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

But isn't it sad when your teenage idols age?

I'm sure he says the same about me.😂

I don't think I've  aged much at all, but then again I avoid mirrors like the plague 😂

Avril 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I don't think I've  aged much at all, but then again I avoid mirrors like the plague 😂

Avril 

It's the shop windows you can't avoid. Several times I've spotted someone in a shop window, turned round to see who it was, and realised it was the new unimproved moi.😱

11 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

It's the shop windows you can't avoid. Several times I've spotted someone in a shop window, turned round to see who it was, and realised it was the new unimproved moi.😱

What frightens me is, every time I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror first thing on a morning,  I think it's my mother.  Frightens the life out if me.😲

Avril 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

What frightens me is, every time I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror first thing on a morning,  I think it's my mother.  Frightens the life out if me.😲

Avril 

Your lucky you cast a reflection every time I look 👀 into the mirror someone else is looking back at me.

• Haha 1

I’ve only just heard this news though it was being de-bunked on the BBC news tonight.

There’s an awful lot of us over 50’s who have abided by all the rules and I’ll be very upset if I have to stay indoors (not that I go out that much anyway nowadays) Only seen 2 friends recently in my garden (and on different days) etc  when younger people are crowded into pubs and going on demonstrations. This will cause a lot of unrest if they enforce this.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I’ve only just heard this news though it was being de-bunked on the BBC news tonight.

There’s an awful lot of us over 50’s who have abided by all the rules and I’ll be very upset if I have to stay indoors (not that I go out that much anyway nowadays) Only seen 2 friends recently in my garden (and on different days) etc  when younger people are crowded into pubs and going on demonstrations. This will cause a lot of unrest if they enforce this.

I think you can sleep safely - the idea of isolation of a certain age group is just bunkum (great word!) and in any case is totally unworkable. For example, I look at least twenty years less than my real age, thanks to regular walks to the kitchen and copious amounts of red wine. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Wouldn't worry too much Sue...in the first lockdown, sales of toilet roll boomed...

I would imagine that if they try and enforce this then sales of hair dye and various skin products will boom instead... 🤣 - with many people deciding that they either are (about) 49, or feel younger at heart, therefore they are exempt.  Even less enforceable than the face mask.

For P&O that would render travel even more undoable - average age I read was late 40s now. Meanwhile the transmission rate will be the transmission rate.

28 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

And today’s Telegraph:

No 10 ditches plan to shield over-50s after backlash from ministers

Obviously forum members......

Indeed!

You have to suspect the government feeds ideas through Tim Shipman to guage the reaction; this isn't the first time.

Edited by AnnieC
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Indeed!

You have to suspect the government feeds ideas through Tim Shipman to guage the reaction; this isn't the first time.

All govts have leaked controversial possibilities to gauge the reaction, seems quite sensible to me.

It been around for ever and is called flag-flying.

Unfortunately what often happens is that some members of the public hear/take notice of the ‘flag’ but never get the message that it’s been taken down

No wonder there’s a lot of confusion

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

It been around for ever and is called flag-flying.

Unfortunately what often happens is that some members of the public hear/take notice of the ‘flag’ but never get the message that it’s been taken down

No wonder there’s a lot of confusion

What happens even more is that people see the tabloid headlines but never bother to read the rest of the article.(which usually, quite someway down the page, inserts some facts that rather reduce the headline impact).