Dear RCCL - can Los Angeles have one measly ship?

2 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Probably but, it would really be nice to have something to look forward to. We are getting tired of the all day traveling to and from cruises.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yes....Why does everyone always have to dash our dreams :classic_unsure:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ashland said:

Yes....Why does everyone always have to dash our dreams :classic_unsure:

Is there a difference between a dream and a fantasy?

And I would love to sail from San Diego. LA, not so much. Maybe a round trip to Hawaii though

Edited by CSHS1979
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

In addition to the three ships coming from Manila, at least 4 other CCL affiliated ships are sailing up the west coast of Central America toward LA. At the moment the only ship in the area is the X Millennium (off San Diego) - X Eclipse was there but left for Hawaii 4 days ago.

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Both Royal and Ruby Princess are headed to LA as well from Manila - test cruises from LA? The CDC color coded ship status does NOT list a single Princess ship.

The CDC only tracks ships that are operating near or in US waters.  As far as I can see,  Princess hasn't been keeping any ships near the US.  

2 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

The CDC only tracks ships that are operating near or in US waters.  As far as I can see,  Princess hasn't been keeping any ships near the US.  

Right, but if they plan to, they need to be added - Carnival itself added two ships last week, RCI also added two. The addition of ships and their status may indicate each lines' start up plans.

12 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Just checked Royals website, and Voyager is sailing out of Singapore in December 2021.

Was hoping that the Voyager would sail out of any USA west coast  port.  Would then make it easier to earn a Voyager of the Seas crystal block.  Have many duplicate blocks, but seem to always miss getting one for the Voyager.

30 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

Was hoping that the Voyager would sail out of any USA west coast  port.  Would then make it easier to earn a Voyager of the Seas crystal block.  Have many duplicate blocks, but seem to always miss getting one for the Voyager.

I lucked out last year and was able to trade a duplicate block for a Voyager block.  I have not sailed on Voyager since 2011.

4 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

That is promising.

1 hour ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I lucked out last year and was able to trade a duplicate block for a Voyager block.  I have not sailed on Voyager since 2011.

I can also do you a good price on Sydney harbour bridge too. .LOL

That’s a old screen shot I like to throw in now and then, it was canceled.

But where there’s smoke there’s fire.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 1:40 AM, csnarpy said:

To the public, but that was exactly what was going to happen.  As far as i know, it's still the plan. it's just a matter of when.

On 12/11/2020 at 9:56 AM, WeMissSeaView said:

That is promising.

On 12/11/2020 at 11:58 AM, WeMissSeaView said:

Just checked Royals website, and Voyager is sailing out of Singapore in December 2021.

Can Voyageur transit the Panama Canal?In addition to being scheduled out of Singapore  through March 2022 she is also now scheduled for Europe for the summer of 2022.  

Doesn't look like she will be on the west coast anytime soon. 

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Can Voyageur transit the Panama Canal?In addition to being scheduled out of Singapore  through March 2022 she is also now scheduled for Europe for the summer of 2022.  

Doesn't look like she will be on the west coast anytime soon. 

Not without getting a waiver for air draft.  Right the permitted air draft for the Bridge of Americas is 205' on a case by case basis.  The Voyager/Freedom class ships have an air draft of 208'.  The Canal has been fairly lenient in granting waivers for what is termed delivery transits, which usually consists of 3 or less transits.  However I have knowledge of them granting waivers for air draft (other than for one of their cranes), what I have seen is usually regarding length, beam or draft.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BillB48 said:

Not without getting a waiver for air draft.  Right the permitted air draft for the Bridge of Americas is 205' on a case by case basis.  The Voyager/Freedom class ships have an air draft of 208'.  The Canal has been fairly lenient in granting waivers for what is termed delivery transits, which usually consists of 3 or less transits.  However I have knowledge of them granting waivers for air draft (other than for one of their cranes), what I have seen is usually regarding length, beam or draft.

I read once that the lifeboat placement prevented Voyager class from doing the canal. I don't know if that applies to the  new locks.

Edited by Charles4515